Teachers Not Even Teaching Anymore UNappreciation Vol. Binder Checks?!?

Originally Posted by sonunox34

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Wat
alien.gif

I've learned more in 1 class this semester than I have in every other class in 2 and a 1/2 years of college..

. A really good teacher will change your life.

QFT shout out to Dr. Henderson
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

I've learned more in 1 class this semester than I have in every other class in 2 and a 1/2 years of college.. You really don't learn or retain information in any level of school unless you do it over and over again so you can't forget it.. I probably remember only 10% of what I have been taught in college, thank god I have the desire to intellectually stimulate my mind outside of school on different topics.

That's exactly where I'm coming from. All these pointless assignments don't really help us remember anything. And we are pretty much justremembering til Jan until mid-terms, after that you can forget everything.

I also like to enrich myself outside of school. Hell in history i teach more than my teacher does. For example, we are covering WWI right not but we reallydon't know anything about it, we skipped over the actual tactics of war, and the battles and talked about the politics which we also skimmed over. I justfeel like we are wayyy to limited in school to actually learn anything useful later on.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Wat
alien.gif

I've learned more in 1 class this semester than I have in every other class in 2 and a 1/2 years of college..

pimp.gif

I agree wholeheartedly, only problem is that they only come out once a blue moon.

Originally Posted by TheRoyalAirness27

Wat
alien.gif

pimp.gif

I agree wholeheartedly, only problem is that they only come out once a blue moon.

sad to say... This.

Originally Posted by proper english

Wat
alien.gif

pimp.gif

sad to say... This.

Let's put it this way, my last great teacher was in 8th grade
smh.gif

200th post
pimp.gif

I've learned more in 1 class this semester than I have in every other class in 2 and a 1/2 years of college.. You really don't learn or retain information in any level of school unless you do it over and over again so you can't forget it.. I probably remember only 10% of what I have been taught in college, thank god I have the desire to intellectually stimulate my mind outside of school on different topics.

That's exactly where I'm coming from. All these pointless assignments don't really help us remember anything. And we are pretty much just remembering til Jan until mid-terms, after that you can forget everything.

I also like to enrich myself outside of school. Hell in history i teach more than my teacher does. For example, we are covering WWI right not but we really don't know anything about it, we skipped over the actual tactics of war, and the battles and talked about the politics which we also skimmed over. I just feel like we are wayyy to limited in school to actually learn anything useful later on.
My class was African America history.. I looked through a friend's little brother's history textbook.. And the amount of things fromSlavery that are left out and the amount of black soldiers in the civil war, I didn't even remember learning about that in HS history. Reconstruction.King, Malcom are barely covered..

It's infuriating that we are hardly taught the real truth about this country.. If we are the greatest country we should know the bad and the good but it islike they pick what is important or not and just say f it.

But 1 thing that is great about college is you learn more about yourself than any textbook could teach you.... i.e. I learned that I love politics, that a lotof what we are told to believe is just a weird story, I've gotten clarity on religion, faith, and "god", how liberal I actually am, and thatI'd rather help someone else than help myself.

Why you crying OP?

I wish I had teachers like that when I was in HS

easy A

unless your a nerd

Hey everyone look at the nerd!!!! *throws OP into a trash can

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Why you crying OP?

I wish I had teachers like that when I was in HS

easy A

unless your a nerd

Hey everyone look at the nerd!!!! *throws OP into a trash can

uhh?

why would a nerd not want to do hw?

and the nerd always gets an A so you probably were the nerd since you are implying in my situation you would have an A.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

im in college and some of my teachers read straight out of the powerpoints that the book publisher gives them and thats it
smh.gif
yea i feel you in same cases. the funny thing is the professors that i've had do that are extremely knowledgeable, and they could be teachingus much better by falling they're own methods.

That's exactly where I'm coming from. All these pointless assignments don't really help us remember anything. And we are pretty much just remembering til Jan until mid-terms, after that you can forget everything.

I also like to enrich myself outside of school. Hell in history i teach more than my teacher does. For example, we are covering WWI right not but we really don't know anything about it, we skipped over the actual tactics of war, and the battles and talked about the politics which we also skimmed over. I just feel like we are wayyy to limited in school to actually learn anything useful later on.
My class was African America history.. I looked through a friend's little brother's history textbook.. And the amount of things from Slavery that are left out and the amount of black soldiers in the civil war, I didn't even remember learning about that in HS history. Reconstruction. King, Malcom are barely covered..

