Taobao Retro 1's vs Retail Retro 1's

Decided to make this educational thread seeing how I've noticed so many threads/conversations on Jordan's from Taobao.

A buddy of mine decided to Order Royal 1's from Taobao and when they arrived he was shocked to see all the differences we found when compared to a retail pair.

I understand they are not being compared to another pair of Royal 1's but its the same model shoe. The differences are still by the dozen.

Point I am trying to make across to other members is to stay away from Taobao / GM shoes, they are not legit. Many argue the materials are the same but that is bull. Taobao shoes do not come with the same materials, these are just the highest quality fake available.

Pics:

[h1] Retail box is on the right. BOTH ARE SIZE 10 US. The Taobao pair did not even fit inside the box! [/h1]

[h1] Taobao. [/h1]

[h1] Retail. [/h1]

[h1] Leather on the Shadows is much more dry/flat & a much higher quality. The leather on the Royals was very shiny and plastic looking. [/h1]

[h1]This picture speaks for itself, just look at the tags. Also not sure if the material on the tongue changes from Shadows to Royals but it is also different. [/h1]

[h1]Extra lace bag was x2 bigger than the retail pair. [/h1]

[h1]Mold of the soles is all wrong. Compare all the lines.[/h1]

Well those were just some of the many flaws/differences we can find. Another main thing to look for when looking for legit pairs is peaks. I dont have any pictures to show you guys from the Royals had peaks in the leather all over the shoe.

In conclusion guys stay away from all Taobao / GM shoes. They are NOT legit nor come made with the same materials. Some look very close to retail pairs but once you compare them in hand to actual retail shoes, the difference will always be night & day.

Safe buying! Hope this helps someone out.​

you know taobo is just a chinese ebay right?

might as well say stay away from ebay too with that logic.

another flaw in your synopsis is da fact that people confuse grey market jordan (which are basically identical) to da varying degrees of replicas

that they got out right now (super perfects, AAA+ 1:1, etc)

you know taobo is just a chinese ebay right?

might as well say stay away from ebay too with that logic.

another flaw in your synopsis is da fact that people confuse grey market jordan (which are basically identical) to da varying degrees of replicas

that they got out right now (super perfects, AAA+ 1:1, etc)

You are right, it is the Chinese eBay, you can find authentic and fake products.

However a lot of people are mistaken/fooled and think all the shoes that come from Taobao are real when they aren't. Those shoes that come from kinstor/rstor are NOT authentic whatsoever. You can make the argument all you want but when you have them on hand and compare them point by point to a retail pair all the differences and flaws are there. They may look great in photos, but they are never up to par when compared in person. My friend orders from Taobao frequently and I have yet to find a pair that is identical to a retail pair.

The few actual authentic shoes I have seen on Taobao cost THOUSANDS of Yuans. Usually they are a ridiculous price.

The point that I am trying to make is not to expect to receive authentic shoes buying from these known sellers on Taobao, none of those shoes are authentic.

Call them want: GM, Super Perfect, AAA, 1:1... They are fake.

Once again you missed my point..

Grey markets are NOT da same as da varying

Degrees of replica jordans out now.....

Any of these sites you can google clearly shows da

Difference. Plus da notion that all retail pairs are all

Identical is false...

more like BM

Bootleg Market

Retail for Jordans in China is way higher than US Retail.... thats why resell price for authentics there are also really high, also high demand/low supply... heads in China often orders from the US or other countries for legit pairs.

Royals were very limited in China, you can check local chinese forums, many of them had to get their Royal 1s from Australia/NZ/EU (on some you can tell just by the footlocker tag)

so if 'sneakerheads' in china had to or are ordering their shoes from sellers in other countries, why the hell would you order your shoes from a seller in china?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom