TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

yeah the price is ridiculous

edit: can't really tell if they are legit. the shape of the front toebox of the left shoe (right one in this picture) looks kinda off. leather looks good, tho

LL

Last edited:
My bad, I'm a FB recluse, so I'm not involved in the AF1 FB page. So, I didn't know that's where they came from. You got be curious about the asking price now. What is it? (feel free to PM me)

^^^

BIP, in the last pic there's a non-Nike barcode sticker attached to the box. Maybe you can find out what store that was, and it'll shed some light on the shoes. I'm leaning toward them being authentic though...

That said, even if those are bootlegs - the build quality is bananas, the leather on it looks better than anything that's dropped in the past 4-5 years.

they look legit to me... sole shape, leather, etc. the box label looks fine, it's just the camera is a little out of focus (not using macro). i say legit.
also i can clearly see where the stitching on the heel tab connects the letters. i'd be confident in buying them.

Last edited:
I had told him authentic too, but that I couldn't say it with 100% certainty.

I thought he'd benefit from more opinions.

The only thing that is giving me doubts is the lack of connecting stitching in the Nike Air.

It's pretty damn rare for a pair of '97 GR AF1 lows to be faked though, so the odds are in his favor in the first place.

I had a pair of 2002 white/carolina lows that gave me a nagging suspicion for a long time before I finally settled that they were okay.

those jewels are 100% real... but the price is 100% bogus - and i've been known to shell out some serious cash for shoes in the past.

it's too bad, because that colorway is NEVER seen, and the leather is so nice looking - but i'd rather use that kind of money for 5 or 6 pairs at this point in my life.

Last edited:
Tell me the damn price! I wan't to be incredulous too. Don't make me feel left out, guys. I'm good at piling on. Wah, wah.

...Especially coming off the week in which I just spent the most I've ever spent on a single pair of shoes. (Not an AF1 though)

EDIT: Got it. I'm incredulous

Last edited:
I hope they are old bootlegs! I dont know if they are or not but I love a good old bootleg.
if you think AFs(including jewels wernt bootlegged in the early and mid 90s, you would be wrong). Ive seen a various old bootlegs in my travels. Leather lows, canvas mids, jewel lows. I have a pic somewhere of a dude wearing Yellow lows with a navy jewels swoosh and navy nike air logo stitching on the back. They were fire but not real. I have a blurry low light pic somewhere ill have to dig up

Nowadays they pretty much bootleg everything in both real and fake colorways. If you ever go to china and go to a local market place(not the ones for tourists buying fake stuff) you will see what im talking about. Last time i was in beijing I even some bootleg air huaraches! That was a surprise and they looked nice too.

Last edited:
I hope they are old bootlegs! I dont know if they are or not but I love a good old bootleg.
if you think AFs(including jewels wernt bootlegged in the early and mid 90s, you would be wrong). Ive seen a various old bootlegs in my travels. Leather lows, canvas mids, jewel lows. I have a pic somewhere of a dude wearing Yellow lows with a navy jewels swoosh and navy nike air logo stitching on the back. They were fire but not real. I have a blurry low light pic somewhere ill have to dig up
Nowadays they pretty much bootleg everything in both real and fake colorways. If you ever go to china and go to a local market place(not the ones for tourists buying fake stuff) you will see what im talking about. Last time i was in beijing I even some bootleg air huaraches! That was a surprise and they looked nice too.

****zle,

I wasn't saying that old bootlegs don't exist, just that mid 90s AF1 jewel lows aren't in the "high risk group" for fakes, so to speak. Surely, lower risk is not no risk.

Do you want to weigh in on the legitimacy debate?

Do you happen to have a pair of white/goldrenrod jewel lows? That would settle the debate.

On these particular ones. I have no idea if they are real or not. If they are indeed bootlegs they would be highly desirable to me. A vintage bootleg like that would be cool to me. I prob wouldnt wear them but cool none the less. If they are legit, I could take them or leave them

As for bootlegs in general. Yeah, the chances of mid 90s AF1 jewel bootlegs being made now probably 0%. The chances of mid 90s af1 jewl low bootlegs being made in the mid 90s. Fairly high! From my experiences in China, there are bootlegs of pretty much every sneaker from every company. Of course hype stuff but like even models you wouldnt have thought anyone would take the time to bootleg in a million years. I didnt buy anything but I find it all fascinating

Here is that pic of 90s jewel bootlegs. This was only pic I could snap off a random dude in a random clothing store in tokyo. I was following him and eyeing the shoes for a good 10 mins. Def not customs.

They're not mine, Chunk.

That's what I'm saying, ****z. For them to be bootlegs, they'd have to have survived as long as a legit pair would have - which is even less likely for a bootleg than an original for a variety of straightforward and sociological reasons. I have to check my HD and see if I have any pics of them saved.

Ok, guys. I'm about to bombard this.

Here are a few month's worth of unposted pick ups and random other stuff that I don't recall posting before. Shouts to Kev, Technique, and Quad Laser. Some of these pairs came from them.

Got this pair as part of a bulk buy for dirt cheap. A little big - not married to them :wink:

Last edited:
id agree, those goldenrods look legit to me

and a link to said team af1 on fb? i cant find it

BIP :smokin :smokin :smokin those caros, mid n low red jewels, 96 black canvas, green apple jewel mids :nerd: un campers, jeeez i wanna be like you when i grow up lmao

ALL dope PUs really

Last edited:
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE stuff BIP!!
just the color of the wheats looks a little off, might just be the lighting.
We had some problems with wheat fakes before, is the leather all buttery soft suede?

Congrats on all the shoes!

@bip - those black and maroon highs! Love those passed on them way too many times and am of course always kicking myself

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE stuff BIP!!
just the color of the wheats looks a little off, might just be the lighting.
We had some problems with wheat fakes before, is the leather all buttery soft suede?
Congrats on all the shoes!

Thanks, guys.

Wheats came from Kev, actually. So, if they're fake, that's on him. LOL.

I'm using this fancy cam that I don't really have any idea how to use (my father-in-law basically donated it to my wife after he bought a new one). Sometimes the shots look great, sometimes the light looks funky. I'm a total rube operating it though (photography is not my thing), so sometimes I get some weirdly tinged images.

****zle - I let a pair slip about 2 years ago and I wasn't going to let it happen again. I still regret it though because even though the other pair was a bit more expensive, they were my true size. These are at the outer edge of my range.

I noticed that these are starting to obtain SALE tags on them. Time to scoop them all up :smokin

Going to the other spots to see if they have the other two colorways. These GRs are super nice IMO

those wheats better be legit lol. i got them from spacej23 and he's my homie. if something were off though, BIP knows i'd refund him immediately.

those wheats better be legit lol. i got them from spacej23 and he's my homie. if something were off though, BIP knows i'd refund him immediately.

Sure, I pass the buck to you, and you pass it to the next man. We all have a future in politics!! :tongue::

Nah, they're good though.

And, of course, I wouldn't doubt for a second that you'd do the right thing were there any funny business.

Back
Top Bottom