TEAM AIR TRAINER

Welcome to the Team Air Trainer thread.

Started at the request of several Air Trainer fans this is the place to post all AT related topics.

You needn't be a mad collector of ATs to post here, one pair is enough!

Remember no flaming, keep it respectful and no selling or the thread may get binned.

R.I.P. My AT 1 Lows which i had to destroy last week cos they wuz broke!

I'll start it off with a couple, lets get this going and keep it rolling!!

01001110 01101001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01000001 01101001 01110010 00100000 01010100 01110010 01100001 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110010 0111001100100000 01110010 01101111 01100011 01101011 00100001

Word!

Sure, I appreciate...

I too, have a pair of 2008's...

As well as a pair of Zoom Tennis Trainers and Air Trainer III (royal/orange)... both of which, I haven't taken photos of... so there it is, my humble"collection".

Wallyhop (sp?)???
nerd.gif

All that I have (don't mind the tag, these were listed for sale):

Lettin' both go as well
wink.gif

Peace.

Cris.

yes! the day has come. as many of you know that's all I "collect" and wear. i dont really consider it a collection because other than 4 vintagepieces, everything gets worn or has a purpose. 1 jordan, 4-5 runners, 6-7 basketball specific shoes, no dunks, 1 sb round out the rest of what I own. I felt Ifound an opening with trainers when I jumped into this a few years ago. I feel like I adopted this genre from being thrown into the dumpster and lost forever.Shoes with just as much history as air maxes, not quite as jordans levels, but shoes that should have some sort of respectability.

I'll start things off slow.

Transistional phase for my AT1s:

At one point two yrs ago my AT1s looked like this:
da91524d67cbc5b1ccd27eb9bdd77c648747caf.jpg

- sick of the midsole paint chipping on almost every 2004-2008 retro, those were sold off. snakeskins, orcas, book of ones were never worn. lumberjacks, picnicpacks and energys were worn and saw massive paint chipping. I didn't want to lose out money on these CRAPPY investments.. Instead focus went towards modelswith better materials and builds.

About a year ago, the selling and buying process is underway:
a8c1524e6cc4c3baca4cc087c33aa6d572eb51a.jpg

-trainer 1 08s were added, another 2000 chlorophyll and varisty red were all picked up in exchange for selling off 6 pairs... Quality over quantity was my newmotto.

Current Day air trainer 1 retros:
beb15f4562c7c0b62f9b552d6bc2b158f18c83a.jpg

-small picture here but we're back to 13 models. the same number from my original air trainers. Variety has changed. We're up to 6 2000 chlorophylls, 32000 varsity reds, and a 2000 michigan.

More to come, obviously

LOL what up WallyHopp & SinnerP - still paging INDECS, TonyStarks, etc.

Great pix everyone

I'll try to corral my collection & take pix to add to the goodness.

OHHHHH

It so good to be a part of this TEAM...

Here are some pics homies:

Me

The ATiens :

Bonus :

Some pics are coming soon...

Air Trainer 4 life!

Paix from Paris, France.

nice to see you round WatH.

sinnerp, he's rockin some air trainer highs. I caught an episode awhile back, maybe the first one ive seen in over6 years and he happened to be wearing my favorite shoe. what are the odds? episode aired around '88. Talk about a sign from above.

PrezT, thats all I'm good for around NT, nike cross trainers.
laugh.gif

Here's the whole collection setup from a few weeks back:
2ekljt0.jpg

-Variety?? Who cares. i've found a core 3-4 colorway/models that will tide me over for a lifetime. trainer 1 lows have supreme comfort and great suede, zt12004s have performance aspects for the gym, 2000 chlorophylls also can perform on the court.. why look elsewhere. I have no faith in Nike to come close toreproducing some of these so i have my own personal inventory stock of them. The phase of wanting every AT1 and ATIII retro c/w is long gone as my first postshows.. now its just all right back to the core basics. And as a larger sized wearer, one knows how hard some of these are to obtain, let alone 3 or even 6pairs. the journey has been long and tireless.

