TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

lol BIP throwin jabs at the EU writers. they were the first with access to a wide array of colors back in the day. blows my mind that you can buy pretty much and color and any kind of cap nowadays. damn rich kids will never know the joys of racking cans or discovering a new cap. yes i'm salty.

BIP and Vood wrote it best. Even though those over $1k sneakers that were posted a few pages are mine.
I would really rather have collection like Kevins, Steve and Matt.

I really only have four hyperstrikes now that I really love and enjoy and maybe two more out there that I might try to hunt some day.
But other than that I rather have some of those older pieces. 2001 and back and I don't mean to beat a dead horse with that story but when I started buying heavy into air forces was in 04 and at that time I had no idea what a good quality air force one looked like until I started seeing some of the pictures posted by some of the OGs in this thread. With those same pictures I also got on the hyperstrike and PE hype.

Mayor is just a corny dude with money in my book. He has a brotherly relationship with Clark and he blew up on the Internet like Franalations did.
People know him and now they give him free stuff. This happens too often.

Now Greg Street is a completely different book.

BIP and Vood wrote it best. Even though those over $1k sneakers that were posted a few pages are mine.
I would really rather have collection like Kevins, Steve and Matt.

I really only have four hyperstrikes now that I really love and enjoy and maybe two more out there that I might try to hunt some day.
But other than that I rather have some of those older pieces. 2001 and back and I don't mean to beat a dead horse with that story but when I started buying heavy into air forces was in 04 and at that time I had no idea what a good quality air force one looked like until I started seeing some of the pictures posted by some of the OGs in this thread. With those same pictures I also got on the hyperstrike and PE hype.

Mayor is just a corny dude with money in my book. He has a brotherly relationship with Clark and he blew up on the Internet like Franalations did.

Now Greg Street is a completely different book.

Originally Posted by vood99

Np BIP, you and illphil are one of the few rational/level-headed people on this forum.
eek.gif

I don't know that anyone has ever described me as level headed or rational! HA!

I appreciate it. I know I can be abrasive. This is who I am. I am a fighter. It's what I do for a living (not in the physical sense, though I am a longtime boxer).

Though I am rarely an instigator. I tend to find myself reacting to things that irk me in a volatile manner though.

Appreciate the kind words. I just love sneakers. I used to go off on cats on here who would +!*% in GR's. If it's a nice sneaker, it's a nice sneaker. Things have gone backwards over the last decade or so.

Np BIP, you and illphil are one of the few rational/level-headed people on this forum.
eek.gif

I appreciate it. I know I can be abrasive. This is who I am. I am a fighter. It's what I do for a living (not in the physical sense, though I am a longtime boxer).

Though I am rarely an instigator. I tend to find myself reacting to things that irk me in a volatile manner though.

Appreciate the kind words. I just love sneakers. I used to go off on cats on here who would +!*% in GR's. If it's a nice sneaker, it's a nice sneaker. Things have gone backwards over the last decade or so.

Originally Posted by sergdamerg

Yooooo, you are tripping now. So the fact that Mayor has money is a negative? I got money. And what?

The love for sneakers didn't start when I had money. It started when I was a kid who's family couldn't afford more than one pair at a time so I had to keep them clean forever. I started wearing sneakers from Fayva, not Nikes.

If he gets free stuff, so what? You don't like free stuff? Dude said he's had 5 pairs of Linens in an interview I saw. So he CLEARLY has an awareness of older forces. They mention Black Lows with a Wine Swoosh in the article. And my guess is he's tight with Clark because he's a passionate AF1 lover, not the other way around.

Until they go through EVERY box in that dudes collection, or you know his full history, how you can judge it, or him?

I was thinking about this. Even though a love for AF1's unite us all, there are differences between us.

I own no hyperstrikes. I can't remember seeing one that I cared to own enough to chase it and pay for it. And I don't buy sneakers for a display case or a table.

I own no jewels. Jewels were frowned upon around my way when they released. Just don't like it. The Jewel swoosh looks like something that would be on a Women's sneaker to me. I prefer the full Swoosh because it is usually a point of color contrast on the sneaker, and the more of it there is, the more I like it.

I own no canvas AF1's. I had the Blue lows that came out in the US a while back. But I just prefer a clean, leather sneaker. Or maybe a mix of materials like Acorns.

As far as the Crocs go, maybe he likes them. It reminds me of the "gator" dress shoes that I've seen dudes wear with suits. Now, I would never wear lime green "gators" with a suit. But some people do and like them. So maybe Mayor is cut from that cloth.

We all come from different places. My background is urban New York City. So my tastes might not coincide with an AF1 lover from Japan, or Cali or wherever.

Yooooo, you are tripping now. So the fact that Mayor has money is a negative? I got money. And what?

The love for sneakers didn't start when I had money. It started when I was a kid who's family couldn't afford more than one pair at a time so I had to keep them clean forever. I started wearing sneakers from Fayva, not Nikes.

If he gets free stuff, so what? You don't like free stuff? Dude said he's had 5 pairs of Linens in an interview I saw. So he CLEARLY has an awareness of older forces. They mention Black Lows with a Wine Swoosh in the article. And my guess is he's tight with Clark because he's a passionate AF1 lover, not the other way around.

Until they go through EVERY box in that dudes collection, or you know his full history, how you can judge it, or him?

I was thinking about this. Even though a love for AF1's unite us all, there are differences between us.

I own no hyperstrikes. I can't remember seeing one that I cared to own enough to chase it and pay for it. And I don't buy sneakers for a display case or a table.

I own no jewels. Jewels were frowned upon around my way when they released. Just don't like it. The Jewel swoosh looks like something that would be on a Women's sneaker to me. I prefer the full Swoosh because it is usually a point of color contrast on the sneaker, and the more of it there is, the more I like it.

I own no canvas AF1's. I had the Blue lows that came out in the US a while back. But I just prefer a clean, leather sneaker. Or maybe a mix of materials like Acorns.

As far as the Crocs go, maybe he likes them. It reminds me of the "gator" dress shoes that I've seen dudes wear with suits. Now, I would never wear lime green "gators" with a suit. But some people do and like them. So maybe Mayor is cut from that cloth.

We all come from different places. My background is urban New York City. So my tastes might not coincide with an AF1 lover from Japan, or Cali or wherever.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

eh,

what's wrong with getting free stuff?
as long as he wears it, how could you call "a collection" fake?

theres nothing wrong with free stuff.

but just cause hes wears it doesnt mean a thing, he got lucky hanging out with kent, and became a "sneaker celebrity"
laugh.gif

nike over here just shipping him kicks (idk why) and so forth, for no reason, the rare and exclusive shoes came from someone deciding at HQ, oh lets just ship this out.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

eh,

what's wrong with getting free stuff?
as long as he wears it, how could you call "a collection" fake?

theres nothing wrong with free stuff.

but just cause hes wears it doesnt mean a thing, he got lucky hanging out with kent, and became a "sneaker celebrity"
laugh.gif

nike over here just shipping him kicks (idk why) and so forth, for no reason, the rare and exclusive shoes came from someone deciding at HQ, oh lets just ship this out.

Originally Posted by illphillip

eek.gif

Phil, you're one of the few cats who's gone head to toe with the beast known as ProtoJ and actually came out with a draw!! LOL You're good in my books just for that.

eek.gif

Phil, you're one of the few cats who's gone head to toe with the beast known as ProtoJ and actually came out with a draw!! LOL You're good in my books just for that.

That croc 1 of 1 set is insane.  I love the white pairs.

When mayor said he was put into this world for sneakers as his purpose - thats a funny comment though
grin.gif

That croc 1 of 1 set is insane.  I love the white pairs.

When mayor said he was put into this world for sneakers as his purpose - thats a funny comment though
grin.gif

Phil, I have a theory that Mayor hopped onto AF1s in the late 90s, even early 00s. He probably did have an OG AF1 as a kid/teen, no doubt about that - but everything else is somewhat 'AF1-head' hyped stuff like Linens, Cartoons and I know he talked about Taiwans in an interview. And we all know about his Bespokes, Anacondas, etc... As you say, we'll only know after he opens some of his 'older' boxes.

I'll tip my hat to him if he can pull out something obscure from the mid/late 80s or early 90s.

Phil, I have a theory that Mayor hopped onto AF1s in the late 90s, even early 00s. He probably did have an OG AF1 as a kid/teen, no doubt about that - but everything else is somewhat 'AF1-head' hyped stuff like Linens, Cartoons and I know he talked about Taiwans in an interview. And we all know about his Bespokes, Anacondas, etc... As you say, we'll only know after he opens some of his 'older' boxes.

I'll tip my hat to him if he can pull out something obscure from the mid/late 80s or early 90s.

Back
Top Bottom