T-Mac 2 Retro is a go. Sort of.

Idk why Adidas was so weird with this release. He was one of the most popular players at that time. Folks bought his shoes. Advertise it's coming back and make more of them.
Exactly how I feel. I mean they put absolutely nothing about the shoes out there. If it wasn't for finishline putting them on their release calendar wouldn't even have known they were coming out.

And they came in! Had to get them on feet immediately and man they are stiff at first. Slowly breaking in and feeling muuuuch better, but the nostalgia that came flooding back alone made these a must have for me. I’m just shocked I got them lol

Exactly how I feel. I mean they put absolutely nothing about the shoes out there. If it wasn't for finishline putting them on their release calendar wouldn't even have known they were coming out.
I kid you not I was randomly on Twitter at some early *** hour and saw a tweet from SoleLinks I think saying these were live on adidas... had no idea they were ever dropping but had I not been on Twitter cause I couldn’t sleep I’d have never got these lol

Great point about the lack of marketing and buzz for these. I only knew because I’ve literally been waiting since the OGs to get a pair and always check this thread.

we all love to complain about Nike but my god who is running things at Adidas?

Loving these
9B9B0C12-0755-4364-9446-439F1616442C.jpeg

Great point about the lack of marketing and buzz for these. I only knew because I’ve literally been waiting since the OGs to get a pair and always check this thread.

What's even crazier is they literally had a colorway with these releases that supposedly dropped 3 weeks ago and not a single pair has surfaced.

^ maybe could even wear them casually! The Retromod 2’s are wide for days
Ant bed stompers wide? Lol. From the pictures it looks like the red and blue all-star isn't as wide as the black and white pair. Even the white pair looks less wide than the black.

So what I'm I going to do with the Return of the Macs? Got a black and red pair as well. Might just use these as work shoes or yard work shoes. They look like ⚽ shoes compared to the OGs
20200915_185524.jpg
20200915_185415.jpg
Yeah those look bad compared to this release. I know it was more of a new take on the 2s but yeah with the og blks out now those didn't age well.

My life is complete once I get these in my hands. How much you pay for those?
So I didn't think we would get these 3 months later. I paid 260 for them from a website over there. Then after they came in I seen they was releasing. I don't care I spent that much. In 02 my family was broke. Everybody had them. 20 years later I got every color plus double up on black and blue. We got donations from a church and they gave me all white shaqs. I colored in the tmac design. 😄🤣😂 They roasted the hell out of me. This shoe started my sneaker addiction.

So I didn't think we would get these 3 months later. I paid 260 for them from a website over there. Then after they came in I seen they was releasing. I don't care I spent that much. In 02 my family was broke. Everybody had them. 20 years later I got every color plus double up on black and blue. We got donations from a church and they gave me all white shaqs. I colored in the tmac design. 😄🤣😂 They roasted the hell out of me. This shoe started my sneaker addiction.
These the type of stories I like to hear nothing better going back and getting that piece of your childhood you missed out on or just want to relive. Some people don't realize how much and why shoes mean so much to people (not the hypebeasts) and this right here is the stuff I point people too. I had these my junior year and can't wait to lace the blue all stars back up again.

Probably the same knuckleheads lol 🤷🏿‍♂️

UnFazed UnFazed i remember having to mow like 15 lawns to be able to get a pair of these when they first dropped. I would clean the hell outta them after every time I played and wouldn’t wear them in the neighborhood cause they’d get scuffed up. My parents refused to buy me anything over like 50 bucks so I think these retailed at 100 when they first came out, so I knew I wasn’t getting them from the parental haha. But like you, these kicks specifically started my addiction for sneakers. I remember the first pair i actually really wanted and my parents bought for me were a pair of sz 11.5 Ultraflights in 2004 when they were marked all the way down to like 70 bucks at Finishline. Those were the days - getting one pair meant so much haha and now I can have 4 come in the same week... wild how perspective changes with the times!

UnFazed UnFazed i remember having to mow like 15 lawns to be able to get a pair of these when they first dropped. I would clean the hell outta them after every time I played and wouldn’t wear them in the neighborhood cause they’d get scuffed up. My parents refused to buy me anything over like 50 bucks so I think these retailed at 100 when they first came out, so I knew I wasn’t getting them from the parental haha. But like you, these kicks specifically started my addiction for sneakers. I remember the first pair i actually really wanted and my parents bought for me were a pair of sz 11.5 Ultraflights in 2004 when they were marked all the way down to like 70 bucks at Finishline. Those were the days - getting one pair meant so much haha and now I can have 4 come in the same week... wild how perspective changes with the times!
Yup would be lucky to get 1 pair of 70 for the whole year. It's weird man. Not getting no shoes to bam... now you don't want whats sitting on the shelves. You only want releases. That's another thing. It's like they never have any heat on the shelves anymore. From 90s ball shoes to jordans. Now you got to wait till release day or go to re sell. Kind of takes the fun out of going to sneaker stores now. I just go to see just by chance there is something there I might want.

Yup would be lucky to get 1 pair of 70 for the whole year. It's weird man. Not getting no shoes to bam... now you don't want whats sitting on the shelves. You only want releases. That's another thing. It's like they never have any heat on the shelves anymore. From 90s ball shoes to jordans. Now you got to wait till release day or go to re sell. Kind of takes the fun out of going to sneaker stores now. I just go to see just by chance there is something there I might want.
This right here. Everything you said is so true. There is zero reason why I shouldn't be able to grab a pair of griffeys without paying 80 over retail. And to use this exact release as an example we shouldn't have to be up at 2 in the morning to lock down a pair of t-macs. Come on. I legit took off work to be ready for the all stars to drop just for adidas to drop the ball on the release. It's crazy. The worse case was waking up at 8 on a Saturday to be at the mall when they opened to get a pair of retro Jordans.

Yeah I remember back in like 2003 I saw the answer 5 all stars marked down to 40 bucks but my moms was like “you already got basketball shoes” smh I still think about that pair to this day :lol: . You’d never be able to do that nowadays... hell the retail by me has the worst selection so I haven’t gone to a physical store to cop in years.... sad indeed.

Back
Top Bottom