TEAM AM FAM SINCE 2006

IDs almost look shima-esque. Look nice!

Andrew.... Damn I wish I went after a pair of those. Nice pic.

Lemon... Clean slates!

JD... Nice 90s. Women's cw right?

/mini roll call... Good stuff from everyone!

Peace Fam, future Fam, and anyone else!

Last snag for the month. Thanks to Corgi!

Solid pics everyone!
Congrats HiGuy! Blessing to you and your little family!

RPreme - storms looking good. Hope they don't tear anytime soon
Aneks - dope IDs!
Slingman - women CW always goes hard
JDB - haven't seen those in a while! Looking good
Lemon - very nice shot, again with the simplicity
Tak - solid pick up bro and nice wear on that recent page! Corgi got shoes for days and never disappoints. Well for me he doesn't.

Nice pickup Tak. I love my pair that I got off of him. They sat and no one wanted them. So he asked if I wanted them for the low.

Nice wears everyone.

Sling-- those wmns 95's look great. Nice cw on those.

BIP roberts : thanks for the insight

jaydebreeze : i love those 90s. i remember sleeping on those :frown:

airmaxsyndicate : thanks for the clarification. i had never seen those before. quality looks on point.

tak : nice pickup. i love that sail toe.

Thanks all. The storms are holding up. Hopefully they last another wear or two, but the unit doesn't look so promising. But we shall see. 

Bside- Very nice Sertig 90's. I haven't seen those in a while. 

Slingman- Always coming through with the awesome colored 95's 
nthat.gif

Cleveland222- Thanks Andrew. They are 1995 Nike air Windrunner's. USA Track and Field editions. The Comfort on those are similar to the Huarache Lights. Its gotta be the Pylon midsole.. 

Tak- Nice wear, and pickup on those 03's. Hope the separation isn't so bad on the corns. 

Jaydee- Awesome 90's. Love the color fade contrast 

Lemon- Very nice Slates! Are those the Sz.11 B grades that were on ebay? non the less. Awesome!! 

Aneks- Very clean ID's. 

Last edited:
Bside- yeah ...I feel I got a decent deal for under $100

Thanks fellas

Today

I know I am nowhere near the knowledge of some of you when it comes to Air Max but I'd appreciate any feedback on this I wrote today:
http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2013/01/25-things-you-didnt-know-about-the-air-max-1/

I know some of you probably may have seen Airon post it on FB as well.

Let me know what you guys think

Good read.

For anybody who is interested and hasn't already read it, "Swoosh: The Corporate History of Nike" has a good amount of detail in it from the design, marketing, and internal reactions to this sneaker. The book is a great read for a million other reasons, but it's particularly relevant here.

Also, you reference that Nike played "Revolution" in the market for these sneakers. I don't remember that, but I do remember that they used t in the marketing of the the Air Revolution. Fun fact about that is that the Beatles were very upset about this, basically complaining - and rightly so - that marketing athletic shoes was about as antithetical to that song's essence and message as it could get. (Hey, Reagan wanted to use Born in the USA as a campaign song, so corporate execs understanding the soul of music was never a strongsuit!) Anyway - unfortunately, for the Beatles, they did not have control of the masters to most of their catalog, so it wasn't up to them to decide whether to sell the rights. The rights were owned by Michael Jackson, who had been advised that rights to successful music were a good place in which to invest his money. So, Nike bought the rights to the Beatles songs used in their promotions from Michael Jackson.

Last edited:
Thanks! I've actually tried to get the dollar amount they paid for other pieces I've written but nobody wants to give that up. Swoosh is a great read, one of my favorites.

Awesome read, thanks for sharing

Nice pick up Tak, and wear.

Also Marcus, great HOA's

UNBELIEVABLE.......Its KINGWONDER!?

Roy,

You still have interest in this TEAM we call AMFAM?

Women's "vintage" AF1s are up on FNL. I grabbed a pair of the sail/birch/barely greens. Had some WC points that were about to expire and these were as good as anything on which to spend them. They'll probably wind up going on sale, but I think the bigger sizes that men will snap up will probably go before the markdowns come.

Back
Top Bottom