TEAM AIR TRAINER

basically.

on the surface, the 2012 pair wasn't good quality mostly b/c that leather was stiff as cardboard. but, i think i've mentioned before that it's actually okay...b/c it does not crease much at all
laugh.gif
. I've gone thru about 3-4 pair and I scored most of them for less than $75 so I got my money's worth. It's a functional shoe but far from perfect.
i think this point really hits the nail on the head.  we spend grip on air max silhouettes and we get jacked on quality whereas air trainer [1s] are commensurate in $$$:quality.  in my opinion it seems to be (as of 2016):

air trainers $$$ slightly > quality

air tech challenge $$$ slightly < quality

air max 90 $$$ almost = quality

dunk sb $$$ = quality

air max 95, 97, 98, plus $$$ slightly > quality

air max 1 $$$ >>>>>>> quality

Last edited:
No worries.

Silouette and Colorway is by far my #1 choice in Trainers. I can't even bring myself to wear them though, it's tough, it takes a lot of convincing to wear them and to NOT wear them, and I put them on and just put them back in the box, and it pisses me off TBH.
I initially miss understood you a bit. I get where your coming from, and I agree about the silhouette and CW. Such a beauty :wink:

These today... 2009 AT SC High "Auburn"
Such a dope CW :smokin Started chipping within the first hour of their first wear. I just haven't gotten around to the repaint yet.

blown away

now im sad with our current state. My 2004 at1 lows are turning to mush

That has forced me to be a bit more proactive and now Im wearing my last remaining 04 zoom trainer 1 chloro much more often. It went from once a month to now 3-4 times a week. If the glue is going to turn to dust, I want it to happen on my feet and not in the box.

Last edited:
That video was cool. I remember seeing it a few weeks ago.

When i first saw the chlorophylls i instantly fell in love with the AT1 model. More because the cw drew my attention!

Wally, i remember years ago you made a comment that AT1 were your favorite and most comfortable shoe. Ever since then i wanted a pair but always held off.The closest thing i was able to get my hands on were the all black Trainer SC II (still a dope shoe imo). I finally got a pair of the chlorophylls a year ago and ever since i put my feet in them i cant seem to see my hoard of nikes without them. I got a pair from the 2012 release. Man, I've been missing out.

I know theyre not the best quality but i always wanted this pair because of the simple cw so bad but it took me a while because i was being too cheap to pull the trigger on a pair. I grabbed em for about ~$60 shipped from Canada which isnt the best price.

I must say. I really love how comfort. It's unexplainable, something about how it hugs my feet makes it my top 5 of all time lol. The eggcarton insoles is a very nice detail they added to the shoe and i was suprised they put this in there. Ive worn them so many times i hope they dont crack on me anytime soon. These have been my go to shoe for the gym (and a majority of other occasions as well) and they hold up very well imo. (Squatting a max of 365lbs)

What im curious to see is that Navy Blue/red pair to retro.I don't think they ever retro'd yet either. I know you know which pair im talking about

Actually rocked the 2004 AT low chlorophyll today for Christmas. :nthat:

Closest retro I've seen to the OG Air Cross Trainer low. I had a dream once that they retro'd...I was at the mall...and somehow wasn't able to cop...more like a nightmare....

Back
Top Bottom