T-Mobile iPhone 5- NOW AVAILABLE

Are you getting the iPhone now that it's finally on T-Mobile??

• Yes finally!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm good.

• Let's see what the 5s brings...

• Total voters
But it says if you cancel the service, you can still pay the monthly amount for the PHONE.......and NOT pay for the service.....correct?

Why wouldnt anyone do that and just switch to straight talk?

for example.

Or am i misconstruing the rules i read previously?

so you're saying pay $20 to tmobile just for the phone then pay $45 for straight talk right?

I thought straight talk was no sim card?

either way the phone isn't unlocked for you to use with other carriers until you pay the phone off

Guys all service providers do the same thing. Give you discount on the phone but your monthly bill is high and thats why to make up for the phone..

so you're saying pay $20 to tmobile just for the phone then pay $45 for straight talk right?

I thought straight talk was no sim card?

either way the phone isn't unlocked for you to use with other carriers until you pay the phone off
Naaa....strait talk IS sim card only.....thats how you are able to use the tmobile and at&t phones on their service. just make sure its unlocked and pop in the sim card.

its called BLACKLISTING!

the phone is then worthless since it cant be used
But its only blacklisted if the phone is lost or stolen.......NOT if the contract just isnt completed.

THAT type of blacklisting is only completed on CDMA, not GSM.

GSM blacklists the phone

CDMA is bad esn which the only good thing is if you bought a Bad esn verizon iphone 5 you can still use it on ATT and Tmobile

i fa phone is vblacklisted it still have is worth because it can be flashed to work with the prepaid services like crickett and straight talk

i fa phone is vblacklisted it still have is worth because it can be flashed to work with the prepaid services like crickett and straight talk

yea flashed but the market is small

i wanted to buy a Bad esn verizon iphone 5 but they still go for $500 :lol:

SMH

Straight talk is still cheaper. My monthly cost is $42.50 plus tax. I got the iphone from then directly, so it runs off the Verizon towers. However, just no LTE. I don't really care about that since I have wifi avail everywhere.

Okay so what is it.... Because i keep hearing everyone say you need good credit to get the phone for 99$ but EVERY single store is pushing that price... Also will they have insurance on the phone? if so what stops someone from saying their phone was lost...... getting a replacement phone & selling it for pure profit

Okay so what is it.... Because i keep hearing everyone say you need good credit to get the phone for 99$ but EVERY single store is pushing that price... Also will they have insurance on the phone? if so what stops someone from saying their phone was lost...... getting a replacement phone & selling it for pure profit

regardless in the end everyone is paying the same price, its just with very good credit you only have to put down $99.

Has anyone gotten the phone for tmobile yet?? And would their be any network complications or bugs on the phone?

I grabbed one for my wife during the preorder last Friday.  Arrived today.  She hasn't had a chance to toy with it yet since she's been at work all day, but I don't see why there'd be any network complications.  

2 friends copped. They are happy.meanwhile I'm on verizon and pay double what they pay smh

Last edited:
2 friends copped. They are happy.meanwhile I'm on verizon and pay double what they pay smh

But Verizon has the best service hands down that's why you pay such a high premium.

My brother (18) said the same thing, yet his service here sucks. :lol: It all depends on your location really.

He thinks getting bent over monthly is honorable or something, as if his carrier gives two damns about him, word to Verizon getting rid of the 20-month upgrade. :lol:

Is the iPhone 16GB alone worth $580? I need a new phone, already under contract with T-Mobile.

depends if you want a new phone.

im considering it even though its a damn steep price for a phone. resell will be good once the 5S or 6 comes out since price wont really change much if at all at tmobile so you would keep most of its value IMO.

Is the tmobile iphone unlocked or does it only work on tmobile? I'm wondering why the Tmobile iphone is cheaper than apple's unlocked iphone

Last edited:
Is the tmobile iphone unlocked or does it only work on tmobile? I'm wondering why the Tmobile iphone is cheaper than apple's unlocked iphone
Locked to T-Mobile.  Once you've paid it off, it can be unlocked.  However, I think I read somewhere that you have to wait 2 months before it can be unlocked.  Sounds like Apple's way of foiling plans for folks thinking they can cop one for $580, walk away ETF-free and be unlocked.  

Locked to T-Mobile.  Once you've paid it off, it can be unlocked.  However, I think I read somewhere that you have to wait 2 months before it can be unlocked.  Sounds like Apple's way of foiling plans for folks thinking they can cop one for $580, walk away ETF-free and be unlocked.  

someone bought one right away cash and was told to wait 14 days after he faxed them a receipt and everything.

once he updates ill post in here.

i wouldnt cop the 5 right now unless you just hate android, I`d wait it out till the 5S drop, I hope Apple releases the Unlocked Tmobile 5s from the jump so I can cop it, or does anyone know if Tmobile lets you buy devices straight up like it was an accessory?

i wouldnt cop the 5 right now unless you just hate android, I`d wait it out till the 5S drop, I hope Apple releases the Unlocked Tmobile 5s from the jump so I can cop it, or does anyone know if Tmobile lets you buy devices straight up like it was an accessory?
It is April and the Iphone 5S likely wont drop until October which is 6 months away. The T-mobile Iphone 5 will still likely have good resale value since it can be unlocked by just paying it off.

Yea like i said, just because tmobile wont drop the price much if at all. Look at the total price of the 4 and 4S on tmobile so it will hold its value

Back
Top Bottom