TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

Originally Posted by golfinguru11

Originally Posted by xilegacy

I hate the fact that some people think only vintage af1 can be nice even though it's their opinion it just sounds so cynical. It shouldn't matter what year it released or how many were produced or how rare it is. In terms of value something is only worth what you are willing to pay.

THIS!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of the older vintage pairs as well. But to be honest I don't think newer limited stuff should be frowned upon. I see people post crazy stuff like Kobe denims and get absolutely no acknowledgement, yet when Bippy posts a dusty #%% pair of 1994 canvas hi tops people go nuts. To me, that makes no sense 
eyes.gif
. People have different definitions of "heat" I guess, but you still have to respect others' stuff and give them props (i.e. Mayor). You cant just go and say its garbage because you could never afford it. You can tell yourself as many times as you want that you would never buy it anyways even if you had the $$, but lets be honest here. And on the other end of the spectrum, even though I think vintage canvas shoes are ugly and would never wear them (I never liked canvas forces) I would still give respect to that person for coming up on them since they are a "gem" in a lot of people's eyes, and extremely hard to find. 
P.S. Mayor has more pre-2002 heat than 99% of the people in this thread
laugh.gif
. He just doesn't show it. Heck, half of his complex top 50 air forces of all time are older pairs.
It's all sense and sensibility. A 1994 pair is a gem because of the shape, the quality, and all that jazz. It also brings back the era when corny dudes just couldn't rock at all. Back when a lot of these joints were released, I might have ran into you on the street and asked, "You got the time?" or, "Hey, don't you know my man, Mark? Yeah, come take a walk with me right quick" But, in a world where 7th graders own iPads, I'm an alien, so what does it matter anyway, right...

I don't hate on Mayor really. I just don't like when people drool over his collection when there are people like Shawn or Sgt. Shizzle out there. Different strokes for different folks.Everybody can just do themselves.

But, one thing I will comment on is this idea that Mayor or CK "blew up" on the internet, Not really. CK is accomplished in the music industry and he gets and deserves his props for that. Sauce mothereffin was still the best partner in rhyme Hov ever had. But, I digress. This is a tiny, insular community, this sneaker thing. A sneaker celeb is an oxymoron. None of this stuff is important and none of these people are important or known outside of a group of freaking geeks like us for their sneaker collections. 999 out 1000 kids aged 18 - 24 have no idea who the hell any of these people are - and that's the way it should be because collecting sneakers is just something some people do, it's not any reason for the world to know your name. As, my man Corgi says, buying sneakers is not a talent.

Too many words for a niketalk post. They need to put limits like on twitter. LOL
78508970_did-not-read_gif.gif

Originally Posted by golfinguru11

Originally Posted by xilegacy

I hate the fact that some people think only vintage af1 can be nice even though it's their opinion it just sounds so cynical. It shouldn't matter what year it released or how many were produced or how rare it is. In terms of value something is only worth what you are willing to pay.

THIS!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of the older vintage pairs as well. But to be honest I don't think newer limited stuff should be frowned upon. I see people post crazy stuff like Kobe denims and get absolutely no acknowledgement, yet when Bippy posts a dusty #%% pair of 1994 canvas hi tops people go nuts. To me, that makes no sense 
eyes.gif
. People have different definitions of "heat" I guess, but you still have to respect others' stuff and give them props (i.e. Mayor). You cant just go and say its garbage because you could never afford it. You can tell yourself as many times as you want that you would never buy it anyways even if you had the $$, but lets be honest here. And on the other end of the spectrum, even though I think vintage canvas shoes are ugly and would never wear them (I never liked canvas forces) I would still give respect to that person for coming up on them since they are a "gem" in a lot of people's eyes, and extremely hard to find. 
P.S. Mayor has more pre-2002 heat than 99% of the people in this thread
laugh.gif
. He just doesn't show it. Heck, half of his complex top 50 air forces of all time are older pairs.
It's all sense and sensibility. A 1994 pair is a gem because of the shape, the quality, and all that jazz. It also brings back the era when corny dudes just couldn't rock at all. Back when a lot of these joints were released, I might have ran into you on the street and asked, "You got the time?" or, "Hey, don't you know my man, Mark? Yeah, come take a walk with me right quick" But, in a world where 7th graders own iPads, I'm an alien, so what does it matter anyway, right...

I don't hate on Mayor really. I just don't like when people drool over his collection when there are people like Shawn or Sgt. Shizzle out there. Different strokes for different folks.Everybody can just do themselves.

But, one thing I will comment on is this idea that Mayor or CK "blew up" on the internet, Not really. CK is accomplished in the music industry and he gets and deserves his props for that. Sauce mothereffin was still the best partner in rhyme Hov ever had. But, I digress. This is a tiny, insular community, this sneaker thing. A sneaker celeb is an oxymoron. None of this stuff is important and none of these people are important or known outside of a group of freaking geeks like us for their sneaker collections. 999 out 1000 kids aged 18 - 24 have no idea who the hell any of these people are - and that's the way it should be because collecting sneakers is just something some people do, it's not any reason for the world to know your name. As, my man Corgi says, buying sneakers is not a talent.

Too many words for a niketalk post. They need to put limits like on twitter. LOL
78508970_did-not-read_gif.gif

i actually don't know if its him because there is this kid on youtube who guys by the same ID and its not fendi lol

i actually don't know if its him because there is this kid on youtube who guys by the same ID and its not fendi lol

Originally Posted by MNadel

Fendi, I knew it was you ^^ lol
Yup. I suspected it when he said "dusty." Why don't you give me a call and threaten my life. Don't get flour bombed by the animal rights activitsts next time you wear your fur coat, homie.

BTW, that post wasn't even specifically directed at you - I was just laying out why AF1s are all about vintage to me and why many others share my opinion. It's quality, culture, and memories of a different era. Things done changed. I'm a very different person than I was back then too. Vintage kicks is one of the ways I express my appreciation for some of the aspects of that era that I loved and that help shape me.

I don't bash hyperstrikes when people post them just to be a jerk. They just aren't my cup of tea.

Yup. I suspected it when he said "dusty." Why don't you give me a call and threaten my life. Don't get flour bombed by the animal rights activitsts next time you wear your fur coat, homie.

BTW, that post wasn't even specifically directed at you - I was just laying out why AF1s are all about vintage to me and why many others share my opinion. It's quality, culture, and memories of a different era. Things done changed. I'm a very different person than I was back then too. Vintage kicks is one of the ways I express my appreciation for some of the aspects of that era that I loved and that help shape me.

I don't bash hyperstrikes when people post them just to be a jerk. They just aren't my cup of tea.

Its not him, lol.  Golfinguru has a whole set of vids on youtube.  Its funny I remember this kid when he first started collecting in 09 he posted a bunch of videos and they would all get flamed to death.  Then he would make videos flaming the flamers.  It was before he hit puberty and his voice was really high - kinda funny.

Its not him, lol.  Golfinguru has a whole set of vids on youtube.  Its funny I remember this kid when he first started collecting in 09 he posted a bunch of videos and they would all get flamed to death.  Then he would make videos flaming the flamers.  It was before he hit puberty and his voice was really high - kinda funny.

My iD came in a couple days ago. (loosely based off of the Kobe elephant AF1, but with infrared). The translucent infrared outsole is crazy.
IGtiOq

Hz5O9b

HS3nB5

My iD came in a couple days ago. (loosely based off of the Kobe elephant AF1, but with infrared). The translucent infrared outsole is crazy.
IGtiOq

Hz5O9b

HS3nB5

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 For the record, I am not him. I talk to him often though, so this is pretty funny. MNadel you talk to him as well, so you can even ask him. You think he is THE ONLY PERSON IN THE SNEAKER WORLD to have the same opinion as me? You would be sadly mistaken. 
P.S. One of these days he will come back though, which I will get a kick out of. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 For the record, I am not him. I talk to him often though, so this is pretty funny. MNadel you talk to him as well, so you can even ask him. You think he is THE ONLY PERSON IN THE SNEAKER WORLD to have the same opinion as me? You would be sadly mistaken. 
P.S. One of these days he will come back though, which I will get a kick out of. 

^^^^^^^^
@ the last 3 post.
Those ID's is FUEGO golfinguru11.
Ands those mushrooms and greys are killers.
#props
Whats sz are those shrroms and greys?

^^^^^^^^
@ the last 3 post.
Those ID's is FUEGO golfinguru11.
Ands those mushrooms and greys are killers.
#props
Whats sz are those shrroms and greys?

very nice find on the Mushrooms
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
and those red/brpwn elephant print iDs are nice also

what happened to the 1 theology page, did Nike take it down? every time i got to the url NSW comes up, i used to visit that site to get inspirations for iDs

very nice find on the Mushrooms
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
and those red/brpwn elephant print iDs are nice also

what happened to the 1 theology page, did Nike take it down? every time i got to the url NSW comes up, i used to visit that site to get inspirations for iDs

GolfingGuru11:

Very Nice ID, but please don't compare those to the Kobe Elephant AF1's. Not even close.
laugh.gif

BTW, Mushrooms > ID's. Nice choice sir.

SP, nice creation as well. Reminds me of the Levi X Jordan 1 Collabo

PO

GolfingGuru11:

Very Nice ID, but please don't compare those to the Kobe Elephant AF1's. Not even close.
laugh.gif

BTW, Mushrooms > ID's. Nice choice sir.

SP, nice creation as well. Reminds me of the Levi X Jordan 1 Collabo

PO

Back
Top Bottom