TEAM-AF-ONE VOL. 3 THREAD

^ ISS buys todays sbs, to trade tomorrow

so its already too late, they're a form of currency to those high schoolers.

but if your intentions are to wear them who cares.

Why is it every 20 pages in this thread the same topics get brought up?

I blame the attention span of todays youth and Rap music.

Yes this thread influences Air Force 1 prices. This whole web site does. Simple and plain.

i'm pretty new to this. i mean i been wearing nikes since waffle trainers but i've been collecting shoes only since 2003 and it has been mostly airmaxes. growing up i NEVER wore forces - it was always acg's or runners. over the past 3 years i started buying more af1's as i saw people posting someolder stuff that i really thought looked nice and forces don't have the same risk of cracking/crumbling like old air maxes. over the past year i startedhunting/buying canvas forces. i'm sure i was influenced by some pair(s) i saw on niketalk and became even more into it as i would see stuff on yahoo ornapsize that i really liked. i find it amusing (though i know it to be true) that i am but a lemming when it comes to old canvas forces because i work withaddicts everyday.

i really enjoy the older collectors that share their knowledge and pics but the length of time that they have been collecting does not automatically make merespect them any bit (i'm kind of a disrespectful person to begin with though). actually i'm thinking i should rephrase because i don't respectanyone for the shoes that they collect lol but what impresses me most is when the old timer dudes come in here and educate on a level that isinclusive and encouraging as opposed to being elitist and snobby.

bottom line is that i'm bored at work and find it very amusing that i could come up with this mini-diatribe on collecting forces when i'm oftencriticized for being sparse with my words when writing reports. i thank all the people that post their pics in here. i appreciate all the stories and info thatpeople post. gracias for the links and i'd like to thank the academy for awarding me the sneaker showcase postwhore award as i leave ilove and mic in thedust.

Originally Posted by kevin2nd

i'm pretty new to this. i mean i been wearing nikes since waffle trainers but i've been collecting shoes only since 2003 and it has been mostly air maxes. growing up i NEVER wore forces - it was always acg's or runners. over the past 3 years i started buying more af1's as i saw people posting some older stuff that i really thought looked nice and forces don't have the same risk of cracking/crumbling like old air maxes. over the past year i started hunting/buying canvas forces. i'm sure i was influenced by some pair(s) i saw on niketalk and became even more into it as i would see stuff on yahoo or napsize that i really liked. i find it amusing (though i know it to be true) that i am but a lemming when it comes to old canvas forces because i work with addicts everyday.

i really enjoy the older collectors that share their knowledge and pics but the length of time that they have been collecting does not automatically make me respect them any bit (i'm kind of a disrespectful person to begin with though). actually i'm thinking i should rephrase because i don't respect anyone for the shoes that they collect lol but what impresses me most is when the old timer dudes come in here and educate on a level that is inclusive and encouraging as opposed to being elitist and snobby.

bottom line is that i'm bored at work and find it very amusing that i could come up with this mini-diatribe on collecting forces when i'm often criticized for being sparse with my words when writing reports. i thank all the people that post their pics in here. i appreciate all the stories and info that people post. gracias for the links and i'd like to thank the academy for awarding me the sneaker showcase postwhore award as i leave ilove and mic in the dust.

I thought you'd be collecting longer.. I've been "collecting" since 2005
smokin.gif
btw, anyone want a link to a DS WMNS sz 8.5 (Mens 7), of the Grape AirForces I posted? Just send a pm

laugh.gif
...very well put Kev...... and as well, Thank YOU for offering above said "input" and encouragement as well.

Here's my story......yeah, i wore AF1's growing up but they were mainly for the "gym rat" that i was and they were beat down before mom anddad even offered up another pair. I grew up thinking Jordans were WAY out of my league as far as price. My re-interest in kicks came about when my sisintroduced us to her boyfriend(husband now) who has somewhat of a large Very respectable collection of all kinds of kicks and within it i actually saw some ofthe stuff i used to wear!!! "Where'd you get those?" i asked and his reply was "it's sort of a hobby/lifestyle, you shouldcheck it out.". And so that's what sparked my re-interest and here i am today....always looking for AF1's and J's. So for me, as far as thispost having a effect on prices and hype on kicks.....i definately think so!! It's where i get most if not all of my info believe it or not. I'm noton the "in's" with anyone(not that i haven't tried..lol) so when i find a grail in my size and contemplate spending HOW much?, trust meit's been a hard earned find. But isn't the hunt part of this whole lifestyle?? I try to look at it that way 'cause it's all i got
laugh.gif

peace

lets not forget that alot more people are " interested " in sneakers these days...

Oli, my orange canvas have already started to discolor a lil bit...any tips?
I might stop wearing canvas forces when its real sunny

Since everyone is posting their "story", here's mine haha...

I NEVER wore forces growing up in the 90s, I was a complete fiend for anything with an air unit, so on the rare occasion that moms would actually buy me nikes(instead of prowings) I'd snatch up something with visible air that looked techy (eventually as I entered my teenage years I switched to Vans and DCs).Even though I never wore af1s, EVERYONE around me did...in school, at the park, etc. Jewel swooshes and the NYC logo are forever embedded in my brain thanks tothat.

I started collecting in 2002/2003 (I admit, it was SB dunks that started it for me. But hey, I actually Skated heavily then and they did represent somethingcompletely different). Once I started doing my research on kicks, I immediately recognized and remembered the 1s I was so familiar with growing up. Around'04 I started buying air forces 1, starting with Mitas and It just grew from there. Eventually, as dunks started to disgust me more and more, I went out ona mission to snatch up all the memory-triggering, nostalgia inducing air force 1s I can (unfortunately, I have to keep it on a budget). Being able to wear asneaker that has that vibe to it is just amazing to me.Thats my story...

Originally Posted by I Love AF1

Fast forward to March 2007, I was browsing AllHipHop's Ill Community forums, and they had a topic about raiding Hypebeast.com. So I check there, and my love for kicks rekindles.

Lmao, I was a part of that, just good ol' fun. Fashion Forward fell the hell off though ever since they revamped it.
Micmorales, long time, I sawyou got those 95's for the wifey.
devil.gif

Since everyone is sharing their stories here's mine:

I got into sneaker culture through basketball. I've loved and played basketball my entire life (I had one of those Huffy hoops in my room starting when Iwas 2) and started playing organized ball when I was 8 (my parents were able to get me into my neighborhood basketball league a year early since my dadcoached). Growing up in NYC and playing ball I was always checking out what people had on their feet. Of course, I was also an MJ fan along with being a Dr. Jfan etc. I remember I had the redesigned Dr. J's in 5th grade I think. In Junior High (this was 1996-2000) I started to really get into Nike basketballkicks. I had the Garnett III's, Zoom GPs, Vis Zoom Uptempos, Air Team Max Zooms, FP1s and many others. In seventh grade I was fiending for the AJXIII's, but my parents wouldn't drop the cash. Finally, when the XIV's dropped I begged my parents to get them for me for my birthday resulting inmy first pair of Jordans. This was my eighth grade year and the time I started to "collect" (quotations due to the fact that I've always worn allof my kick and always will). I had also desperately wanted the retro IV's around that time, but didn't get them. I made up for it when in 2000 I got 3out of the 4 pairs of retro V's (the only pair I didn't get were the black/silvers).

Once I got to High School I became more conscious of the way I dressed and my tastes went from Nike basketball kicks to Jordans, Dunks and Forces (I'venever been a runner or cross trainer guy because my love for kicks developed through basketball). Around sophomore year if remember correctly I was checkingout Niketalk, but I could never figure out how to make an account. I stuck mostly with Jordans for the first couple years of High School and around Junior yearI started to customize a bunch of AF1s for myself along with buying some AF1s other than my usual white on whites (Obsidian/grey mids which I still have) andDunks (white/red highs, white/red/rapid highs, neutral grey dunk pro lows which I still have). This was 2002-2003. I remember reading about the first Supremesand also about how rude the guys at the store could be and shied away from checking it out (which is why I regrettably missed out on all of the 1st series andmost of the 2nd series). For a while I stuck to mainly Dunks, Vandals, Blazers and Delta Forces. I didn't use ebay that much and I didn't really knowwhere to get some of the nicer older AF1s (though I had alway wanted 3M Snakes, Cocoa snakes, Taiwans and some others). One of my semi-friends in High Schoolhad Taiwans which I alway drooled over.

Around the end of 2005-start of 2006 I decided to finally start picking up some of the AF1s I had always wanted. I also decided to focus more on older AF1s andDunks because those were the ones I had always wanted when I was in High School (from seeing collection pics on Niketalk, etc). I started going on a co.jp Dunkrampage (I LOVE the city attack series) along with finally getting 3M snakes and picking up Crimsons. Since then I've stuck to focusing on getting many ofthe kicks I had wanted when I was younger, but didn't have the money or know how to get (many of them being older Dunks and AF1s. Overall, I've been inlove with sneakers for at least 10 years.

EDIT Does anyone else remember seeing Big Boi from Outkast in furry pink shorts and Linens at the VMAs? That was one of the moments that made me fall in lovewith AF1s even more.

Also, is $490 shipped a very good deal for DS wheat lows and VNDS Linens?

Hi everyone. I'm hollowpoints. I'm 37 years old, and I like stacking shoeboxes in my closet.

Seriously though...probably being the oldest member of the Team, I was in my teens during Nike's heyday. I grew up with Nike Air. Air Max, Jordans, AirStabs. Back then I wasn't what you'd consider a "sneakerhead". I was just a kid copping whatever was hot at the moment, then I'd cop thenext new shoe when the previous pair was beat. Even stranger, I didn't own my first pair of AF1s until like '93. First pair that caught my eye was backaround late 80's-early 90's when I used to hit the nightclubs in NYC and used to see dudes rockin highs with the straps hanging backward,white/black/black midsoles (Fila had some joints with the same all black soles that were also hot back then). I remember walking up a staircase behind somedude and seeing the "NYC" logo on the back of his 1's and being amazed, like " I need to try and find those". My first pair werewhite/obsidian highs I found at a little mom & pop on 125, after hitting about a dozen shops. 2 pairs left in 10.5, bought one-$60 (I regretted not buyingboth). After that, I would just cop the occasional pair of white/white or white/grey or, *gasp* mids (back then I didn't care; I don't mess with midsnow). Then I started doing the all-season Timberland thing, in the winter with a down jacket, summer with shorts. Then it happened. I was listening to Hot97,and they were talking about Nike releasing AF1's with the PR flag on them (the PR1). I went shopping down by the Village, stopped by Transit to learn theywere all sold out. After that, I decided to search the web and see what I could find, then I clicked on that link.

Niketalk.

Originally Posted by hollowpoints

Hi everyone. I'm hollowpoints. I'm 37 years old, and I like stacking shoeboxes in my closet.

Seriously though...probably being the oldest member of the Team,
Nope Martin...i got you beat on that!!
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Stay safe TEAM

Been reading all these stories
laugh.gif

During my childhood I didn't have any "special shoes", that would be worth mentioning now. I just remember that my mom would buy me and my broblack/white cortez's back to back, after they've been beat lol
pimp.gif
From there I just went on to cop random Nikes because the swoosh on a shoe just looked ill. It wasn't until 2005 that I saw a pic of the Cartoon cinco demayo forces. I had to have em. I googled like crazy til I stumbled upon a Mr Cartoon interview where he mentioned NikeTalk. I signed up (two SN's ago),and have been on the site since. What started my "collection that I wear" were Air Force 1, and til this day is predominantly Air Force 1s. Lovethis shoe and this thread has escalated my wanting to buy more pairs.

... btw, when is Vol 4 opening up? Everyone always posts updated pics of their collections
pimp.gif

I've told this story on NT before but growing up as a kid I was really into shoes...almost in a way that would've deemed unhealthy for a normal kid. Iknew release dates, exact colors, and weight (thanks to Eastbay). The only problem was that moms wasn't havin' it. At that time, Jordans were the"bees-knees," but I knew AF1 were my s***. Back when the shape & leather was on point, nothing could match the beauty of wht/wht. I always rockedjewels, canvas, and highs as a youngster because they always went on clearance. Once I discovered NT back in 2001 I gained a wealth of knowledge about sneakersas well as where to find the ones I really wanted.

Fast forward to 2005 and I get my first real job. I was still skeptical at this point about eBay and doing transactions via NT and/or ISS so I generally boughtnewer releases. All the while, I just wanted to buy some of the stuff I had as a kid because the prices weren't really bad at the time for older forces. Bythe time I really started being able to afford the stuff I wanted, the hype had built up and my size was even harder to find/more expensive. Consequently, Idon't buy forces at the rate I'd like to. Maybe one day...

well i want to post my story too lol,

anyways, as far back as i can remember i always liked shoes. i dont know exactly what age it started but i know some of the shoes i had were: grant hills,jason kidds, iverson, jordans, LA GEARS (lol), air raids.

i truely think my love for shoes really started with the OG concords in 1996 when i was in 2nd grade, my mom had bought them for me for xmas and my brothertold her to buy them for me. they wer eonly $50 at the time lol, but i just remember i beat that shoe until the patent leather was peeling off of it. iremember in the summer time i saw a guy with a better looking pair then mine and being jealous because mine were s beat up. i didnt start wearing af1s untilthe year 2001. i remember my brother had a pair of white/grey mids with the grey stitching from 2000 he used to wear with sweat pants lol. anyways he told menext time my mom was going to take me school shopping i should get some all white shoes to go with what i wore. what i really wanted was a pair of low top allwhite adidas forums because i saw my brother with them and they looked nice and clean. i couldnt find any at the stores i went to and my mom picked out the allwhite af1 low(aaaah the 2001 shape lol). ever since that day every year until i graduated i had a fresh pair of all whites. i started buying more all whitemids more because i liked how i laced them.

so in late 2004 i get my first job, i started buying shoes/timberlands weekly since my mom and dad werent buying my shoes anymore. around febuary 2005 i foundthe JD sports website and saw the portland lows and instantly fell in love with what i was looking at and had to have that shoe. i found a website that wasselling and i bought it. too bad it took them 3 weeks to tell me that that it wasnt in stock anymore and they sent my money back. so from there i bought the JDraspberry off the site. oh man was i excited to wear that shoe to school. so from there i started just buying my shoes off the net because i am one to hatewhen people are wearing what i am wearing. eventually i found the portlands and bought them and my collection has grown from there and has gotten older aswell.

and i found this pic a few days ago of me on xmas when i got the shoe (yes i know its not an af1, oh well). i would like to share
smile.gif

and yes my head was big at the time lol

I always liked af1s as a youngster but never went too crazy on them although I'm still upset I missed on some blue/blue suede high/mids TWICE!!! in 98?

When I got older and paid for my own sneakers I had to have 2 pairs of white/whites for every summer. To be honest, the quality on them turned me off to Af1sfor a LONGGG WHILE.

Even though supreme, Premium Af1s prices are unappreciated they made me realize that af1s could be made a bit better.

eek.gif
eek.gif

Nice pic. And either you're just really young or I'm just a really old man. To think I was a senior in high school when those dropped.
ohwell.gif

lol im kinda sorta young, i remember walking into high school basketball games with those on in 2nd grade thinking i was the sh*t

If all the hypebeast typing has raised the price of Kicks.....lets leave that expensive liquid everyone uses to get around OUT of the forums.......

Back
Top Bottom