TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

^Meh, they ruined those with the black midsole stitching and the canvas doesn't have the nylon seam strips. To me, those don't measure up to any canvas pair made 2003 or earlier.

I could live with the black stitching. That's the least of their problems.

either way...dem jawns gettin scooped....they look like quality release

"Quality release" can mean a number of things. They are a nice colorway, and the return to canvas is a welcome gesture; I'll give them that. But, that shape and quality sucks. I've worn my pair once - they got better throughout the day, from excruciating to tolerable.

c44b58cb_yotd23.jpeg

i think the main differences, at least between the two pairs posted, are 1) the shape, 2) the quality of the canvas used, and 3)the lack or seamed edges

Can u elaborate on that???? :nerd:

i think the main differences, at least between the two pairs posted, are 1) the shape, 2) the quality of the canvas used, and 3)the lack or seamed edges

Yeah. Pretty much what he said. I think the shoe looks decent enough. I'd prefer if they didn't have the black stitching. And, I'd prefer the seams to be the way old canvas pairs were, but if the materials and shape were better, I'd easily overlook those imperfections. The main problem is that when I wore them, I found them highly uncomfortable for most of the day.

What's the pricing on 2005 Easters and Brazils?

People try listing stuff on ebay for stupid prices, but realistically, I don't think any of those holiday and WC patent AF1s fetch more than a few bucks above retail, at best. In some cases, you might be lucky to get retail.

How much do 3m's go for nowadays? 

Thanks guys :smile:

Are you able to buy from overseas? If so, they are ubiquitous and pretty cheap over there (for obvious reasons) Stateside, maybe 220 - 240 or so in popular sizes?? Anybody else, feel free to chime in.

Last edited:
The main problem is that when I wore them, I found them highly uncomfortable for most of the day.

Kids must have it so tough these days. Nike Air Retro's that are stiff with no padding. Air Force 1's with bad shape and equally no padding or support. Then you have Jordan retro's which you would never dream of balling in for the sake of your feet. Finally there's the modern day light Zoom / 360 Air kicks which are always too narrow and seem to be ending quite a few NBA careers (no flaming to any fans, just an observation)

This is why I feel to each their own on these new drops at JD when things like 03 Canvas can be copped below retail if you keep an eye out.

Yeah, the modern sneaker landscape is like the modern television landscapes - 85,000 channels, but nothing's on. Seinfeld re-runs still stomp 99% of any choices we have, even though we know the scripts line for line by this point.

Last edited:
thanks for the comments on the last pic, finally some pairs can be worn again!

also thanks on the hint to this loctite glue flex, i wasn't sure what tipe/brand of glue I should go with.

BIP - atmos in this condition...I need to get one again too!

This probably has nothing new for you guys, but I've never seen a catalog shot of so many vintage 1s... but what year is this from? Flattophitop said its '88, but AFAIK those orange/white lows are from 1990 and the black/red highs are from 1994... I think? The AF3 Escapes were an '88 only release, but then this is a Japanese catalog so maybe release dates were later? Anyway, enjoy!

http://flattophitop.blogspot.com.au/2009/02/air-force-iii-1988.html

^ Top pairs are late 80s- 90.

If that top left pair is all blue - they're 1990. Nadel is the only one I know with a pair. Every other pair I've seen in my life has been beat. I think the orange and green pairs and stuff are from '88?... I think SpaceJ23 has the orange pair.

The second row - the highs with the non-white midsoles are from 1991. I have the pair with the silver swoosh, but they're kind of beat. I think shawnyboyyy probably has all four of them. ....Shawn - where are you? Come back here and "battle" Solecuts for our collective amusement and saltiness, please! Solecuts has some of these too.

Second row of highs is 92/93. I have the left-most pair, from 1992. Doodadee and one or two others (Matt?) have the pecan highs. Solecuts has the left 2 pairs, I think. ....Somebody here has the black/red/gold pair - I've seen them posted in this thread before, but I don't remember who has them (Matt?) Anyway, if anybody here has them in my size, they should sell them to me! I thought they were '93 off the top of my head, but maybe they are 1994.

Bottom row. 1990 again, I think? Sgt. ****zle and Rbn718 have the pruple pair, so they could confirm.

...Actually, although I didn't mention him until the end, there's no telling how many of these pairs the Sarge has!!

Last edited:
Right click, save.

Are there any pairs on those two pages that aren't owned by a single person in this thread?

Anybody have either of the white/reds on the 2nd page, or the white/blue lows?

Last edited:
Good Lord... I want all those! Missed out on about 3 of them for sure- feels batman!

I want that entire colored low set.

Last edited:
Man, all those 1's are phenomenal.

But those OG Barkley AF2's brought a tear to my eye. They deserve a PROPER retro.

Along with the joints Reggie rocked. Which haven't been retroed at all.

Back
Top Bottom