Seattle SuperSonics Thread

SMH.

Im a Knicks fan but the Sonics was the main reason I got league pass. I wanted to see ray allen as the main man and he didn’t disappoint. Smh

I hope the fans win. Those suits are screwing and have screwed the fan Base. A team that had a loyal to the soil following for 41 years and was robbed is disgusting. Smh.

SMH.

Im a Knicks fan but the Sonics was the main reason I got league pass. I wanted to see ray allen as the main man and he didn’t disappoint. Smh

I hope the fans win. Those suits are screwing and have screwed the fan Base. A team that had a loyal to the soil following for 41 years and was robbed is disgusting. Smh.

Can y’all imagine Clay Bennett actually buying the team to win a chip? ‘07 could’ve been Ray, Rashard, and rookie KD causing a raucous in Western Conference. Bennett didn’t want the fans to show up/out so he could justify the move to rural America.

Peep this documentary out if you haven't seen it yet.

Sonicsgate is good because it details the Sonics controversial move from Seattle and all the undermining that led to their departure. I'm a Lakers fan, but this is a good watch and I feel bad for their fans.

not even from seattle and don't even know why, but i have just always a rooted for the team as a kid back during the ray allen/rashard lewis days and was bummed when clay bennett screwed the team over and moved them to OKC.

hope we all these talks of expansion don't fizzle and we actually get basketball back in seattle
assume that they would add another team in the west (vegas?) and move the grizz and pelicans to the east for this to all happen?

:lol: Don't put it on me.

But in all seriousness, I can't wait for them to return. It is only right. I love that city and have always had the restpects for those squads throughout history.

Can y’all imagine Clay Bennett actually buying the team to win a chip? ‘07 could’ve been Ray, Rashard, and rookie KD causing a raucous in Western Conference. Bennett didn’t want the fans to show up/out so he could justify the move to rural America.

I always hated that Jeff Green trade. That 07-08 team was filled with washed vets and NBA short termers smh.

I think I read somewhere Adam Silver said the price of any new expansion team would be at least $1.5 billion .

Last time I was in Seattle maybe 3 years ago I know Key Arena was renovated again since the NHL gave Seattle a expansion hockey team.

Last edited:
$1.5 Billion is tough to comprehend, but I do know that that between Seattle/Bellevue, that ain't ****.

Here's to my dude KG:

IMG_1864.jpg

Back
Top Bottom