Many of these shoes have great stories involving their inceptions so I will discuss all that later on in individuals posts. This is just the beginning.

love trainers, sold a pair last year to a European on vacation here in ny.

I'll say it again, Americans don't like trainers, took Supreme to make them hot again.

ill see if I can take a pic of my remaining pairs.

nice stuff everyone

Book of One's I wore on a trip to China a year or two back.
I have a pair of Goldiggers also but you all know what they look like...

great team, this thread has me scoping some trainers now actually. who better to ask than the team, how do they run compared to sb dunk hi/low's,am90's, jordan iv's etc... i'll post them up once i get some going. cris and wally hopp, those savier's are soooo
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Good to see the usual suspects in here...

The thing is, there a good number of ATIII's coming out this year, but other than the Med. Balls, the rest don't really appeal to me...

The only trainers I'm looking for right now are the 2000 chloro AT1's, the AT1 FT's and the original Zoom Trainer 1's (with Tinker'sblueprint insole)... see a pattern? all older models
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

sinnerp, he's rockin some air trainer highs. I caught an episode awhile back, maybe the first one ive seen in over 6 years and he happened to be wearing my favorite shoe. what are the odds? episode aired around '88. Talk about a sign from above.

Lol... I rememeber that...
laugh.gif
What did Uncle Jesse wear? Cowboy boots?

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Good to see the usual suspects in here...

The thing is, there a good number of ATIII's coming out this year, but other than the Med. Balls, the rest don't really appeal to me...

The only trainers I'm looking for right now are the 2000 chloro AT1's, the AT1 FT's and the original Zoom Trainer 1's (with Tinker's blueprint insole)... see a pattern? all older models
ohwell.gif

and thats the hardest part that I've gone through. Other than the '08 zoom tennis trainers, a '06 sc HIGH black/grey, an '05 trainer max 94,and an '05 trainer IIII grey, every other shoe predates 2005, the year I got heavily into this. so its pretty much been years of catchup. thats just 4 of50. the real trend i've found is, nike's recent retros have sucked pretty bad so one literally has to go back a few years to find anything decent.

eeBS7eez, trainer IIIshave run a bit small in the past due to their plastic forefoot, but the newer retros dont have plastic, so I'm assuming 1/2 size up to be safe, or they mayfit true to size. SC HIGHs fit true to size. AT1s run a bit small in the toebox area for many people. I get by just fine with my narrow fit, but if you'refeet are wide, i would go up a full size. you could of course always just post here asking about a particular model and we'll help you out.

-------------------------------------------------
Here is one of Nike's failed attempts at some rebirths. During fall 05 and or 06 ( cant remember off hand right now) samples came out of a trainer max'91 rebirth and a TRAINER SC high rebirth. Neither model ever saw the light of day release wise.. Respectfully so. I take it Tinker only had something todo with the zoom trainer and its modest popularity. And with Nike seemingly running out of ideas, why not throw out rebirths of other trainer models

Trainer max 91 Restoration:
1c4355f243926adfc24bc28cbe6de8b89a3f9bc.pjpg
34815b486ac0c9b3617eaeafd77070c45d2f790.pjpg

Trainer MAX SC restoration:
727355a94bca685dc90bc41fbb0f7b62ebd4717.jpg

819357c647b165acca03c515b5a6f4def30dc19.jpg

After 15-20 years, thats the best they could come up with?? I'm glad they were scrapped but its still a piece of nike cross training history i thought Iwould share.. The good and the bad, this just two ideas of the bad

Thanks wallyhopp, right now i'm looking for my first pair, and i think it might be just a pair of sb trainer 1's. also, i hunted down a pair ofsavier's, so let me know how the sizing is on those too. btw, i have a pretty narrow foot too, never had a problem with widths. Thanks TrainFam
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom