TEAM-AF-ONE VOL. 3 THREAD

If Campers size 11.0 DS is not such a big deal, will someone keep a look out for me. I did not see those on ebay so my searching skills must be slippin.

7/12/08 $85 GR

nice colorway, but
sick.gif
at the side pattern
moz-screenshot-4.jpg

Damn toebox is square as hell on those, and like... holes in the side panel give it a weird look. I thought the shape was getting better but those are bad.

Damn toebox is square as hell on those, and like... holes in the side panel give it a weird look. I thought the shape was getting better but those are bad.
The shape has been improved on for this year, but that shoe pictured has taken about 3 or 4 steps backward from any improvement. Straight garbagenot worth copping for $40.

Same goes for canvas af1 they never seemed that popular but all of sudden they are all the craze. Those red canvas lows in sz 11.5 ds with box sat on napsize for months not too long ago for 128 but they seem like a great deal now for 200 or w/e the price is.
laugh.gif

You speak the truth. They had the black canvas for 128 as well. I enjoy a nice pair of canvas forces, don't get me wrong, but I reallydon't see where all this hype comes from. Same for jewels...love 'em, but they used to be a hell of a lot cheaper. This thread's influence isimmense...

But if you think this is bad, look at the number the AMFAM thread did on air max prices....I bunch of AM90s which I personally saw all over sale racks up to ayear ago (i.e grey/maize) are now selling for over $200. And how about the '05 infrareds?

I mean, these threads are great and I feel that they're the most interesting on NT, but they take a toll on prices.

As for those white/gum mids...way to go nike, you managed to ruin what would have been a great release. %%* are those holes?? Looks like termites had their waywith the mid-panel.
sick.gif
Or even worse, it looks like rhinestones.
roll.gif

As far as the influence of this thread:

Do you guys think there are a significant amount of people that don't post in the thread, but are influenced?

There are only about 10-15 "regulars" in this thread. Could it just be that the market for older AF1's has finally ripened, especially due to theterrible string of releases by Nike for the past few years?

I understand these threads do create some form of hype, but is the influence that great? I think it would be funny to lock the thread for a month and see ifprices drop. Do we have that much of an influence?

I think the threads do end up raising the prices on some shoes but mostly just the beloved courirs, atmos, linens and 3m snakes or other shoes with hype builtbehind them.

Still there are always the great steals out there. And myself buying mostly older air force ones don't have the hype built around them and I usually end upgetting them all for very good prices.

I have never spent more than $160 on a pair of forces. And even though most of us in this thread feel that most of these recent releases suck i'm sure 90%of people outside of niketalk find them "Hot" and won't even think of buying older air forces.

Overall I think these threads have somewhat of an affect on prices but also I think just sellers in general have an affect because they decide to sell thierlinens for $550 other sellers think they can get that for thiers and it's just a continuing cycle.

Originally Posted by GUM SOLE

I have never spent more than $160 on a pair of forces. And even though most of us in this thread feel that most of these recent releases suck i'm sure 90% of people outside of niketalk find them "Hot" and won't even think of buying older air forces.

SMH @ myself. I remember the days of keeping my limit under $200 for any pair of kicks.

My spending habits of gotten out of hand in the past few years.

EDIT: Speaking of my bad spending habits.

I know this was already discussed, but should I hop on a pair of DS wheat lows for $290 shipped?

What about NDS-VNDS linens for $240 shipped?

linens for 240 isnt bad...i overpaid on mine and paid 275.
dope orange canvas everyone still looking to buy a pair

Originally Posted by jvhoop22

As far as the influence of this thread:

Do you guys think there are a significant amount of people that don't post in the thread, but are influenced?

There are only about 10-15 "regulars" in this thread. Could it just be that the market for older AF1's has finally ripened, especially due to the terrible string of releases by Nike for the past few years?

I understand these threads do create some form of hype, but is the influence that great? I think it would be funny to lock the thread for a month and see if prices drop. Do we have that much of an influence?

