Taxi 12's - December '13

The past two December releases besides the XI

Guess you mean the Last Shots then.

Those were still during the days of midnight releases, I grabbed mine with no problem from Eastbay...think stores had them in stock through the end of the year...you have to remember that a LOT of the kids in the game now didn't get involved until the Concords dropped the week after the Last Shots.

Last edited:
There needs to be a thread dedicated to this alone...

I got accused of rocking fakes cuz my Altitudes were leather instead of mesh on the side.

I got accused of rocking fakes cuz there's "no such thing as flint IX's".

I got accused of rocking fakes cuz apparently, there's no such thing as redwood XIV's.

#amateurs
Just a sidebar....I love the redwoods. Just a really simple, clean pair of 14's.

Guess you mean the Last Shots then.

Those were still during the days of midnight releases, I grabbed mine with no problem from Eastbay...think stores had them in stock through the end of the year...you have to remember that a LOT of the kids in the game now didn't get involved until the Concords dropped the week after the Last Shots.
And yes...the Last Shots sat until the Concords dropped. Then they disappeared, I'm assuming for those that took them as a consolation when they lost out on the Concords.

If the numbers on these are low like the "Steel 10s" then we're in trouble. My major footlocker only had 30 pairs of steel 10s, and it was chaotic. but since it's close to Christmas I know JB is smart enough to make bigger quantities of these, right. :smile:

If the numbers on these are low like the "Steel 10s" then we're in trouble. My major footlocker only had 30 pairs of steel 10s, and it was chaotic. but since it's close to Christmas I know JB is smart enough to make bigger quantities of these, right. :smile:

The Steel 10s were low in certain areas. Your major Footlocker had 30 pairs while my major Footlockers/HoH/FootAction/Champs had 125-210 pairs each. I wouldn't use that release as an example lol

In the business world the first quarter starts after Black Friday. That's what that day is about, trying to reach positive sale numbers, in the black, winning, etc.

Nah bro.

Most companies need the Christmas season (aka Q4) to have a successful fiscal year.

The company I work for makes 40% of their annual operating income in the fourth quarter. I'm sure a good majority of companies are in the same proverbial boat.

Nah bro.

Most companies need the Christmas season (aka Q4) to have a successful fiscal year.

The company I work for makes 40% of their annual operating income in the fourth quarter. I'm sure a good majority of companies are in the same proverbial boat.

This...

4th Quarter is all about boosting your annuals..."Black Friday" is simply so that corporations can do just that and try to boost their yearly totals by kick starting the holiday shopping season in a big way...One last cash grab before they close their books for the year if you will...Q1 starts January 1st...

So because Apple is on a different quarterly schedule than most other companies, you assume that you're correct?

lulz

I think we can both agree that Apple oughtn't be categorized with "most companies".

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm gonna quit arguing cause I'm not tryin to derail the thread. I think it's safe to say all companies are different.

All of you guys are wrong about Nike's quarterly schedule for their fiscal year

Nike Quarter 1= June, july , august

Q2= september, october november

Q3 = December, January, February

Q4= March, April, May

Or atleast that's what their own  website says unless I'm mistaken: 

http://nikeinc.com/earnings

Saw these in person, the tumbled leather is similar to the XIII's but more plush. Didn't try em on yet. But they look phenomenal.

Finishline is another company on that list of other mentioned, which is where I will be purchasing the taxis. Quality is decent like the steel 10s for comparison. Happy to get one pair on lock with a WC reward card!

I was always taught that the fourth quarter was the end of the year. I'm not going to jump into the conversation about which company is doing it different because if they have stockholders that may be a reason thru want their numbers to show up differently. But, in general, January, February, March = Q1. April, May, June = Q2. July, August, September = Q3. October, November, December = Q4. I know for a fact the most of the business, music, and movie indudtry consider from October until December the fourth quarter. When an artist says they are going to put out a cd for Q4, they typically don't mean the summer. But I'm not a business major, maybe companies with stockholders changed their quarterly setup to put out better numbers for their stockholders?

Back
Top Bottom