TEAM-AF-ONE VOL. 3 THREAD

You also gotta realize that many of the AF1s that recently went up in price are the older releases.....Atmos, Linens, etc...are all almost 7 years old now. Sobasically, the kicks which might have cost $120 back in 2003 or 2004 or what not are more expensive now. Just like Jordan III/IV releases from the late90s/early 2000s jumped in price recently (Just look at 2001 black/cement IIIs, they skyrocketed)....it's the same for forces. Time is a big factor.

This thread alone really doesn't deliver a lethal blow to prices....it might have some effect, but it's definitely not the sole factor. I mean itbothers me to see some random kid getting hyped up by this thread to buy some jewels or whatever...but honestly, if this thread has a negative effect onprices...then you can say NT in general drives sneaker prices up.

Anyway, I know I never pay too much for anything unless it's something that I know I may never see again or can never find in my size.

As for those dunk/af1 hybrids....they're just too fresh. I remember first seeing them in a nike sb ad for the url (or ecue?) back in 2002, it was one ofthe ads which had a picture of a pile of random nikes. I should find it and scan it....

I agree with the majority of people in here that the thread has probably increased prices to an extent. I'm not going to lie, the thread itself does makeme more excited about AF1's. However, to me it is worth it. I've been into sneaker culture for at least 8 years now and haven't been enjoying thedirection it's been going in. It's not fun for me to see something I love co-opted (especially considering the clowns I have to deal with everyday inNYC. All of a sudden everyone and their momma is a sneakerhead when only 5 years ago there were maybe 20 kids out of 3200 in my high school who knew thedifference between an AF1 and Dunk). This thread is actually one of the few places I come (on the internet or real life) to talk about sneakers with otherpeople who I feel are knowledgeable and passionate about sneakers. Good threads are few and far between on Niketalk nowadays. Why eliminate one of the goodones?

Also, I feel like the majority of people I compete with for AF1's are in this thread. lol.

I'll post my newest pickup tomorrow probably (since I wore them tonight).

Thanks Paul
wink.gif

Damn jvhoop you beat me to them^

If you talking about the 1 of 1 from Paul than you are one lucky man,,,i was going to get them last week but i got some linens, you a lucky man!

Nope, those meths are dope though. I didn't realize someone had finally grabbed those. They were very tempting, but I didn't want to go overboard. Mypickup was a little bit older.

Originally Posted by MyOnes

thanks DK, love them
Now THAT is what gumsoles are supposed to look like!!!
Makes the so called "gumsoles" of Nike's recent (AF) releases look like cheap doo-doo!!

another thing that irks me, is that why are sellers selling beat vintage AF1's? beat as in worn 100x beat

Originally Posted by lexflex81

Originally Posted by MyOnes

thanks DK, love them
Now THAT is what gumsoles are supposed to look like!!!
Makes the so called "gumsoles" of Nike's recent (AF) releases look like cheap doo-doo!!

amazing
pimp.gif
....such a summertime pair...imo
if i had a pair (or 2 for that matter)....i'd seriously think about turning 'em into courir's....
laugh.gif

extremely clean on their own....
but courir's are tooooo damn hard to find...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by jvhoop22

Nope, those meths are dope though. I didn't realize someone had finally grabbed those. They were very tempting, but I didn't want to go overboard. My pickup was a little bit older.

Ohh..i believe they are white/black..those are so dope!

Gotta question, what is the quality like on the '07 Linen/Uni blue like? Thanks in advance. Oh yeah, you all be killin' it in here, keep it up.

Originally Posted by Random 79

Gotta question, what is the quality like on the '07 Linen/Uni blue like? Thanks in advance. Oh yeah, you all be killin' it in here, keep it up.

I have a pair and I have yet to un-DS them
eyes.gif
. Knowing thatthey're not a premium or a supreme, don't expect the quality to be good

Originally Posted by I Love AF1

another thing that irks me, is that why are sellers selling beat vintage AF1's? beat as in worn 100x beat
Here we go again! The reasoning behind that is that people did not collect shoes and put them on ice back in the day.(Only a very few did that)People like myself wore shoes to the ground because is'nt that what shoes are made for (WEARING)?

eyes.gif
. Knowing that they're not a premium or a supreme, don't expect the quality to be good
If your not fond and preach to everybody that 07 Af1's are crappy why did you buy a pair?
roll.gif
IMO and others can agree 07 forces are the most comfortable to date!

Originally Posted by Alieg6

eyes.gif
. Knowing that they're not a premium or a supreme, don't expect the quality to be good
If your not fond and preach to everybody that 07 Af1's are crappy why did you buy a pair?
roll.gif
IMO and others can agree 07 forces are the most comfortable to date!

uh, you're starting this again

I know that 80% of the colorways released this year were trash. And Nike (in terms of quality), has been falling since 2003, but I buy them cause I like thecolors

I'd love to see anybody agree with the last sentence you said

Here we go again! The reasoning behind that is that people did not collect shoes and put them on ice back in the day.(Only a very few did that) People like myself wore shoes to the ground because is'nt that what shoes are made for (WEARING)?

I know shoes are meant to be worn. Instead of selling them, why don't the sellers keep, donate, or throw them away? nobody is gonna buy those crustysh*ts
laugh.gif

Alieg6, it looks like you're gonna have some premeditated e-beef against me
indifferent.gif

Here we go again! The reasoning behind that is that people did not collect shoes and put them on ice back in the day.(Only a very few did that) People like myself wore shoes to the ground because is'nt that what shoes are made for (WEARING)?

I know shoes are meant to be worn. Instead of selling them, why don't the sellers keep, donate, or throw them away? nobody is gonna buy those crusty sh*ts
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
Sorry homeboy no e-beef over here im just saying practice what you preach!
eyes.gif
You'll learn that when you turn 14!

I know shoes are meant to be worn. Instead of selling them, why don't the sellers keep, donate, or throw them away? nobody is gonna buy those crusty sh*ts
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
Sorry homeboy no e-beef over here im just saying practice what you preach!
eyes.gif
You'll learn that when you turn 14!

i'm 18
indifferent.gif

and I do practice what I preach

Originally Posted by ROOKEE13

leather quality on the 07 linen/uni blues is terrible :/
they look beat after like 3 wears

sorry but the linens upper are mostly nubuck

Back
Top Bottom