This thread and the people in it definitely have a major impact on the market. I am sure people lurk that do not post because I sell stuff to them. Theyfollow the market and pay based on what the market goes for that certain pair. A lot of the shoes that end high are usually bought by people on this threadbecause people on here are the first on every rare vintage pair. A great example would be purple canvas lows that ended for 800+, who in their right mind wouldpay that much for those? I bet if this thread wasn't here it would have gone unnoticed and ended for 200-300 at most. People follow the prices that theseauctions end for and base their price on that. Why would napsize charge 70 dollars more for a shoe that sat on the site for months for less?....because thisthread and buyer trends have changed the market and to speak in english it created more stupidly blinded by hype consumers.

As for saying the market ripened with a string of terrible release, I don't think it's exactly that, it's always about getting whats notavailable to you. Let me elaborate with a point OGfiend made about those airmax 90, I remember those along with the grey am90 sitting on clearance racks for$40 at modells but no one bought it then and now it's 200 on ebay, so was it a terrible release or has the market finally ripened? Even jewel af1 weresitting in mom pop shops for $30-40 for years but I guess the market has finally ripened. This thread is curse and a gift but the gift comes at acost.......LITERALLY.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by xilegacy

A great example would be purple canvas lows that ended for 800+, who in their right mind would pay that much for those?

eek.gif
i'm wearing $800 shoes today?
pimp.gif
i shoulda not walked in the dirt so much
laugh.gif

Campers & Courirs in Size 11 have been on my mind for awhile... It just so happened that the past few pages in this thread a few Campers have popped up'looking good' (Fueling the desire for a pair even more...)

Next thing you know, a pair of Campers in Sz. 11 is listed on ebay... Coincidence or not... I was happy they did...

$165 plus shipping isn't a steal... But a decent price for a DS pair...

i'm not from the US (singapore actually) and i gotta say this thread has raised the prices some people are willing to pay...i still remember the good olddays of scouring ebay and jp for shoes, fair decent prices...steals are still possible, but now i highly doubt so. Well with the declining dollar, i can stillafford to pay abit more but definitely not as much as some people who're willing to shell out for some shoes. Air maxes have been crazy, models that wereunwanted are going for 100-200ish, it's crazy!

This is weird, with the ineption of this thread, its good to see older forces being appreciated, but i would never have expected vintage forces circa 90s to gofor as much as the more popular ones like wheat lows and atmos etc...as far as i can remember, older forces are often more cheaper, some even cheaper thancurrent GRs.

This thread has definitely affected me, personally i faced more competition, esp for JP lol! But well i guess u win some, and u lose alot of times!

I'm just curious, have people started to go into airforces or air maxes, just because it's heavily talked about right now? Not exactly falling to thehype but just merely to hop on to this semi-permanent bandwagon, i'm seeing a lot of people switching to forces and airmaxes due to the creation of these 2threads.

Originally Posted by MetalStitch

I'm just curious, have people started to go into airforces or air maxes, just because it's heavily talked about right now? Not exactly falling to the hype but just merely to hop on to this semi-permanent bandwagon, i'm seeing a lot of people switching to forces and airmaxes due to the creation of these 2 threads.

I've been into forces before I joined NT, but it wasn't that serious as compared to now. Back then, I was curious how older forces looked like butthere were very few sites that showed forces from 5+ years back. But when 1Thology came up, I started getting a lot of interest on vintage forces. I think1thology is also to blame for the prices as well, as it provided an outlet for people to look at older forces, and to hype them up, which increased prices aswell.

My Ones: Thanks for the Info on those 2004 JD's.
I got them for $85 shipped because the seller screwed me over som ds campers(I won them for $115 shipped, paid him but never got the shoes. hes sold me theseat a discount to make up for it.) I love the subtle shade of gray with the white.

As for this thread and prices. I'd have to assume there is some direct correlation between this thread and prices, I know I am a serious lurker, I read thethread a couple times a day since there was the old AF1 thread. In my opinion, the main thing affecting prices is that sneakers are the CURRENT TREND. So manypeople, especially kids that had no interest in older sneakers have suddenly become interested or even obsessed with getting some good quality vintage stuff.

Remember when people were paying good money for certain pogs? Thats ridiculous.

As long as sneaker collecting continues to grow, the prices on shoes that are more difficult to obtain will rise.

I hope kicks don't end up like baseball cards in a couple years, where the value is next to nothing or alot of people will have lost some serious change.Ifor one am not worried about it becasue then I'll be able to get whatever I want at a decent price.

Sorry for the rant, figured I'd give my $0.02...

Took a bunch of cool pics this weekend, will post them tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom