sweat shops VOL. FTW or FTL???

this is my beliefs so lets discuss them i believe it is okay for there to be sweat shops bc in those 3rd world countries thats a better opportunity for themofcourse it looks bad to us in the U.S bc we have it pretty easy over here. Over there they dont have it so easy so there other forms of jobs are back breakinglabor that pays terrible and being in the hot sun all day still with no bathroom breaks but on the other hand if you take a sweat shop worker they still donthave RR breaks and it is hot but there sitting down all day and its inside also most sweat shop jobs pay more then the average job in 3rd world countries.

So nt i want to know what you think maybe ill change my mind???

Without seat shops there would be nothing to sit on..

Seat shops FTW!!!

Lmao nice title edit for the save...

For the actual topic, sweat shops FTL...

Right? That was easy for me to say, especially with a closet full of Nikes...I can't call it man. I'm not going to sit here and denounce them when I(and most of us) reap the benefits of sweat shops on a consistant basis.

If you're going to say "FTL", then stop buying gear from proven sweat shop using corporations. I'm not saying I respect the use of sweatshopsby any means, or like the use. But I certainly condone it by my continuous purchase of goods from a company that is KNOWN to produce goods in thus fashion.

well heres the thing, they say the avg person in ethiopia (fx) lives on a dollar a day, however what that really means is they only spend a dollar a day, mosdtof their tranasactions are done through barter, and food is grown at home. Therefore it looks like someone in a sweatshop has more money than an unemployedperson, when the person just growing food at home is often eating better

sweatshops FTL

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Without seat shops there would be nothing to sit on..

Seat shops FTW!!!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

FTL man. I mean, this is the new form of slavery. I'm surprised anyone can condone it.

Originally Posted by Complete since 1989

its all around the globe not just in ethiopia most sweat shops are better then the average job and pays more also
And the biggest single group of sweatshops are in LA.

Originally Posted by 18key

FTL man. I mean, this is the new form of slavery. I'm surprised anyone can condone it.
do the research alot of people condone it bc of the upside to sweat shops in 3rd world countries

Sweat shops are definitely FTW. If you say FTL, you have no business sense. And it's totally humane. Let's not place our Westernized First Worldstandards on these Third World developing countries.

nike has sweat shops so if yall dont condone them then why wear their shoes/apparel

I dont condone them. But I'm not gonna condemn them either. It's one of those almost necessary evils for 1st world countries to live how they do
ohwell.gif

Definitely nothing for me to argue with you over.

its all around the globe not just in ethiopia most sweat shops are better then the average job and pays more also
yeah, I said for example, not that theyre only in ethiopia lol.

and anyone tryna push that humanity crap on me, its def FTL. Im sure the majority of dudes here have never been to a third world country, at least not asanything other than a tourist, and seen what its really like. Dubai is a perfect example: everyone talks about how amazing it is, but you havent seen the realside of it. 99% of the construction workers in Dubai were tricked from there home country with promises of jobs tha tpay better, so they could supportthemselves as well as send money home to their family and then leave a few years later. However, once they get to Dubai they are barely paid enough to eat, andwill never be able to save up enough to get home and def not have any money to send to their families. If you go out in the desert, you will see shacks madeout of corrugated iron and stuff where all the construction workers live, theyre basically slaves.

This is basically an allegory for sweat shops. Ppl are tricked to move awat from home and to work in the factory, and then end up with no option but to staythere or die.

Condoning such a practice is ignorant. Theres a reason theyre called sweat shops and thats because theyre inhumane by anyones standards. Nomadic tribes livebetter than these people by a long shot.

nike has sweat shops so if yall dont condone them then why wear their shoes/apparel

I dont condone them. But I'm not gonna condemn them either. It's one of those almost necessary evils for 1st world countries to live how they do
ohwell.gif

Definitely nothing for me to argue with you over.
Thats exactly how I feel about it.

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

yeah, I said for example, not that theyre only in ethiopia lol.

and anyone tryna push that humanity crap on me, its def FTL. Im sure the majority of dudes here have never been to a third world country, at least not as anything other than a tourist, and seen what its really like. Dubai is a perfect example: everyone talks about how amazing it is, but you havent seen the real side of it. 99% of the construction workers in Dubai were tricked from there home country with promises of jobs tha tpay better, so they could support themselves as well as send money home to their family and then leave a few years later. However, once they get to Dubai they are barely paid enough to eat, and will never be able to save up enough to get home and def not have any money to send to their families. If you go out in the desert, you will see shacks made out of corrugated iron and stuff where all the construction workers live, theyre basically slaves.

This is basically an allegory for sweat shops. Ppl are tricked to move awat from home and to work in the factory, and then end up with no option but to stay there or die.

Condoning such a practice is ignorant. Theres a reason theyre called sweat shops and thats because theyre inhumane by anyones standards. Nomadic tribes live better than these people by a long shot.
yeah, it's a double edged sword. while it 'could be worse' with having no job and no food, most of the time the circumstances arehorrid, and there's no escape. terrible stuff.

fair trade wages? hell NO. nike makes billions. split that up just a bit and give them alittle more and thats fine. nike is too greedy.. sickening. 96% of mypurchases come 2nd hand so in part im guilty i presume.. but im not paying near retail so its someones loss

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

fair trade wages? hell NO. nike makes billions. split that up just a bit and give them alittle more and thats fine. nike is too greedy.. sicking.
laugh.gif
. Word.

But regardless of how "greedy" Nike is, it obviously doesn't stop you (or I) from buying product.

Originally Posted by TENnAHALF

Sweat shops are definitely FTW. If you say FTL, you have no business sense. And it's totally humane. Let's not place our Westernized First World standards on these Third World developing countries.

grin.gif
You just contradicted yourself, my man. You said we shouldn't place our Westernized First World standards on the Third World countries when it comesdown to the issue of humane treatment. But right before that, you said we have no business sense if we say sweatshops are FTL. Sounds like you made thisstatement based on your own Westernized notion of what and how we are supposed to conduct and perceive the idea of "business", an idea that a lot ofpeople and cultures go about in different ways, sweatshops not necessarily being one of those ways. Cant really pick and choose what we place our WesternizedFirst World standards on.

Back
Top Bottom