It's infuriating that we are hardly taught the real truth about this country.. If we are the greatest country we should know the bad and the good but it is like they pick what is important or not and just say f it.

they want to keep minors innocent of the truths about history in middle/high school history textbooks. you think learning about the real circumstances of thecivil rights movement in america (just one example...you wouldnt want to get in depth about situations like the holocaust either) would really be beneficial toa 13-16 year old who is still developing their opinions about the world. it would really mess them up imo. thats why we save all the realness for collegediscussions. as for college yeah it is a pain sometimes to see teachers who don't put total effort into their lectures, but i say they spent all that timegetting the ph.d they can do whatever the heck they want with it.

Teachers really don't teach anymore.

NCLB and state requirements = teachers teaching to the test and that's it....
They give bull excretion type hw assignments that don't really teach you anything
HW is supposed to be used for enrichment, not to teach you anything...
So why should I do my homework?
Is this a trick question? You want to get a good grade don't you?
Half my teachers are certified potheads
Who certified this? You?
AND WHERE THE HELL DID BINDER/NOTEBOOK CHECKS COME FROM?
It came from lazy students drawing in their notebooks and daydreaming while they're supposed to be taking notes...and the fact that too manykids need instant gratification for their work because they fail to see the big picture.

you must be in remedial classes.. AP kids still get 1st class education.

Basically...AP nowadays is like general ed back in the day. Quality of instruction isn't that much different, you take those classes to avoid beingaround the flunkies

Wait til you get to college
Doubt it...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Swish 22

My class was African America history.. I looked through a friend's little brother's history textbook.. And the amount of things from Slavery that are left out and the amount of black soldiers in the civil war, I didn't even remember learning about that in HS history. Reconstruction. King, Malcom are barely covered..

It's infuriating that we are hardly taught the real truth about this country.. If we are the greatest country we should know the bad and the good but it is like they pick what is important or not and just say f it.

they want to keep minors innocent of the truths about history in middle/high school history textbooks. you think learning about the real circumstances of the civil rights movement in america (just one example...you wouldnt want to get in depth about situations like the holocaust either) would really be beneficial to a 13-16 year old who is still developing their opinions about the world. it would really mess them up imo. thats why we save all the realness for college discussions. as for college yeah it is a pain sometimes to see teachers who don't put total effort into their lectures, but i say they spent all that time getting the ph.d they can do whatever the heck they want with it.

but at the same time in high school and even in elementary for me we read books like Number The Stars, and Night which give very graphicdescriptions of the Holocaust. I'm just thinking if they give us that why don't they teach us in further deoth about WWII and the civil rightsmovement.

In college I'm with you, the professor can do w/e he/she wants, but the primary years are where we establish ourselves so not teaching us to our fullcapacity just makes it a waste

Yeah college is a bit worse. I haven't done much [learning] this semester but I don't want to complain because it's easy A and my GPA looks good.

thats life famo.

ive come to appreciate the classes that didnt teach much...sad i know.

they want to keep minors innocent of the truths about history in middle/high school history textbooks. you think learning about the real circumstances of the civil rights movement in america (just one example...you wouldnt want to get in depth about situations like the holocaust either) would really be beneficial to a 13-16 year old who is still developing their opinions about the world. it would really mess them up imo. thats why we save all the realness for college discussions. as for college yeah it is a pain sometimes to see teachers who don't put total effort into their lectures, but i say they spent all that time getting the ph.d they can do whatever the heck they want with it.
That's fine and understandable but maybe only 25% will take history classes in College like that... So then we end up raising 75% of thepopulation as misinformed people.. Knowing things in the past no matter how despicable is important.. I was taught about Vlad the Impaler but not told aboutCompromise of 1877 and it's ramifications. That is unacceptable.

I don't particularly buy that...we learned about a lot of painful stuff (the Holocaust, namely) in middle/early high school

God i hate teachers

my girl got grounded and i was gonna take her to the galleria i was gonna hit too. Her pre algebra teacher called her mom and said she didnt do her hmework andsaid she was distrupting class
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by TheSouthside

God i hate teachers

my girl got grounded and i was gonna take her to the galleria i was gonna hit too. Her pre algebra teacher called her mom and said she didnt do her hmework and said she was distrupting class
indifferent.gif

that is funny and awful at the same time

were you a TA?

or a teacher yourself?

ikari XD wrote:

You think its bad for you? I had to grade those monstrosities
sick.gif

TA/tutor. Was kinda like my phase of prepping up before deciding I wanted to pursue this teaching thing. Binder checking is definitely something Iwon't be doing (assuming curriculum doesnt make it mandatory, of course).

^ its the same reason we create santa clause, the easter bunny, and the tooth fairy for younger kids. its all psychological. i agree people should know allthe facts regarding historical events and are often times misinformed, but it has to be at a proper age or there will be lots of problems. in end there is moreto know than can ever be known, so everyone will be misinformed about something in their lives.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

another reason why my kids are never going to public school
this happens in college quite often too my friend...prolly shouldn't send em there either
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom