Super Bowl XLIV Thread: Saints vs. Colts 2/7/09 6pm CBS vol: Peyton vs. Drew

Originally Posted by ballinsincekneehigh

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

STILL THE BEST TEAM OF THE CENTURY

patriotsposter_2.jpg

Century???  UHMMM no
cheaties.jpg

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Congrats to the city of New Orleans and the state of Louisiana. It was more than Football, 5 years after Katrina!

_ ya'll Colts & Peyton Manning.

dont let this *******t media propaganda fool you into believing that the city is "back" somehow because of this game, just for the sake of a cute story to sell.

Resting your players doesn't work. Should've kept playing all season. The whole world didn't agree with you.
It did work tho. Them resting vs. playing about 6-7 weeks ago had no impact on this game.

GEAUX SAINTS!!!!

Congrats to an absolutely dream season.

I wish I were in New Orleans for Mardi Gras.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Kardashians got that championship cooch!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Congrats to the Saints though.  Reggie Bush is gonna have a hell of a night.  Bourbon Street bout to get stupid wild the next two weeks.

Sean Payton had some balls tonight w. the onside kick...give him the MVP
Yeah, he did though take that page from Bill Cowher's book....just saying

Great call though, I like the aggressiveness

Originally Posted by YungSatellite

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Reggie Wayne choked. It's especially annoying since people that don't know football real well will say that Manning choked. Reggie embarrassed the U tonight.

He's really been Casper the entire playoffs. Sad.
lol at Wayne chocking.  Why make excuses for Peyton?

ALL game long the dude is throwing lasers then on that drive he throws;

A near pic. Overthrows an open receiver down the middle. Then throws that pic.

How does he go from throwing lasers to that drive? Unless he's a choke artist?
laugh.gif

1999: The Colts went 13-3, won their division but lost in the first round to the underdog Titans.

2000: The team went 10-6 and lost in the first round on the road atMiami. Yes the Dolphins were the "favourite" but they only had one morewin and were coached by Dave Wannstedt. In my books the Colts were thebetter team.

2002: Peyton and the Colts get blown out 41-0 in the first round on theroad against the New York Jets. The Colts actually had more wins butstill got killed by a weak armed Chad Pennington led Jets team.

2003 & 2004: Both years Indianapolis lost to those great Patriotteams. But don't great quarterbacks carry teams on their backs and beatmore talented teams on occasion? Peyton was overwhelmed in both gamesthrowing five interceptions vs. one measly touchdown in those twogames. Yuck.

2005: Again they are the favoured team and again Peyton and the Colts lose at home; this time to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

2006: Finally Peyton wins a Super Bowl. However it should be noted thatPeyton threw three touchdowns and seven interceptions in the teamsplayoff run and he never had a QB rating over 82 in any of those games.The Colts won with their defence coming together at the right time anda dominant running game led by Dominick Rhodes and Joseph Addai.

2007: For yet another year the Colts lose in their first playoff gameat home against an inferior opponent (San Diego) who were without theirstar running back and lost their starting quarterback. Yet once againPeyton Manning was the losing quarterback on a team that vastlyunderachieved in the playoffs.

2008: Indianapolis may have been on the road but they were favoured tobeat the mighty AFC West 8-8 Champion San Diego Chargers. But in theirlatest edition of playoff failures the Colts could only manage 17points against one of the worst secondaries in the league. The onlypoints Peyton Manning could produce in the second half came on a bustedcoverage play by the Chargers that led to a long touchdown pass to awide open Reggie Wayne.

So despite all his accomplishments and rosters littered with Pro Bowlplayers Peyton Manning's playoff record is 7-8. The 3-Time NFL MVP hasa losing record. Throw in the fact that he always choked in college atTennessee, especially against the Florida Gators and I can't help butthink his career, for as wonderful as it has been is seriously flawed.

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Congrats to the city of New Orleans and the state of Louisiana. It was more than Football, 5 years after Katrina!

_ ya'll Colts & Peyton Manning.

dont let this *******t media propaganda fool you into believing that the city is "back" somehow because of this game, just for the sake of a cute story to sell.

I don't think Brees threw a pass more than 10 yards in the second half. Just took advantage of that Colts D...

...and how was that interception Wayne's fault?

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Sean Payton had some balls tonight w. the onside kick...give him the MVP
Yeah, he did though take that page from Bill Cowher's book....just saying

Great call though, I like the aggressiveness

Exactly.  The boy has some balls and thats why they are the champions.  Can't do anything but tip the hat.

This is so stupid...why does the NFL do this every year? Let the man get to the stage and then all the players can touch the trophy afterwards
smh.gif

I wonder how the media is going to perceive Peyton Manning now that his team lost to the Saints. The Colts were heavily favored to win this years Super Bowl, and they came up short...All the statistics in the world in Manning's favor looks great, but his legacy has been somewhat tarnished now with this loss...still one of the best QB's of all time, but Brady fans have a legitimate right now to put him over Manning....

Having said that, Congratulations with the utmost respect, to the New Orleans Saints...a team of destiny..
pimp.gif

None.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Can't wait for next year, I have a good feeling.....

Oh, and Stanley Cup > Lombardi Trophy.....in terms of trophies, you should have to wear gloves like the Cup

Back
Top Bottom