TDE! Limitless like we on NZT! *Official TDE Thread*

^Very true. All of them are very talented and deserve shine. It's just that Jay Rock is the only "traditional" rapper out of the crew, which is why people tend to slack on him.

Disagreed. They all have three albums under their belt, with the exception being Rock (who recorded 60 tracks for this new albums). Rock and Q got slammed with sample clearances as well.

The truth of the matter is that they are all talented. They're more Wu-tang than rockafella, and while Kdot is the unquestionable pulse of the group, they're doing them a disservice by only making a spectacle over Kendrick.
Co-sign

I know you are just speaking from the outside looking in. But, you couldn't be more wrong. Kendrick's work ethic>> Q's>>>>> the rest of tde. Rock and Zay don't get the promo because of their own laziness.
Not really but we'll just agree to disagree.  Most of you guys only got into TDE when OD or Section 80 came out so I can see how that might be your assumption but they all put in hard work to get where they're at.  Especially Rock putting TDE on the map.  Most don't know about Watts Finest or that Q was part of Tyga's crew before he blew up with his current style.  

^Very true. All of them are very talented and deserve shine. It's just that Jay Rock is the only "traditional" rapper out of the crew, which is why people tend to slack on him.
Yep.  Rock and Ab-Soul did not switch their styles up to gain a bigger audience.  They stayed true to their form.

Not really but we'll just agree to disagree.  Most of you guys only got into TDE when OD or Section 80 came out so I can see how that might be your assumption but they all put in hard work to get where they're at.  Especially Rock putting TDE on the map.  Most don't know about Watts Finest or that Q was part of Tyga's crew before he blew up with his current style.  

Bro... I know them... Also, I never said they didn't all put in hard work. But some members got comfortable.

Only reason I responded is because I wanted to clear up the perspective that TDE don't promote Rock. Or only puts their attention to Kendrick and Q. That's not true.

Last edited:
^I think the points you have made are logical. I think way too often in hip-hop people expect everyone on a label to shine and get equal promotion. Those expectations are just simply unrealistic.

There is a reason Kendrick has gotten the promo he has received. He is a true artists who has worked at his craft and developed a strong and loyal fanbase. I love everyone in TDE and their various styles but the rest are not Kendrick; dude is simply on another level and deserves the promo he receives.

^I think the points you have made are logical. I think way too often in hip-hop people expect everyone on a label to shine and get equal promotion. Those expectations are just simply unrealistic.

There is a reason Kendrick has gotten the promo he has received. He is a true artists who has worked at his craft and developed a strong and loyal fanbase. I love everyone in TDE and their various styles but the rest are not Kendrick; dude is simply on another level and deserves the promo he receives.

EXACTLY

Rock isn't gonna do more than 50K first week. Him and Ab-Soul just don't have the appeal Q and Kendrick do. Simple as that. With or without a major behind them.

Ab-soul is smart, he hasn't signed the joint with interscope. Getting his chips from the independent money.

Rock isn't gonna do more than 50K first week. Him and Ab-Soul just don't have the appeal Q and Kendrick do. Simple as that. With or without a major behind them.
I wouldn't just place it on appeal alone. Units being moved has been a direct reflection of "Marketing & Promotion" for decades now. If a headliner (not Kendrick) who was a household name was co-signing either Ab-Soul or Rock, their sales would be a lot higher. TDE also doesn't posses the resources to push these two artist like the bigger labels.

I wouldn't just place it on appeal alone. Units being moved has been a direct reflection of "Marketing & Promotion" for decades now. If a headliner (not Kendrick) who was a household name was co-signing either Ab-Soul or Rock, their sales would be a lot higher. TDE also doesn't posses the resources to push these two artist like the bigger labels.

I definitely agree with that

Yeah they need to do an official album asap. I'm very excited for this Jay Rock project its gotta drop already. I've only listened to money trees deuce so far.

9/11/15 :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom