TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by tak

You guys threw me off track for a second with all that SJ nonsense.... You do know that there's a thread for those rite?
laugh.gif
Just playing, had too let loose on a little sarcasm..
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by tak

You guys threw me off track for a second with all that SJ nonsense.... You do know that there's a thread for those rite?
laugh.gif
Just playing, had too let loose on a little sarcasm..
ohwell.gif
Ok I admit that was terrible.....sorry FAM

Originally Posted by blakperl

finally pulled the trigger on my id's. Hope they turn out good.
you go with the Pink swoosh?

Mike its' all good fam
laugh.gif
this is the AM Fam

What up FAM!!!

All PM's replied to. i'll keep everyone posted.

Mike- thanks for the heads-up....looks like I was a bit late again. damn.

-Andrew-

Originally Posted by trakalot

love this thread! it made me get rid of dunks to replace them with am's

[looks at screen name]
eyes.gif
tired.gif
frown.gif
laugh.gif
[/looks at screen name]

Spoiler [+]
I like dunks still
nerd.gif

*runs away*

quick question you guys might be able to help me with...

i usually rock asics at the gym, but i got this pair of tailwinds i don't care about beating up, and i'm about to start going in a lot harder on cardiofor the new year... these any good for running?

am9202.jpg

Originally Posted by Dunks206

Sup guys...
I am confused about something... Anybody use any of the am90 currents to work out in? I have the dqm hurache currents, and they are one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I ever worn... I don't want to work out in them, and I am in need of new workout shoes... I was thinking of either the flywire am90's or the am90 currents (Kevin Lyons)... I was even considering both pairs, but I don't know... Anybody know which one is better?
I work out in the flywire AM90s and they are by far the best shoes I have ever used...I would be careful running in them unless you have a littlebit of a taller sock to cover your heel or the hard plastic will leave a nice blister. Stick to your good NBs if you plan to log miles of jogging....if not,these work great for eliptical, stairs, etc...

4139700834_997e886017_o.jpg

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

quick question you guys might be able to help me with...

i usually rock asics at the gym, but i got this pair of tailwinds i don't care about beating up, and i'm about to start going in a lot harder on cardio for the new year... these any good for running?

am9202.jpg
I highly highly doubt those are good for running....invest in a good pair of NB or Asics if you plan to log some serious miles...don't hurtyourself.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Originally Posted by larrivee7
awesome man, thanks so much for posting the eastbay. I just think it's crazy how we both basically found these 2 pairs at the same time, both restored them at the same time (roughly) and then you have the ad with both. couldn't have worked out much better, lol. and canyon gold is more yellow on other nikes that I have, it really looks orange on these.

as for the 94's, I'm not sure, it seems like they'd be OK, but I do remember seeing a pair crumble in here, I can't remember who had 'em...

No problem, glad I could help. I wish I had all my old Eastbays, but a lot got thrown out at different points. I've still got a couple gems, though, likethat one from '96. I'll try to post some more pics when I get a chance if anybody would find them interesting (I know I do, haha).

And it is funny about the timing of our pickups, that's what I thought too
laugh.gif
. Especially since TW 96's don't even pop up very often.
Be sure to post pics if you wear the 94s
nerd.gif

Have a good one fellas
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by denverairforce

I never got around to sharing these. big thanks to Shaun for the heads up on these a while back.

Air Max '94

I'm thinking of possibly attempting to seaglow the bubbles one day and see if that works. otherwise, they're in pretty good condition. some cracking on the white leather but the everything else is clean.

These burst are badass! Look just like the Air Trainer Max of the Same Year. Oh how I miss those days.
frown.gif

Proto- I run alot I use professional running shoes. The shoes are made different than you average shoe. From the insole to the sole itself. Width and archsupport. I highly suggest that if you don't want to run into back problems or achy feet you use real running shoes. They might be ugly but they are fittedto your feet depending on what surface you're running on and how long your runs will usually last. Also your arch. Buy some insoles as well. In the AirForce we run alot in our squadron so we have a computer we step on that takes a map of our foot and gives suggestions on what shoes will fit us best.They're expensive but well worth it (the shoes)

^I've always wanted to try one of those computer running machines to see which shoes are best for me, but they don't seem to be easily accessible.

Is there an easy way to determine the best shoe for you minus the high tech equipment? (I suppose I can Google the info, so disregard if you feel I'm beinglazy
laugh.gif
).

Anyone in here swoop those size 10 spiridons from 97 off the auction site? I almost picked them up last night, but was afraid they wouldnt hold up.

Anywho, my newest pick up from last week.

S-Dub, I did the pink Swoosh, thanx to you all that helped out. I like the drunk heinys you got goin on and I'm curious like RL about the sole.

Proto-I agree with everbody on here as far as running shoes. In highschool and college I always ran in Nike because as far as looks were concerned Nike wastha best looking. In my freshman year of college I ran in anything Nike and them damn Reebok Instapump Fury's. After I developed knee problems during mysophomore, I wised up and moved moved on to wearing Asics, Mizuno(for narrow feet), Adidas & Saucony. I prefer Asics or Mizuno though. To me Nike doesnot make good running shoes and I base that off my personal experience. Now they're flashy and all but as far as comfort, I gotta pass. My sprint spikeswere always Nike because they had the most loud colors and with sprinting it's all about attitude & confidence.

Running already bangs your kness out ( living proof here ) and with a sorry shoe that's not really cut for it will only speed up the process and causeproblems. It's a love & hate with Nike running shoes. I love the way they look and always remind myself "these shoes really aren't forrunning but damn they look good and I'm only walking in them, not running." I can always find reasons for justifying why I buy shoes.

Proto, thanx for giving me a reason to vent and ramble on.

Five30- if there's an athletes foot by your place go check them out. Adidas is also a great running shoe.

I run in a Nike Moto 6 if that matters at all. Blak- yea man in basic I used to rub in a sacouny and they were great do me. My next investment is an asicsrunning shoe.

Proto J - I might also suggest hitting up a New Balance store if they have one in your area, you can have them evaluate your stride and figure out what type ofrunning shoe is best for you. we are all so different that one person's perfect shoe could be all wrong for the next person. I consistently hear that NBand Asics make the best running shoes overall.

El Bro - thanks, they are actually Air Max 94's, not bursts. same midsole, different upper. that midsole was used first on the air max 93 I believe, thenthe 94, then the burst and wmns/GS air max 95's. it is one of my favorite air max midsoles of all time! too bad they don't look like they used to...recent retros with that midsole are pretty sad.

what up fam! hope everyone is gearing up for a happy holiday season. and hope you northeasterners are able to make your commutes safely. I lived in NH for 3years while attending grad school so I am familiar with how difficult it can be. but maybe not as difficult as dealing with Portland drivers when it snows....many truely nave no clue. anyhow I digress.
Mithcell/gswarriorz - I am little late and you probably don't need it but you get my stamp of approval as well. butjust curious, what size do you wear (I didn't see it in your 'app')
denver - nice pickup on those 94s. that rear air unit got me
eek.gif

s dubl - you had asked about the elephant print on the AM90 iDs currently up. it is indeed 'stamped' on andnot just printed. overall they are nice quality but do fit a tad small. that and they smell awful, like glue. had me wondering if iDs in general need morecuring time before wearing and/or if wearing them right away would affect their lifespan.
anyhow just wanted to say howdy to the best set of dudes in the sneaker community!
PEAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom