TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A-here we go, a-here we go.

Hey guys, my name is Dickson.
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

I've been really into AMs since I was a little guy, trying to beg my parents to buy me the '99 Grey/Orange Air Max '95s, which hasn't happenedyet. A few years later, I finally found a pair of Air Max 95s on the sale racks, although not the same colorway, but my parents decided to get them for me! Icould not say how ecstatic I was at the moment, I was feeling like I was the freshest kid around. After getting my first pair of Air Maxes, they were just socomfortable, with the air flowing through the mesh (not really the same anymore) and such a nice bounce to your step. I guess the main reason why I'mreally into this is because they're just so comfortable that I can't get out of it. With all that said (
roll.gif
not really a huge block of text I guess), here comes the (small) collection!

This little Virtue Gundam will have to do as my tag, I couldn't do much better. (Only a decent camera.)

devil.gif

Couldn't get a decent pic of those, so I'll just let you see all my attempt.

Well, thanks for reading.
embarassed.gif

Hey Fam i need your help! You know i helped alot of you guys out on the structures early and for retail so i just ask this favor of you:

Dear air max fans: i know i haven't been dropping much info lately but thats because things are moving very slowly right now andthere is no big release yet, although there is a chance of infrareds coming out again in august but i have no pics... ANYHOW: After being so utterlydisappointed when the mesh and suede options never returned to id last month i went into a bit of depression/realization that i may never have the chance to idmy own airmaxes with the HOA colors ever! i stupidly slept til i had money but the day i got paid was they day they were gone... so heres the steps all shouldfollow if you want to see a change:
1. Go to
www.niketown.com ornikeid.com
2. press customer service
3. press live chat
4. chat about nike id
5. tell your agent/rep you would like your message to be forwarded to the feedback department
6. You(NT'er) would like to see the airmax line of sneakers return to nike id with the same colors and materials from when the history of the air campaignwas going on
7. emphasize that you intend on buying many pairs if something happens.

The word is that their feedback is looked over very closely each month and the more buzz and request the realer a chance it can be that they will return. Soplease take those steps to receiving the airmaxes back again on nikeid so we can all get our airmax fix on while instead of waiting and passing on unnecessarycolorways and leather and use the best of mesh and suede to the best of our ability!
I hope you guys can give back to the community on these as i do for information. It would really make my year if these came back.
Thank You!
-Drew

^ I am on it!!!

Speaking of IDs... another "Air Max" day in the GTA... my reverse infrareds today (CrisOne inspired
happy.gif
)
313549099.jpg

^^^ Good day JDocs my GTA brother
laugh.gif
... kinda on the outskirts myself inOakville... Cheers!!!

Originally Posted by Seb Master Arson

sup guys,
James I actually laughed about that joke
wink.gif
frown.gif
laugh.gif

Jon welcome to fam buddy
wink.gif
(actualy I thought you´re allready part)
nice story also ... and that wonderfull vintage picture
smokin.gif

Ali wonderfull restoration man

Allright guys I got some bad news for ya
I wore my Lime/Spruce 90s this weekend, and that´s the outcome ....
37025f0e1b3d8d259f5427a84a17c8cd9c38ef0.pjpg

mad.gif
smh.gif
mad.gif
... I wore them about 10 hours.
f$ck it I´ll wear them and then restore them

awww mannnnn.......i did NOT need to see this!
mad.gif
more money down thedrain!

dope stuff in here
pimp.gif

JDM - youve got my "stamp" .. consistent poster and you seem like a friendly enough person haha.. also nice bursts and 95s
pimp.gif

ali23 - Oakville is sweet.. tons of hot girls out there.. its weird because its like the middle of no where (no offence
laugh.gif
)

Nice 1999 AM95 Neons, JDM...my brother has those too but the midsole on one of the shoes cracked
frown.gif
... now he uses the insoles on his Timbs

For all this time I thought you were already on the Fam
laugh.gif

me and the wife rotations

Caroline

me

great weather aswell here...no shorts yet...but maybe sunday...17c! woohooo
laugh.gif

Laune , doesnt that pic make u wanna come back?!

dope rotation pics mic, both you and caroline stayin fresh
pimp.gif
.. and that pic of the boat brought me right back to A-Dam
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
such a dope place

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Nice 1999 AM95 Neons, JDM...my brother has those too but the midsole on one of the shoes cracked
frown.gif
... now he uses the insoles on his Timbs

For all this time I thought you were already on the Fam
laugh.gif

Thanks for the positive comment, they're actually Antifreezes, not Neons.
JDM - youve got my "stamp" .. consistent poster and you seem like a friendly enough person haha.. also nice bursts and 95s
pimp.gif

Thank you!

Damn Mic, I wanna go to Amsterdam! Wanna trade places?

You're right...I guess I was too fixated on the neon swoosh to see what the rest of the shoe looked like (
smh.gif
at me )

I have some pick-ups on the way within the next week or so. I think you're all gonna like the way they look.

58735e936083c54f58f4865864fd63ef9109f3f.jpg

I guarantee it.

Well, I finally got a chance to take pics of all my air maxes and running shoes. Hope I can be part of the family now.

Here is a quote of my story I posted a while back.
Originally Posted by El Bro

Thanks, do you think its worth paying 299 for them, then chancing wearing them?

And since I just realized I need to write a paragraph to be in the Family, here it is:

My passion for Air Maxes actually originated from my love for the Jordan IV in the 3rd grade. At that point in time I became mesmerized with the air bubble, and how awesome it looked. From there as you know, the air bubble kept evolving and getting bigger. It wasnt until my freshmen year in high school that I really noticed the air Max, since prior to that I was so obsessed with shoes from the air force max, air max CW/sensation and pretty much anything basketball related. One of the seniors walked by me with what I interpreted as a pair of grey/ neon green Nike running shoes. I thought they looked so awesome with the big air bubbles in the back and the air units up front. But at that time I didnt know what they were, and it took me a long while to finally realized their name. Finally after all my barkleys, nike basketball shoes, and penny II's, I bought a pair of White/Green Air Max TL Air's the summer before my senior year, and I absolutely loved them ( They are posted on the page before this). As a typical young man, I proceeded to wear the ever living daylights out of those shoes, because of the comfort, and ran them to the ground. It wasnt until last year that I found a fresh wearable pair and bought them. Since that point in high school, I loved the Air max 97, 95, burst and many others. What I loved most about Air Maxes were that they lived true to their name, and all there shoes used the maximum air for the maximum comfort. I also love these shoes because they can be worn with just about anything, and look best with shorts, which is how I mostly rock them. All my Air Maxes have the old air units, with exception to my 360's, as I refuse to accept the new units, because it defeats the purpose of the name Air Max. The only shoe that I can say im happy with visually as far as the midsole and air bubbles go, is the Air Max I. That midsole and air bubble still look pretty much the same as 2003 and before. Sorry for the long read, but these are my feelings towards the great air max line, and I will post pictures of what I own in the next week or so.
On to the shoes.
happy.gif

The ltds looked so much better with this air unit.

If anybody has a pair of these DS or NDS in a sz 10, let me know.

My first and only pair of ID's

03 Infrareds, one of my favorites

02 Neons

04 Neons

My favorite 3

Group Shot

Now here are some comparison pics of the 02 and 04 Neon 95's. I never realized how much greener the 02's are than the 04's until they were in myhands.

02 on the left 04 on the right

04 on the left 02 on the right

El Bro, thanks for posting the pics. There is another site that did the same thing you did, comparing the '02 and '04 Neons.

http://www.rareairshoes.com/Running/Running Pages/Air_Max_95_Retro_Grey_Green_2002_V_2004.htm

Nike stopped putting the PSI on the bottoms in '02, yet still kept the same design until '04, which is what the bottoms of Air Max 95s look like now.

My bro has those same Air Max Limiteds and you are right about how the old air unit looked so much better.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

El Bro, thanks for posting the pics. There is another site that did the same thing you did, comparing the '02 and '04 Neons.

http://www.rareairshoes.com/Running/Running Pages/Air_Max_95_Retro_Grey_Green_2002_V_2004.htm

Nike stopped putting the PSI on the bottoms in '02, yet still kept the same design until '04, which is what the bottoms of Air Max 95s look like now.

My bro has those same Air Max Limiteds and you are right about how the old air unit looked so much better.
Yeah, I didnt like how Rareairshoes did the comparison pics, so I made some more. Im just glad they kept the bigger air units in 04, cause I cantstand and will not buy any new ones. Im still looking for the 05 Grey/Varsity Red. I think the Grey/Varsity Red was one of the last 95's with the biggerair units.

Originally Posted by SelectaClutchStar

El Bro, good looks on the Neon 95's. Need those again in my life.

Thanks. I recently sold a pair of vnds 04 neons in excellent condition, and regretted alot. I wouldve had 3 pairs.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JDMFanatic

El Bro, your collection beats the snot out of mine. Sweet Neons, I miss out on too many shoes for cheap.

mad.gif
grin.gif
pimp.gif

Thanks JDM. They cost me a little bit of money, but were shoes that I really wanted, and actually planned to wear.
happy.gif

Mic: Sweet Rotation and even better Safari's
El Bro: Lovely neons... I'm having to make do with HOA '05's

Latest pick up: HOA laser 93's, pictured with 03 limes and my 03 orange/purple beaters (In my opinion some of the freshest CW's ever released). Thedifference in the air bubble between the 03 releases and the HOA's however is unfortunately
frown.gif
. All i need now are some 93 grape's in my life....

74e16b1d73a8bf397e4b3526095bb8b53f32b3ec.pjpg

Cris dope pic as always and I really like that lace flip.

Jranasaurus - Excellent line up of 93s and good luck on your search for the grapes...such a sick shoe.

Have a great day fam!

jranasauras: niiiice. i'm feelin that orange/purple cw. dope.

wore pet cemetaries today.

Consider this my application for the fam

Ive been a long time follower of this thread but i never felt as though i had enough pairs to compare to some dudes here. Ive only been collecting AM's forlittle over a year now but my love for them has been much longer. I got my first pair of Am's when i was 11 they were a pair of Hyper blue pluses i boughtfrom a Nike outlet in Lancaster. I wore them every single day because i loved them so much. They were plenty beat in a year or so when i had them stolen out ofmy locker at a pee wee wrestling tournament. Heartbroken from losing my favorite sneaks i didnt really get many pairs of Nikes for awhile mostly sticking toskateboarding sneakers. Then when i finally got my own job when i was 16 i started going insane buying all the sneakers i couldnt afford when i was younger. Imostly bought dunks and the few pairs of sb's i have when i re kindled my love for air max's by scoping out this and other runner threads. I rememberdhow great Air max's were and how comfortable they were. Here's my small collection thus far. Ive been gradually picking up every pair i could on mytight budget. I go to college and work the weekends as a bus boy. All the extra money i get goes towards running shoes. You cant really tell from my collectionbut im obssessed with air 180's though i dont come around too many pairs in my size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom