TEAM-AF-ONE VOL. 3 THREAD

Originally Posted by aaron1976

What's people's opinion on these?

Personally I think there dope.

Could I see myself wearing them......... Probably not but they have everything I love wrapped into one sneaker. They will most likely sit with the rest of the over the top Air Force 1's I have.

Elephant print, 3M, Neon,.

I think black laces would be a better look as the Neon ones are just too much.

nike-112-dj-clark-kent-1.jpg

I think these are pretty dope. Actually like them better than the kobe cements and since you never got them back I guess they will be good substitution.Plus it will only be a fraction of the price.

THOSE 3M ELEPHANT PRINT JOINTS ARE HOT
ILL BUY EM

since the threads a lil bored imma post some random pics

v64ruu.png

346reoz.png

348ikjq.png

k1dysi.png

2ntd93p.png

23w1jxt.png

28wjrr9.png

14jq6aa.png

2rpvih0.png

n65182.png

2jcc37p.png

4fx56f.png

2qm3haw.png

ta0xao.png

I personally like them, but I'd get my boy C2 to custom a pair of neon 95 supremes.

nice pics prymone. that yanks x albis matchup is crazy.

MFPearson - paul is doing fine, he's just been realbusy.

i really wish i had the funds right now but i been spending money on gear for saltwater trolling and fixing up our boat - coupla weeks ago we caught a bunch oftuna and then we caught a 300# marlin and then a big wahoo so now i have the deep sea fishing fever. boat + gas + maintenance + equipment/toys = expensive.plus, summertime i always spend most of my freetime shorefishing, diving and bottomfishing. i hope a bonus check floats my way so i can buy some shoes. todayi'm wearing a beater pair of canvas forces - i really like these:
16jh3c2.jpg

Team,

I apologize for not posting lately. It's partially due to the fact that I will be going to Japan for a month starting in late July, so I've been tryingto save money (and therefore have no new pickups). I'm also increasingly becoming more and more disillusioned with direction sneaker culture has gone in. Inever thought this would happen, but I seem to be slowing down lately. I still love sneakers (and AF1s) and always will, but it's hard to maintain the samepassion when things aren't the same. I miss being able to physically hunt for a pair of sneakers in NYC or go to a shop and talk kicks with someone.It's boring when every store in NYC has the exact same overpriced kicks, very few of which I actually like the color blocking or design. Hunting on theinternet isn't as fun.

With that said, this is one of the few worthwhile and important posts that remains on on niketalk outside of release date posts.

MFPearson,

I don't think what you wrote is offensive at all. I think it's mostly true. I don't think AF1s are dead yet, but Nike is not helping them stayalive. They have completely oversaturated the market with poor releases and bad designs. Nike just puts out too many sneakers now period. It's hard to getexcited about an upcoming release when there is a new one everyday and most of them suck. Give me 2 dope AF1 releases a month (not that I can consistentlyafford that) and I'm good. Instead its this collabo x this gimmick x this hybrid. It makes sense that this thread is getting repetitive when most of us arebuying vintage kicks now. There are only so many old releases left in good condition. Plus, most of us are forced to use the same resources for finding AF1s.The number of Mom & Pops with old stock dwindles every year. Without consistent good releases and places to hunt for kicks we're all left with theinternet and each other as the only resources for kicks.

I'll try to snap some pics in the coming weeks even though I feel like you guys have seen most of my AF1s at some point or another. Hopefully when I getback from Japan I'll have some meaningful stuff to show.

^ i completely agree. but i know that there's even a ton of vintage forces out there that people have that i have never seen before. this team needs torecruit and expand. everyone convince that one guy you know that has a great collection but has never been on niketalk before to get on here and contribute.there are ways to keep this thread from becoming stale - we just haven't thought of any good ones yet.

Originally Posted by MFPearson

OGfiend was on point when he said that AF1's are dying. While thinking about it last night, I realized he could not have made a more accurate statement. AF1's are following in the footsteps of the Dunk SB, and fast. How do I know this? Well...

- Nobody in here has made any significant pickups lately. People are posting the same old stuff over and over again, or they are posting nothing at all.
- I have crazy heat for sale in rare sizes, and I am selling it all for cheaper than I paid for it, but the market is dead. No one wants to buy ANYTHING.
- Most of the collectors who had great vintage collections now only collect hyperstrikes, or do not mess with AF1's at all anymore.
- The only reason that this thread has moved past page 100 is because people just make filler posts that have no content. Example: putting "
nerd.gif
" after every post you make, while not contributing anything at all.

I have tried to post occasionally and keep the thread going, but I only have 25 pairs of shoes in my collection. And, like i just implied, repetition gets very boring very fast.

All that being said, you probably won't see me in here too much anymore. I am going to try to liquidate my collection while I can still get a little of it. While my true love is the actual AF1 itself, and not money, I don't want to be left high and dry when the market dies completely. As most of you know, I have put a fair amount of money into my collection in order to obtain some grails that would have been impossible to find without that money. Basically, while I love my collection, it is still an investment, just like any other collection. And I believe it's time to cash out.

Any other thoughts? This post was not meant to personally offend anyone (all right, maybe a small poke at I LOVE AF1 for always doing the binoculars, but it's all out of love), but this is simply how I have assessed the situation. And, it's too bad, because I had a blast with the first couple of AF1 threads. Hopefully a revival isn't too far off in the distance...

No offense taken and none meant in my reply but...
...that's kinda weak.

AF1's are following in the footsteps of the Dunk SB, and fast. How do I know this?
=======================================
New to things or am I misinterpeting what you're saying?

Before SB's were "cool", AF1's were the shoe of choice for most.

AF1's aren't "dying." They may not be the "cool" shoe any more b/c this thing truly goes in cycles. But as someone who wore'em'84-85 I doubt they'll be "dying" any time soon.

The reason why they don't matter to so many is because of some of the stuff you mentioned - not being "valuable" being one that bugged me themost, I guess b/c I've never really bought any shoe & thought "ooohh I'm gonna cash out & score big w/these."
indifferent.gif

I bought'em b/c I wanted to wear them $*!%*. and if I do try to resell a pair I have & don't get the value I want, guess what?

I'll keep'em and wear'em....because that's what shoes are, unless you have a marvelous pair of signed Jordans or some +#%$ that truly hasresell value.

Anyways, if you're "liquidating" & you're a 13, holler @ me. I'll help you liquidate some of those joints
laugh.gif

I'm also increasingly becoming more and more disillusioned with direction sneaker culture has gone in. I never thought this would happen, but I seem to be slowing down lately. I still love sneakers (and AF1s) and always will, but it's hard to maintain the same passion when things aren't the same. I miss being able to physically hunt for a pair of sneakers in NYC or go to a shop and talk kicks with someone. It's boring when every store in NYC has the exact same overpriced kicks, very few of which I actually like the color blocking or design. Hunting on the internet isn't as fun.
I feel ya 100%. It also doesn't help seeing bastardized versions of my favorite sneakers all over the city. With sneaker collecting becomingsome kind of awful fad, it's hard to feel as passionate...and obviously, the supply of vintage joints isn't going to last forever either, eventuallytodays new releases (along with the '05-'07 junk) will become the "older"sneaker. What happens then? The whole future of the sneaker marketis nebulous...I mean, who knows if they will loose value (if this was just a fad) or maybe the classics will gain value as they become harder to find (kindalike OG jordans). Guess we'll have to find out...all I can say is, I love air forces 1s from the 90s, and I'll keep scoping out the pairs I still needuntil I'm happy.

I'll be back with some pick-ups late tonight...

oh, and MF....if you think it's hard getting a normal price for your AF1s, try selling older dunks. I've got pairs that I can't move for $40
laugh.gif

Like the air max thread, I check this post on the regular. You guys have quality AF1s. Thanks for sharing your collections/pics.

Wanted to share my newest pick up...
30vitg2.jpg

MyOnes is unfortunately banned for a month which is why he hasn't been posting. This is straight from him

ayo let the team know i cant post until july because i got banned for a month for stating i was selling some stuff. which is unfair cuz im lurking the forum and i see posts getting edited by the ones who suspended me and others are not being suspended lol. but im reading on you guys are pretty much slowly backing out of the game, i am too. i am selling alot of shoes i thought i would never sell, but im opening a business soon and i need extra cash for living purposes. also i feel as if i need other shoes in my rotation and not just af1, im still going to keep the ones that are extremely hard to find but i want to get into AM 95 and old basketball shoes like i was back in the day.

OGfiend,

out of curiosity, what older Dunks were people not buying for $40? I'm always looking for older colorways though I might want to wait to make purchasesafter my Japan trip.

MFPearson,

I see the heat your selling in size 10. I'd love to cop, but I've got to debate whether I can afford it with my upcoming trip. I'll hit you up if Ithink I can drop the dough.

NYCers,

I'm up for hunting expeditions over the summer if anyone else is. I think one way for the team to become more active would be to do things such as this.I'm in uptown Manhattan, but I'd be down to take a day here or there to go hunting in any borough. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Originally Posted by aaron1976

What's people's opinion on these?

Personally I think there dope.

Could I see myself wearing them......... Probably not but they have everything I love wrapped into one sneaker. They will most likely sit with the rest of the over the top Air Force 1's I have.

Elephant print, 3M, Neon,.

I think black laces would be a better look as the Neon ones are just too much.

nike-112-dj-clark-kent-1.jpg

I think these are pretty dope. Actually like them better than the kobe cements and since you never got them back I guess they will be good substitution. Plus it will only be a fraction of the price.
Ya at this point I don't think I will ever go after the Cements again.

P.S. ****QUINNHARRINGTON!

aaron1976 - what did Quinn do to you? If you have is address and/or phone #, you can always send him pizzas and hookers and force him to pay for it
laugh.gif

I'm actually looking at a pair of HK's right now, whats a fair price?. I'm pretty sure they are DS.

Quinn's a dead issue really don't need get into it. He ended up selling all his shoes for rent $$ anyways.

zs05wc,

Yeah, he did. Unfortunately, he has a size 9 and 10.5 left and the only size I can comfortably wear in canvas AF1s is 10. I asked him to let me know if hestumbles upon a pair in my size though. Thanks again for the help even though things didn't work out.

JV...the dunks I'm trying to get rid of mostly from '03 like mesa patent highs, grunge lows. As far as I know, the older joints from '99-'01are still sought after as they were. I wouldn't sell any of my '99 dunks, ever, so I don't know how hard it is to move those. I also wasn'table to get a good enough offer on my size 11 plums, so I kept them, which was probably a good choice.

As for hunting around the boroughs, I'd be down for sure. I know there are spots in Brooklyn and Queens which need to be discovered. I think driving aroundBrooklyn for a bit might prove to be pretty successful.

Got these in today. All three were in one auction...I don't want the JDs though, not my style.

15zhzbs.jpg

2gv96jr.jpg

2mybxgx.jpg

Ah so you were the one who won that auction. I was so mad that it was in my size.

OGfiend,

Great pickups. I'm shocked you couldn't get $40 for mesa patent highs when I personally think they are dope. I agree with you on '99-'01s. Ilove mine. I've always dreamed of completing the full co.jp set, but I doubt it will ever happen. There are just too many and I don't have that kind ofdough even if I got all of them for great prices.

I actually love those JD raspberries. Saving for Japan is killing me right now since I see so many possible pickups.

I'd be up to go hunting during an upcoming weekend or even during the week since I'm on summer vacation from college and my work schedule is lightright now. Let me know.

Hey guys, can anyone help me out with these solid colored womens highs in size 11 womens? Anywhere in the states which has them for retail and in big sizes?I'm pretty sure the Light blues got released, i need the purples, reds and lime when they drop or if they have dropped. Any info will truly be appreciated.Thanks, please PM me your help
smile.gif

Style: 321813-441
Color: University Blue/University Blue

Style: 321813-331
Color: Bright Cactus/Bright Cactus

Style: 321813-661
Color: Chile Red/Chile Red

Style: 321813-551
Color: Red Plum/Red Plum

Back
Top Bottom