TAY: thread about yambs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read numerous times specifically from Joepac that texting should only be used to set up dates.
I've been using that strategy since the summer.

Idk man, it's 2014 majority of girls ain't talking on the phone b, it's kinda late for that. Text game is an art, I've had enough women that I've never talked on the phone with.

If shorty giving you those two word answers or whatever but actually seems interested, she' probably just don't have a lot going on upstairs.

Last edited:
Its just sad that chicks would rather text then talk on the phone had to explain to a chick today about always texting me. She going to say you dont like texting?
Like @awwsome said its 2014 even some of the older chicks are trying to get their text game on point.

Text game is good as a supplement. Mainly use it to set up chill times

I'm not a phone person by any stretch but I've never had bad luck when picking up the phone

Even though texting is becoming the normal thing to do, I think actually picking up the phone and actually calling a girl sets you apart from the other wolves of the world. The actual art of holding a conversation and being witty with your "mouthpiece" increase not only your confidence in what to say and not to say when approaching but also helps with conversations when you actually "chill" in person. It's alot of competition in the world and you always have to think of new ways to make yourself stand out, also actually talking to a lady on the phone gives you the aura of a "gentleman", even I tell wifey stop with the wall of text and just call me. Plus with new technology(FaceTime or Skype) as shown by EWD can increase the freaky preludes to actually smashing. As youngdoc said if you mix in texting and actually convo, that's when you know you are BOSSIN...
Got stay multi dimensional my brethren

^ Cosign...Speaking on the phone, they can get sense of what you really mean when you say something. To truly get a grasp of your personality, you have to factor tonality into the equation, text doesn't really allow you to do that.

Last edited:
How do y'all deal with shy girls? Met this girl who is kinda young (19) who is pretty cool but she is killin me with this 2 word text messages. She's consistently hittin me up so I know she's feeling me but she's just so goddamn boring smh.
would also like to know :nerd:

i just try to avoid yes/no questions
hit her up to chill in person. I like girls who have good texting game and constantly text me :smokin

How do y'all deal with shy girls? Met this girl who is kinda young (19) who is pretty cool but she is killin me with this 2 word text messages. She's consistently hittin me up so I know she's feeling me but she's just so goddamn boring smh.

Meet her, in person convos are better and it gives you a chance to get that physical bond started with touching and kissing. The sooner the better though, knowing women she'll eventually spin it that you're the boring one.

NYE was dope--- NY morning even doper :pimp:

It was nice seeing my man dressed up :tongue: He was the ONLY white dude in the spot , but my ppl are cool so they showed him love and er'thing. Only he and my other two friends were dressed up tho :smh: Why do ****** think cocktail attired is a fancy graphic tee and boots!? Anyways, we smoke a lil' bit, drank a lil' bit, ate a lil' bit --man what more can you ask for? Drank champagne out of a mason jar so I know this year will be full of wins for me.

and yea I remember we addressed phone vs. text a LOOOOOONG time ago in this thread. Damn, it's funny to see **** come back full circle. Some of us been in here since like Day 1 :nerd:

Planning on hitting up the gym today, :smh: already know this ***** finna be PACKED to no end!!!! >:

Last edited:
only voicemails needed are in regards to serious matters--- money and serious injuries

if she ain't pick up, I mean it's 2014 we ALL got caller ID. Ppl know you called, they'll get back to you (if we want to) If you feel the need to leave anything, hit 'em with a call and a text. The text should NOT say "I called you". I played a dude something serious one time he did that **** to me---duh *****, I know you called :stoneface:

However, a voicemail is not a DEALBREAKER... it's sweet and endearing, but the girl ain't gon' think too much of it if you don't leave one either. You know?

Last edited:
Voicemails are one those things you just don't do till wifey when ya'll got real **** to discuss or ya'll comfy enough to leave a message just to say hi.

Only ppl i know that leave voicemails are some parents and jobs :lol: ...if you gotta leave one or a chick leaves a voicemail for you then it better be some serious ****

Damn I didn't know your dude was white, now I have a whole different outlook on that topic when you were trying to change him :lol:

Great story EWD. Why didn't you think it was going down with shorty when you pulled the tiggles out? In my experience as soon as the bra comes off it's a wrap, I know I'm smashing. Only once was this not the case and needless to say I was done with shorty after that.

[COLOR=#red]My dude only because last time she was over she was using the guard hand judiciously :lol:. Guess sh eknew in her mind the whole time she was gonna let me slide in.

E, Vegas sounds great...sure it's close to you but I think it's appropriate for a summit. We should look towards the summer or Spring Break.

I agree wholeheartedly with Mugen...the best approach is a hybrid of text and voice as far as getting in with these females. Even a female that texts primarily will appreciate your voice from time to time...makes it a little more personal.

Soome good advice going froward my dudes...advice I live by myself...Don't sweat when things go sour with you and a chick...let her go and find the next...OR figure out what you could do better the next time then find you a new one...s**t happens.

[/COLOR]

I left a voicemail because I wanted to reschedule a date recently I just told her to call me back she called about 15 minutes later and I told her I wasn't going to make it

[COLOR=#red]Also don''t be afraid to make it be known that you are not going to accept being in the friend zone. Here's a text that I sent a few days ago to this one chick...now she's actually pursuing me again. Women appreciate when you take charge...even Gator will agree with that lol.

Anyway I'll transcribe the text: "Imma put this out there so that no time is wasted. I'm trying to spend some time and get to know you because I should...I hhave a feeling you are worth it. At the same time time if we gonna do this we gonna do this, if not then not. I can handle it either way. I'm a man of action, I don't do halfway, and I don't do friendzone. Let me know what's up gorgeous. Happy New Year. One.
[/COLOR]

I prefer phone calls, but that's only because of my voice.

So if a girl doesn't pick up the phone for whatever reason, do y'all leave a voicemail?
nope. Also don't send a text afterwards, she got the missed call notification on her phone.

So if a girl doesn't pick up the phone for whatever reason, do y'all leave a voicemail?
It depends what type of level/relationship you two have. Personally I leave voicemails(even with wifey). In the early stage of courting if you know you are feeling her and vice versa there is nothing wrong with leaving a little sweet talk or even after the first date(now only if it was REALLY,REALLY successful) do you say something like "I had a good time and hope to do it again", something along those lines. I feel leaving a voicemail can gain you ALOT of room to work with especially-no humble brag-but I have always been a witty mofo and have come up with voicemails that literally had girls calling back within 5 minutes( even some I leave for wifey have her calling back with "just be naked when I get home" lol...
Now if its just a casual encounter or FWB situation, no need to unless its a change of plans or emergency... All of this is to say, you have to stand out and being a little more personable( this is one of my NYE Resolutions), can walk the fine line of actually finding a good woman to having continuous smash sessions or be known as the creepy stalker,lol

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Also don''t be afraid to make it be known that you are not going to accept being in the friend zone. Here's a text that I sent a few days ago to this one chick...now she's actually pursuing me again. Women appreciate when you take charge...even Gator will agree with that lol.

Anyway I'll transcribe the text: "Imma put this out there so that no time is wasted. I'm trying to spend some time and get to know you because I should...I hhave a feeling you are worth it. At the same time time if we gonna do this we gonna do this, if not then not. I can handle it either way. I'm a man of action, I don't do halfway, and I don't do friendzone. Let me know what's up gorgeous. Happy New Year. One.
[/COLOR]

Bruh I wish I had this a few months back. This one chick I was feeling extra hard needed to hear that **** from me but I didn't know how to say it.

[COLOR=#red]Trader Joe's, Trader Joe's Trader mother effing Joe's. That's the spot my dudes!!! Shop there and eventually you'll pull one of those fine healthy eating Yambs that populate those stores nationwide.

I'll spare y'all the details of the story unless y'all want me to elaborate, but long story short, went to Trader Joe's today...saw this absolute stunna in the store as I was leaving with my groceries to my car...told myself a real man would go back and holla so I did...showed her how to choose a good green pepper...walked and talked with her...she asked me for my number so she could put it in her phone and she texted me instantly with her name and info...said we need to get up.

There's a lot more detail to this incident and maybe something that could be useful but I'm sparing you guys another long write up. I will however show you who she is...absolutely stunning!!

Man I love Dallas!!
[/COLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom