[| -- T.O. JB I's Release 'Old Love/NewLove' (BMP) -- |]

I wasn't even talking about you Ali23, you just so happened to be the post previous to mine...

What I really meant was there's sooo much whining when it comes to the prices of EVERY release...so if people would just step they game up and save themselves some chips, then maybe the cry babies (that seem to be in abundance in the Canada Forum) can be considered knowledgeable collectors instead!?!
Troopers iz back wearin tha 45...

^ My sincere apologies. I am rarely on and post infrequently. I didn't realize there were so many complaints and tension in this board. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM!!! TEAM AM FAM #30

Just heard the most interesting thing; To buy OLNL from footlocker it must be done as a pre-order, apparently walking in on release date w/o a pre-order will leave you empty handed.

I heard someone tell me that they got a pre-order at FL Square One or that they were going to get one, but I didn't really know what they were talking about. Kind of makes sense now.
COMING SOON: B.L.A.C.K. Inc.​
FS: AJ III "DTRT", AJ OL/NL Pack & Spiz'ike "True Blue"​

Quote:
If you don't wanna shell out the dough then don't copp simple as that

It's not as simple as that. The fact is, we want to buy them, but Nike Canada makes it damn near impossible to.

We SHOULD complain about the fact that we are charged UNFAIR prices here in Canada... it's not right.

Jordans are already expensive as it is... but here in Canada, it's to an extreme.

Just an example... I saw the black/grey XXI's on sale last year in NYC for $80... $80!! The were $280 here!! That is a problem. That is unfair.

By charging outrageous prices here in Canada, all that does is force us to buy them in the U.S. and we end up supporting the U.S. economy instead of our own.

No one said this hobby was going to be cheap
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

I think part of what makes this addiction so gratifying is the fact that you have to hunt for the right price...Nobody wants to overpay for anything but the simple fact of saving dough on kicks you really want gives you a good feeling...but there are times when you have to shell out the big bucks for that exclusey...Im sure every sneakerhead can attest to paying more money than they wanted to for a kick they must have....

Quote:
I think part of what makes this addiction so gratifying is the fact that you have to hunt for the right price...Nobody wants to overpay for anything but the simple fact of saving dough on kicks you really want gives you a good feeling...but there are times when you have to shell out the big bucks for that exclusey...Im sure every sneakerhead can attest to paying more money than they wanted to for a kick they must have....

While I understand what you are saying, and I agree with you... it's not really the point.

The point is, it is unfair what retail is set at here in Canada. I would like to know how Nike Canada determines the prices for J's.

When I see that the BMP is going to retail at $370 here and it's only $200 in the U.S... something is very wrong.

23collector we can sit and cry over the price inequalities between US and Canada all day end day....Like why is gas over a dollar a litre and the US is approx. 2.75 a gallon = about 4 litres,,,, The simple fact remains is despite our thriving economy we only have about 30 million people to the US pop. of 300 million..more consumers = cheaper prices period...I completely disagree with the price difference but hey we buy them anyway.....Let's just be happy we are close enuff to access the American market and at least our min wage is not $5 an hour...

I retail is 340, not 370, why are dudes arguing including the tax?

Either way, 170 for each shoe is not bad at all. Who cares, if you're not happy don't cop and buy from the states or online.

There are more serious things in life to complain about then the retail price on shoes that are a luxury for most of us.
www.inqmnd.ca​

...TEAM RAPTORS !
CHEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

which champs and fl will be getting these? (EC, Yorkdale, STC, SQ1...any others?)

will aw get these? if so which one?

TIA

There are more important things in the world to complain about. Since it is you, it is OK to "complain" about others "complaining". How is this different? It is than... not then. I went to U of T as well. Undergrad I guess.

:rolleyes
eyes.gif
www.inqmnd.ca​

...TEAM RAPTORS !

Homie, you graduated from UofT and are doing your thing and all, but you're gonna let a general comment like this:

Quote:
lol, Hek is just making a general comment and it's something I agree with as well, it's your fault for taking offense to it.

Get you that mad?

You're calling me out, out of all the people who share and stated my opinion as well?

And you're gonna fall back this quickly at the person who aimed directly at you?

Quote:
^ My sincere apologies. I am rarely on and post infrequently. I didn't realize there were so many complaints and tension in this board. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
:rolleyes
eyes.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
www.inqmnd.ca​

...TEAM RAPTORS !

^ LOL... Stalking. I just notice your name because you are confrontational 90% of the time. I have posted 700 times in 4 years vs. 2400 in 1 year???

Quote:
I'm not even going to respond to your lil' immature comments anymore.

You just did... to show your maturity of course.

Quote:
I wasn't even talking about you Ali23, you just so happened to be the post previous to mine...

from jordan45mike contrary to

Quote:
And you're gonna fall back this quickly at the person who aimed directly at you?

Whatever champ. You just wanted to be confrontational. You have to realize that other people are entitled to an opinion without the need to attack. Even if they are not a friend of yours. Peace and study hard.

Quote:
what's the use of getting riled up over shoes?

Of course, everyone is entitled to their 2 cents... you are definitely entitled to your opinion... BUT... you do realize you are on NIKE Talk, don't you????

Maybe you misunderstood, bu this is exactly what we do here... we get riled up over shoes!!!

Having said that, everyone who is saying things like, "if you don't like it, don't cop, or cop in the U.S."... that is the typical Canadian attitude... lay down and take it.

We have almost 15% tax here... just lay down and take it.

We pay insane amounts for gas here... just lay down and take it.

And when they charge $240 instead of $150 for the Flips or $350 instead of $200 for the OL/NL pack here... well, just lay down and take that too.

That's an awful attitude.

If they tried to raise the tax to 15% or raised gas prices to about $6 a gallon (basically what we pay) in the U.S. there would be a revolution. Here... we have an, "oh well, what can you do?" attitude. That's awful! We should complain, we should revolt.

Obviously, shoes are not as important as taxes or gas prices, but, like I said, this is NIKE Talk... that is what we talk about here... shoes.

While there isn't much we can do about taxes or gas prices, NIke is a company... we CAN do something about the way they screw us on prices up here. If more and more people go buy them in the U.S. or don't buy them at all here in Canada... that will force them to re-think the way the price Jordans up here, because we won't be contributing to a Canadian company and ultimately to the Canadian economy. That is how you show them that you are not happy with the way things are.

The problem is people who have this "oh well, we're lucky to have them at all" attitude. I have to say, most Canadians have that attitude, and that's why companies and the government take advantage of us the way they do... because they can.

So, I'll will continue to head down to the U.S. and not pay crazy Canadian prices, not pay crazy Canadian tax and not contribute to my own country's economy. That's how I chose to show my disproval. What are you going to do? Oh ya... lay down and take it.

It's been beaten down to death, this argument.

The whole tax/gas/standard of living thing is a totally new argument with alot of more complex factors so let's not even speak on that.

In terms of shoes...what more can you do? Not buying them here, complaining, e-mails, petitions, they all have not worked in terms of getting Nike to change or Canada to change the way it allows these retail prices to stay or go up.

What alot of us are suggesting, not buying them in Canada, may actually work.

If you don't buy them here, they won't sell, and they'll be forced to do something about it in terms of prices, coupled with the e-mails, rants, complaints and petitions.

But that doesn't work, because you have people buying them anyways and they sell out regardless, so that counteracts that whole "not buying them or buy them in the US" movement.

It's not like we're saying lay down and take it, we're saying find other ways that will save yourself some money, if Nike and Canada won't do anything about it.
www.inqmnd.ca​

...TEAM RAPTORS !

Back
Top Bottom