TEAM AIR TRAINER

I had to rock the MacEnroes today, turned a few heads which was nice.

Tell me more about these saviors from Australia....details, i want details...

tronics.urbanfreelow in the team vintage heat thread posted up some comparison shots of the tw II 1988s and the recent retro.. now I give nike extreme creditand phrase for getting the shape and most of the details right, but the actual retro release?

2421582374_10260d5da4_o.jpg

2420768179_6f5da26854_o.jpg

2421583252_aacf6b2a2b_o.jpg

2420769895_100b722f96_o.jpg

2421582826_2edb20fc04_o.jpg

2421583610_da8030e178_o.jpg

2420768589_304450fb17_o.jpg

2421581904_b39fb7f026_o.jpg

2421581026_0163d5daa6_o.jpg

2421583054_1eb2a1bd3d_o.jpg

Bonjour all!

Here are some AT 1 from my collec, more to come!
I got to update that and take some other pics.

2000 Varsity Red

Size

Shima Shima Navy

Energy Pack

Huf Gold Digger SB

Bamboo SB

Python

P.Brown SB

Plaid series Twisted

Safari Co JP

Low Premium

Neon Euro release

2000 Chloro

Book of one's

French Bonus...

PAIX!!

Looks like this the Team Trainer is coming along nicely.

Modzzilla wrote:
Yep, Air Trainer 2 SB. SOme hate them, i like the jordan 4 cw.

But yeah, I'm one of them... I hate the TW Supreme SB's... Like Wally said, Nike can put as much patent leather, 3M, elephant print, and all thatnonsense on the retros as they want, as long as they properly retro the OG colorways first. And I'm not just talking about the Trainers... nike retros ingeneral.

Yeah, I'm probably overreacting, but I'm quite certain Wally and I aren't the only ones that feel that way.

^^^^
arent those just a nike air trainer. Basically the shoe that evolved into the official trainer 1?

plenty of props to go around. some of yall are making shoes I passed up look oh so pretty. Thanks for that lol

I love this sort of participation.

This will inevitably be a long post so here I go.

eeBS, those are an '88 "Air Cross Trainer High"... I found this on flickr recently:
3268766931_1df8cf3b47.jpg

In the other air trainer III thread in nike retro , we sorta went off topic identifying a pair.

2d0atfo.jpg

1988 nike air cross trainer LOW

essentially the only difference is the cut and the lacelock on the top of the HIGH is that of the jordan III, but in reverse. the low just features the basictwo hole configuration.

other photos of the lows and highs while we're at it:
9c9258b4a6667c0ecffb162ebb95af4a4fda75c.pjpg

internet pic:
9d_1.jpg

low from internet:
blacktrainer.jpg

from team vintage heat thread: irockTMAC's pair:
img3639cy5.jpg

img3638xm0.jpg

women's pair:
img3645xq1.jpg

High/Low Catalog scan:

00625b14286d7ca8c44be0f2c64a5fa063a2239.jpg

Catalog scan showing the AIR CT's and the NON air counterpart:
59b25594296d8c35c22bbbdbdbdc875d40a8acf.jpg

Essentially there were different price points, or tiers of shoes at different levels. AT1 (chlorophyll) was the signature model at the maximum price point.From there, a AIR cross trainer followed a lower price point, and then a non air counterpart.

The variety of models that all seemingly look alike ranges in the 50 to 60 range for the late 80s and early 90s.. Confusing times.

roll.gif
yes I save alot of photos.. it helps immensely

I got another post full of pictures coming up tomorrow once this reaches a new page.

Always loved Trainers. Only pair I ever really really wanted & didn't cop were the Huf Golddiggers.

I remember when some of those above released. My dad coaches bball & I remember sitting @ the gym w/him and some of the other coaches as the Nike man cameto drop some pairs.

that chlorophyll cross trainer high just became my grail. nicest looking i've seen. it helps a ton having all these photo's as reference, i'm surelots of id's would have become impossible.

damn, some serious heat in this thread. Wally Hoop and WatH are holding it down. All the Savier Trainers posted here are great too, I can't believe that Iskated and ruined two pairs back in the early 2000s. Would kill for a pair in good condition these days. Here's my small contribution:

new page.. new info:

some of yall may have read my blog entries about the origins of nike trainers as well the 2004 zoom trainer 1 restoration project. I wanted to expand alittlebit on those topics.

Part 1:
http://www.sneakerplay.com/blog/wallyhopp/9593/

Part 2:
http://www.sneakerplay.com/blog/wallyhopp/9600/

I mention a website in the first link which is a nikelab website informing consumers about the then latest cross trainer, the 2004 zoom trainer 1. The flashpages go in depth about the origins of the air trainer high, what COULD be improved, and lastly how the new zoom trainer compares in features and quality...Tons of photos, video, and just overall knowledge to be gained for those interested.

http://krysanthemum.com/n...ndex.html?loc=restoration

2poywid.jpg

Featured on one of the pages was a flash segment showing individual "photos, layouts, and inspiration that set the Restoration project in motion".Icompiled them all together in a mosaic fashion below:
au6u5f.jpg

All this info right here just set my expectations so high with Nike. 2004 was about the time I really got interested in trainers thanks in large part to thenikelab website informing and giving me something more than just a SHOE. I loved the thought process, innovation, and just candid look inside the shoes. Itmade it seem personal.

Just wondering, do consumers not care about this sort of thing anymore? Are shoes just shoes? "just give me the damn shoes already" type mindset.Does Nike not have to car? Call me an information +%#%* if you will
laugh.gif
.nothing wrong with either type.

Lastly some more info:

http://www.nike.com/speed/genealogy/home.html
Another flash website. This one features the Air Trainer 1987 among many other nike models. Featuring a good amount of info.

Here are the photos taken from the air trainer flash section:

58_image1.jpg

58_image2.jpg

58_image3.jpg

58_largeimage4.jpg

58_largeimage5.jpg

58_image6.jpg

58_image7.jpg

58_image8.jpg

58_image9.jpg

58_image10.jpg

58_image11.jpg

58_image12.jpg

58_image13.jpg

58_image14.jpg

good read, and the more i see the at1 low's the more i want them, along with the cross trainer high's.

good read, and the more i see the at1 low's the more i want them, along with the cross trainer high's.

WOW I love this thread. Some much knowledge being dropped. The first air trainer's that I noticed and bought were the black supreme ATII's. If I hadonly seen The ATI before I made the purchase, I would have probably bought 2 pairs of ATI's instead of one shoe. Oh well, I gotta wait till I get a job tostart buying ATI's now, and this thread helps out a lot.

whoa bubba, i know you don't have too many shoes in a size10-10.5, i hope those aren't one of them, i'd be mad. clean clean.

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

whoa bubba, i know you don't have too many shoes in a size10-10.5, i hope those aren't one of them, i'd be mad. clean clean.
theres a lot more to come sir. it will take atleast another 18 months.

Back
Top Bottom