TAY: thread about yambs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last thing I gotta ask you guys since I refrained from sex with some girl

Do you guys really believe I can get back with my ex?

Only things that give me hope is she says she still loves me, stil has my sweater, and has me under "[name] baby" in her contacts

Idk I'm losing hope and thinking I should move on

Last thing I gotta ask you guys since I refrained from sex with some girl

Do you guys really believe I can get back with my ex?

Only things that give me hope is she says she still loves me, stil has my sweater, and has me under "[name] baby" in her contacts

Idk I'm losing hope and thinking I should move on

Depends on the reason you broke up. If you guys had an argument and broke up then I would say you can get back together. If someone made a mistake/cheated, then no. Also, if she said that she wanted to "take a break" then that means she just wanted some other dude to smash her, in which case I would say move on.

Last edited:
Dude smh! What school? Im born and raised in CHI so I can try to give you some suggestions....

But seriously though you need to contact that chick, noone is going to send a joking text if they dont want convo, if she was just giving you her number she wouldve sent "Heres my number, -Yamb" or something lol
I Go to UIC. The only reason I was taking my time was because I wanted to build my roster up with 3 or 4 more girls before I started to focus on one.
I cant believe you really don't know what to do...
mean.gif
The thing is Ive NEVER been on a date before. So, I really have no clue about what to do or how to ask her to go on date.
Zakarot, you already sound like a bad date. Listen to the advice or prepare to chalk this one up in the loss column. At least it will be a learning experience for you

Somebody help me interpret this situation:

Knew a girl from undergrad who is Russian/Israeli Jewish

We've been hanging out off/on for 2 years

We'd do "dates" like go out and have dinner (only like 2x) because grim don't **** where he sleeps....nothing happened past eye locks, minor flirting, hugs and kisses on the cheek hello & goodbye

I ask her the last time what kind of man she's looking for and she tells me she needs a russian jewish guy because of her parents

She kinda intrigued in me becuase I don't eat seafood which Jewish people don't eat as well (weird as fugg)

She calls me baby on the phone

I tell her lets get dinner before I head back to grad school and she says lets do lunch instead.

NOW is it just me or are day dates just friendzone type stuff? Like the girl is my type and i've told her where I stand in regards to how I feel about her but it like.....bleeehhhhhh. I just wanna bang her jewish brains out but I could use her later down in my career.

I thought so. I took a preemptive strike and cancelled the lunch a bit ago. always sad to see potentials turn out to be duds. On to the next one.

Grim. Head for the hills. Good move on canceling lunch. Yambs dangled in your face but non cooperative when time to smang must be cut loose

Dnt ruin your friendship because you wanna smash though..just keep working on yourself n doing your thing bra..

Zakarot, you already sound like a bad date. Listen to the advice or prepare to chalk this one up in the loss column. At least it will be a learning experience for you

We had to a good time when we went with Target and I waited with her for the bus. Thats why I gave her my number because we had a chill time and she seemed really genuine, so i was like why not give her a line of contact. Give date suggestions bro.

Like I said, day activities are always good. It should be a "get to know you" kind of thing and nothing too intimate and romantic. Here's an example of the kind of first dates I've taken girls on: free museum plus walk along the beach, gourmet food truck festival and coffee after, coffee and walk around downtown. It's really not that hard, just keep it simple and inexpensive. There's a few good ideas in this article:

http://www.askmen.com/top_10/dating/top-10-first-date-ideas.html

We'd do "dates" like go out and have dinner (only like 2x) because grim don't **** where he sleeps....nothing happened past eye locks, minor flirting, hugs and kisses on the cheek hello & goodbye

I ask her the last time what kind of man she's looking for and she tells me she needs a russian jewish guy because of her parents

She kinda intrigued in me becuase I don't eat seafood which Jewish people don't eat as well (weird as fugg)

I tell her lets get dinner before I head back to grad school and she says lets do lunch instead.

NOW is it just me or are day dates just friendzone type stuff? Like the girl is my type and i've told her where I stand in regards to how I feel about her but it like.....bleeehhhhhh. I just wanna bang her jewish brains out but I could use her later down in my career.
It's somewhat difficult to interpret as most woman are mysterious. IMO, there had to be some type of attraction based on the comfort level. Perhaps she got too comfortable to the point where friendship would be the safest route to keep things the way they are.

Sounds like she is emotionally using you while getting the D from someone else and waiting for husband to pop into her life.

I've been out of this thread in 2013 because I've been swamped with work but I finally caught up on every page and got some commentary

LOL "at nobody is smashing but you." You guys are FWB , she wants more, you dont. This whole situation is spiraling downward.

Once anyone catches feelings in a FWB situation, dead it right there. In your situation she'll find some other dude that doesnt mind cuffing her. At this point she wants to be cuffed.

Edit - As men we want everything, but if a girl agrees to smash NO ONE but you while you go around smashing everything that moves, she's a keeper.

I had a chick who was definitively not smashing anyone but me and seemed to be ok with the fact that I was hooking up with other girls. She still wants to be with me but I can't put that on my conscious. Feels batman.

You know you're in college right? she threw p at you.
it will still be there when im ready right? right???????

No. Steve from the football team will have already run all through that by the time you get it together. Sorry brah.

Zakarot, you already sound like a bad date. Listen to the advice or prepare to chalk this one up in the loss column. At least it will be a learning experience for you.

:rofl: :rofl:

We'd do "dates" like go out and have dinner (only like 2x) because grim don't **** where he sleeps....nothing happened past eye locks, minor flirting, hugs and kisses on the cheek hello
Sounds like she is emotionally using you while getting the D from someone else and waiting for husband to pop into her life.

I'm sorry, Grim's my *****, I'm mad it had to be him. But yeah famb, unless you can confirm otherwise I think there's a dude laying the pipe on the side.

So.. what have yall done after cracking and going through your main's phone and finding **** you don't like?

I know that's weak of me to do... but she violated my trust the other day so I was losing my mind :smh:

I'll keep it short, we took a trip out of town and when she went to shower one night, I went thru it and there were some texts of her like rescheduling lunch/dinner stuff with a guy, but the thing is it looks like she stood him up nicely, hopefully to let him off easy and not out of actually wanting to see him in the near future behind my back

We had talked recently about being exclusive and she's like "I thought we were" yada yada, this happened after some dude tried to kiss her at the club when I was with my friends and she was scared of me and scared to talk to me. My boy saw it and told me after dude left so I wouldn't whoop his ***. Yes I know it's not his fault if he didn't know about me but I actually don't care. I was mad at her for not standing up for herself and constantly being too friendly to stranger women and men in social settings, instead of keeping it cool and letting it known that she's not interested

It straight up hurt that she was scared of me :smh: .. Maybe yall can relate, but I've developed a soft spot for her. I'm not a simp, I lead and make the decisions and show my strength while letting her see my affection as well. But we've developed a pretty good friendship, so for her to still be scared of my a-hole exterior kinda burns...

I say that because I know girls can't view men as people sometimes, they can only view us for what we offer. And since relationships are mainly about the girl, it's no surprise for me to see a girl know me much less than I know her.

So...what do yall do? I wanna keep her and get past this. I talked to her last night somewhat and told her "I'm not gonna share you. I won't put it any other way, you aren't that low of a person for me to see do that" and used that good ol' guilt...but what now?

Last edited:
got rejected weeks back after going out with this one chick my cousin said was into me. after a few weeks of talking, she just straight deaded me, leaving me wondering why. no phone calls no texts no nothing. i've NEVER had that happen before.

its been weeeeeks, and it still bugs me randomly time to time. and i dont eem know why. |I

Stop letting the good impression she left blind you. She's clearly a self-centered, crappy, insensitive, entitled woman.

Nothing else.

This isn't normal behavior. She's not good for you.

She isn't unique and you had nothing established with her.

SHE'S NOT SPECIAL

UNICORNS ARE NOT REAL

My boy just hit me up with a "i just sealed the deal" text. As in he just smashed out this married chick.

I think its messed up. Chick is married with a kid. Chick has no morals. Smh.

:smh::rolleyes

So.. what have yall done after cracking and going through your main's phone and finding **** you don't like?

I know that's weak of me to do... but she violated my trust the other day so I was losing my mind :smh:

I'll keep it short, we took a trip out of town and when she went to shower one night, I went thru it and there were some texts of her like rescheduling lunch/dinner stuff with a guy, but the thing is it looks like she stood him up nicely, hopefully to let him off easy and not out of actually wanting to see him in the near future behind my back

We had talked recently about being exclusive and she's like "I thought we were" yada yada, this happened after some dude tried to kiss her at the club when I was with my friends and she was scared of me and scared to talk to me. My boy saw it and told me after dude left so I wouldn't whoop his ***. Yes I know it's not his fault if he didn't know about me but I actually don't care. I was mad at her for not standing up for herself and constantly being too friendly to stranger women and men in social settings, instead of keeping it cool and letting it known that she's not interested

It straight up hurt that she was scared of me :smh: .. Maybe yall can relate, but I've developed a soft spot for her. I'm not a simp, I lead and make the decisions and show my strength while letting her see my affection as well. But we've developed a pretty good friendship, so for her to still be scared of my a-hole exterior kinda burns...

I say that because I know girls can't view men as people sometimes, they can only view us for what we offer. And since relationships are mainly about the girl, it's no surprise for me to see a girl know me much less than I know her.

So...what do yall do? I wanna keep her and get past this. I talked to her last night somewhat and told her "I'm not gonna share you. I won't put it any other way, you aren't that low of a person for me to see do that" and used that good ol' guilt...but what now?

So you're about to whoop another dude's *** for making a move on your girl when he had 0 idea about you. Then you ask yourself why she's afraid of you smh. And you dont want her to be social in a social setting? Seems like there is 0 trust here, this whole situation is just ****** up playa.

Last edited:
So you're about to whoop another dude's *** for making a move on your girl when he had 0 idea about you. Then you ask yourself why she's afraid of you smh. And you dont want her to be social in a social setting? Seems like there is 0 trust here, this whole situation is just ****** up playa.
It's one thing to make a move and it's another to KISS a girl who wasn't giving off those signals. I get it, we're guys and we take those risks all the time when dealing with girls, but to force yourself on her is invading her space unless she consents...and she didn't consent to it. Had I seen it, I would've told him to leave [it was at a bar I do monthly work at] and it probably could've escalated really quickly since he was piss drunk. I won't immediately jump on anybody for something like that, but that's a probable fight given the alcohol and ego implications. Like Ninjahood's wash heights video.

What I mean is she's too trusting of people she meets in social settings, mainly because it's never backfired on her, but I'm worried it could one day. I say this because a girl I was with before her was like that and got roofied :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: Or also strangers reacting negatively to her being a nice girl and girls being b's to her, which I wouldn't want to mess her mood up. That actually kinda happened already but I handled it right then and there and told some jokes to diffuse it, worked well and she forgot about the other girl being mean. I hate mean girls. I feel this way about that kind of stuff because there's plenty fraud people out there, men or women, and I know I can't just tell her to close her mouth in public, so instead I figured I could be around friends I trust when we're out, and it's worked

Yeah ya'll should talk and stop playing. **** or get off the pot.

What did she say?
She's a shy girl and I tried my best not to make it confrontational without turning into Drake...so she was like "I know and I feel the same way, you know how I'd feel if other girls were with you blah blah".... I later confessed to a girl sleeping over my house (one of my photo clients who's not from here and needed a place to crash) and was honest about me and her not smashing, which I indeed didn't do. I guess that kind of reminded her how easy I can cross-yambify and get other girls, somehow. She reacted like it, but was understanding and accepted it. So yea, she was on the same page about that... I told her I behave well when she's not around and am open to others about me being with somebody, so she needs to portray the same limits to other people before they think they can mack. I basically want her to stand taller and be quicker to turn guys down, but in a nice way. I hate mean girls

My boy just hit me up with a "i just sealed the deal" text. As in he just smashed out this married chick.

I think its messed up. Chick is married with a kid. Chick has no morals. Smh.

:smh::rolleyes
You gotta tell your boy to do better.

That's insanely shallow of him. What does it say about him as a man?

Those yambs are no more special than any other broad, as bad as she may be....he needs to restrain himself from that kind of BS man, that's not good for anybody. Talk to him

We'd do "dates" like go out and have dinner (only like 2x) because grim don't **** where he sleeps....nothing happened past eye locks, minor flirting, hugs and kisses on the cheek hello

Boom!

something I didn't want to acknowledge but it's the truth. I'm off that. Don't get me wrong she's an alright girl, but since I will eventually run back into this girl down the road because we share mutual friend, as a collegue/resource and because I may bump into her at a convention I'm gonna keep it as an acquaintance.

But this day date **** really had me pissed not gonna lie. :lol: Like it's 2013....I know wtf a day date means...sorta. *****wtbs.

One of my grad professors laid this line on me last semester:

"I'm always trying to kill two birds with same stone. Problem is, my whole life is filled with birds"

:lol:

Boom!

something I didn't want to acknowledge but it's the truth. I'm off that. Don't get me wrong she's an alright girl, but since I will eventually run back into this girl down the road because we share mutual friend, as a collegue/resource and because I may bump into her at a convention I'm gonna keep it as an acquaintance.

But this day date **** really had me pissed not gonna lie. :lol: Like it's 2013....I know wtf a day date means...sorta. *****wtbs.

One of my grad professors laid this line on me last semester:

"I'm always trying to kill two birds with same stone. Problem is, my whole life is filled with birds"

:lol:

Yeah, if you suggested dinner and she said "lunch" then she is trying to avoid a romantic setting. F her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom