Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to see journey in here lol.

My laptop crapped out on me. Motherboard issues so I rarely get a chance to post. Oh well,

Haste The Day
Wintersun
Apocalyptica

Got a funny story for you guys. I went to pick up my sister at her middle school and I like to blast the music loud not to loud but loud enough to over ridethe rap music so I decided to put on Accepts Breaker and as I was waiting for her that song Son of a $#%@! comes on. So right away her Vice Prinicpal wasabout to approach the car but by then my sister had gotten in. The funny thing is there was a line of cars so I was still around the school but I was too farfor him to run and tell me to the lower the music but he usually goes up to cars if they are playing music he feels is unappropriate.

LOL I used to do that when I was in high school. I had a great system back then too. Nothing better having people stare at you like you're the devilincarnate haha. Then the next day bumping Mitchy Slick or The Game hahaha.

Today:
Venom
Megadeth
Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster

Megadeth- United Abominations
Agent Steel- Skeptics Apocalypse
Corrosion of Conformity- Animosity
Metal Church- Blessing in Disguise

This chick...

...some Metallica and some tolerated Pantera helping me to bed tonight/this morning.

If you like metal chick groups try Cycle Sluts from Hell and Girl School. They are not as heavy as straightline but they are awesome.

i went to the no fear energy tour last night

not bad, i kinda lowered my expectations though thinking it might suck

before the concert i went to a children of bodom meet and greet at local guitar shop. i was waiting in line for like, an hour and a half just to get anauto. they didnt even let anyone take pictures since there were so many people in line. oh well. they are one of my favorite newer bands so whatever. i justwished alexi a happy belated birthday and was out.

onto the concert. god forbid wasnt bad. being a younger crowd, alot of people were fans i guess. they got alot of support. im not a fan, but theyre ok in mybooks

next. i was pretty stoked to see waste. too bad everyone around me wasnt. the floor was packed, but by the time guardrail opened him mouth everyone startedleaving or shaking their heads. a lot of tools the crowd. once they realized that waste doesnt scream, they start bashing. clean vocals > harsh vocals by aMILE. the pit was so-so, but i guess thats what you get when everyone is standing around clueless. setlist was
pimp.gif
. played some of my favorites. i guess thats the good thing about their songsbeing so short. they can pack alot of tracks in such little time on stage

as i lay dying i didnt care too much about heading into tonight. they pretty decent actually. im not sure if it was enough to make me start listening tothem, but im open to suggestions if anyone has any. lot of energy in the crowd. i would of rather had suicidal tendencies like the first 5 tour dates.

bodom was themselves as usual. much better setlist than last year. pretty glad they are co headlining the canadian dates

i didnt stay for headliner lamb of god. i didnt even attend their auto signings earlier in the day. theyre good, but get kinda boring imo. all i wanted to seewas mw and bodom so i was satisfied

i dont know if anyone is going to read this long review but w/e. all in all a decent evening. i got some nice *@* waste shirts for my little brother and i,plus quite possibly the dopest bodom shirt ive ever seen.

Sounds like you had a decent time man. By the way take some pics of those shirts man.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

going to see metallica on 11/15 in Madison Square Garden

garbage seats, but I am excited as hell
Awesome dude me to. I'm going to see them on 10/28 in San Antonio, My seats are good. There no pit tickets but its close to it.

Physicx sounds like you had a good time; I wouldnt mind going to the no fear tour.

As far as As I Lay Dying, they are one of my favorite bands. They are from San Diego (where im at) and their live shows are absolutely bananas. But Irecommened their albums "Frail Words Collapse" and my all time favorite from them "Shadows Are Security" Good tunes to start with are"Forever" and "Elegy" from FWC and from SAS "Confined" "The Darkest Nights" and "Through Struggle" the lasttwo songs are magic in hardcore.

Anyways,
As I Lay Dying
Death
Burzum

today

Cave In - Beyond Hypothermia (early Cave In was ****)
There Were Wires - S/T
Murphys Law - S/T / Back With A Bong
100 Demons - S/T

IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Apr. 15, 2009

"Iron Maiden: Flight 666", the feature-length documentary film which follows the IRON MAIDEN bandmembers on the first leg of their "Somewhere Back In Time World Tour" in February and March of 2008, will be released on extended Blu-ray and DVD formats, alongside a double-CD soundtrack album and limited edition double-vinyl picture disc. It will be available Monday, May 25 on EMI Records in Europe, and Tuesday, June 9 on EMI Records Canada and UMe in the USA.
For "Iron Maiden: Flight 666", IRON MAIDEN was accompanied everywhere by award-winning documentary makers Banger Productions from Toronto in Canada, who have received international critical acclaim for their previous movies "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" and recently "Global Metal". Producer/presenter Sam Dunn and his team bring an intimate, behind-the-scenes view of this remarkable journey, with a close look at the logistics involved and following Team Maiden in the cockpit, on the plane and on and offstage, getting to the heart of this global adventure of a band that has very rarely even let cameras backstage before.

Shot in high definition and with superb 5.1 surround sound, mixed by the band's producer Kevin "Caveman" Shirley, "Flight 666" brings to the screen all the drama, excitement and hysteria that followed the band around the world every time Ed Force One (the band's plane) touched down in a new country. The film documents the intensity of the punishing show schedules, the struggle with the time zones, the pressures of ensuring that every performance matched the energy of the many thousands of ecstatic and expectant fans from many cultural backgrounds, unusual angles from the spectacular shows... and, of course, the fun had on the way!

A special international "Iron Maiden Day" is being planned for April 21 with simultaneous showings of "Iron Maiden: Flight 666" in selected digital cinemas around the world.

As a very special bonus for the fans, MAIDEN has included a second disc of the entire set from the 2008 segment of this tour with the DVD (and as a long-play Blu-ray). Sixteen songs from sixteen different cities in eleven countries around the world, for the first time ever encompassing such varied places and cultures in one concert. (See full track listing below). In addition to a standard double DVD, EMI will release a special souvenir limited-edition deluxe DVD with 30-page booklet. The soundtrack audio version of the live show will be available on two CDs, as a limited-edition vinyl set with two picture discs, and a digital download especially for those fans who do not have DVD access or just want to enjoy the show as a great live album. All are lavishly packaged as an ultimate memento of a tour to remember!

To recognize the global phenomenon of MAIDEN, the Blu-ray/DVD are also subtitled in Hindi, Japanese, Dutch, German, Spanish, Brazilian, French, Italian, Portuguese and Swedish.

Comments band manager Rod Smallwood; "It's been a mammoth undertaking. From the first twinkle in Bruce's eye it's taken about three years to put band, crew and equipment in a giant flying 'splitter bus', to go through all the long and tiresome prep and safety regulations and planning, to the actual filming and of the tour itself, through to post production and right up to putting together all these items in the very best quality possible for our fans."

"It's great that with Maiden Day on Tuesday April 21, we can give our fans the opportunity of seeing this digitally on big screen in Hi Def with the full-on 5.1 sound experience with other fans around them. It was also very rewarding that it has won the prestigious SXSW Film Festival Award for Best Music Documentary.

"The 'Somewhere Back in Time Tour' reached almost 2 million fans in 39 countries and, if there is one thing l know from managing MAIDEN all these years, it's that our fans are not happy to wait too long, so we are delighted that EMI (Ume USA) are rush-releasing the DVD. This closes the chapter on an absolutely brilliant experience delving into the past for the band, myself and my team, the crew and hopefully all of you fans out there. After the summer and some deserved time off, we will concentrate on the 'new,' with the band starting to put together material for a brand new studio album due sometime later in 2010. And, of course, after that we will look forward to seeing all our fans again!!"

The film "Flight 666" is being released in the following manner:

* Long-play Blu-ray with "Flight 666: The Film" and "Flight 666: The Concert" (215 minutes)

* Double DVD

- Disc One: "Flight 666: The Film" (112 minutes)
- Disc Two: "Flight 666: The Concert" (104 minutes)

* Plus limited-edition deluxe double DVD of the above with special packaging and 30-page booklet

* "Flight 666: The Original Soundtrack" album - Double CD*

* "Flight 666: The Original Soundtrack" album - Limited Edition Double Vinyl Picture Disc

Full track listing for the bonus concert footage on DVD and Blu-ray, plus the double Live Soundtrack CD

CD 1:

01. Aces High
Bandra Kurla Complex/Mumbai, India
February 1, 2008
02. 2 Minutes To Midnight
Rod Laver Arena/Melbourne, Australia
February 7, 2008
03. Revelations
Acer Arena/Sydney, Australia
February 9, 2008
04. The Trooper
Makuhari Messe/Tokyo, Japan
February 16, 2008
05. Wasted Years
Arena Monterrey/Monterrey, Mexico
February 22, 2008
06. The Number Of The Beast
The Forum/Los Angeles, USA
February 19, 2008
07. Can I Play With Madness
Foro Sol/Mexico City, Mexico
February 24, 2008
08. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Izod Center/New Jersey, USA
March 14, 2008

CD 2:

01. Powerslave
Saprissa Stadium/San Jose, Costa Rica
February 26, 2008
02. Heaven Can Wait
Palmeiras Stadium/Sao Paulo, Brazil
March 2, 2008
03. Run To The Hills
Simon Bolivar Park/Bogota, Colombia
February 28, 2008
04. Fear Of The Dark
Ferrocarril Oeste Stadium/Buenos Aires, Argentina
March 7, 2008
05. Iron Maiden
Pista Atletica/Santiago, Chile
March 9, 2008
06. Moonchild
Coliseo de Puerto Rico/San Juan, Puerto Rico
March 12, 2008
07. The Clairvoyant
Pedreira Paulo Leminski/Curitiba, Brazil
March 4, 2008
08. Hallowed Be Thy Name
Air Canada Centre/Toronto, Canada
March 16, 2008

cant wait to cop the blu-ray for this. i was at the show at the forum but
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
at them for putting a lakers jersey on cyber eddie.

^Yeah I'm waiting for that to come out. You know that Bruce Dickinson got pissed about them putting a Lakers Jersey on Eddie. I'm just mad theydidn't put San Antonio on there we were known for all that pot smoking in the pit. I remember Bruce saying for whoever was smoking it to put it out.

Originally Posted by J1GOKU

im from LA but i HATE the Lakers, and F the Spurs too. im a Suns fans
frown.gif
Hey man I'd be pissed to if I was a suns fan. They always get kicked out by the Spurs. Anyway I don't think the Spurs will make it toofar anyway. Duncans knees are hurting and Manu is out. But it is an odd year.

freakin Robort Horry
mad.gif
seriously though the suns should've of won achampionship by now
smh.gif
oh well what can you do. if the spurs want to go anywheretheir gonna need Mason and Gooden to really step it up, your down 0-1 so far. this year i'll be rooting for the winner of the rockets/blazers series(slightly prefer the rockets).

If the Spurs don't make I don't really care who wins just so long as the Lakers don't win. I can't stand them. As for the Spurs, pop reallymessed up on his matchups and he didn't play Gooden enough and I think he should kept Bowen on Nowitzki. As old as Bowen is he still knows how to get underhis skin. As for your Suns, I really don't know what to say. My boss is a big suns fan and her heart is always broken because they have a good rosterthey just can't deliver. They gotta figure out what they are going to do with O'neal or Staudemire and the Defense. Something is wrong their but noone can figure it out.

Anyway jammed out to

Iron Maiden- A Matter of Life and Death
Skeletonwitch- Beyond the Permafrost
Fueled by Fire- Spread the fire
Evile- Enter the Grave

By the way I wonder what happened to Johnstaysfresh. That dude got me into a whole bunch of thrash groups.

Originally Posted by BCF06

If the Spurs don't make I don't really care who wins just so long as the Lakers don't win. I can't stand them. As for the Spurs, pop really messed up on his matchups and he didn't play Gooden enough and I think he should kept Bowen on Nowitzki. As old as Bowen is he still knows how to get under his skin. As for your Suns, I really don't know what to say. My boss is a big suns fan and her heart is always broken because they have a good roster they just can't deliver. They gotta figure out what they are going to do with O'neal or Staudemire and the Defense. Something is wrong their but no one can figure it out.

Anyway jammed out to

Iron Maiden- A Matter of Life and Death
Skeletonwitch- Beyond the Permafrost
Fueled by Fire- Spread the fire
Evile- Enter the Grave
it was frustrating watching the suns this year they should've made the playoffs easily but they gave away many games and lost to teams theyshould've beaten easily and i know shaq was ballin this year but i didnt agree with the marion trade then and i still dont now. also all those years ofselling and trading our draft picks
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
well at least i got the Devils to root for in the NHL.

today
Entombed - Left Hand Path
Whiplash - Power and Pain
Morbid Scream - The Signal To Attack

The Laker hate is strong in the Metal Thread lol. Hows everyone been? I went on a hiatus for a while because my parents flew back for a week. It was the firsttime they met my son so it was a really big deal to everyone. Anyways,

Iron Maiden (cant wait for the dvd!!!)
Stratovarious
Dio

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

The Laker hate is strong in the Metal Thread lol. Hows everyone been? I went on a hiatus for a while because my parents flew back for a week. It was the first time they met my son so it was a really big deal to everyone. Anyways,

Iron Maiden (cant wait for the dvd!!!)
Stratovarious
Dio
Good to hear from you Rust. Yeah man I can't stand the Lakers mainly because of Kobe. He's to cocky. As for your parents and your sonit sounds like good times man. Must be nice to have a little metalhead. I'm not there yet but eventually it will happen. Until then I spoil my nephew. I just barely became an uncle last November and its a cool thing.

got the new Pulling Teeth "Paranoid Delusions/Paradise Illusions" record in the mail today, so i just listened to this for the most part today.another solid release from them just wish it was longer. the packaging for this vinyl is
pimp.gif

Yea BCF it was good times all around. They spoiled him so much though. Spend almost 2grand on him lol. Grandparents do that I guess haha.

J1GOKU -- you should post pics of the vinyl. its one of the things that represent a bands art to me. interesting stuff.

Today:
Wolves In The Throne Room
Hammerfall
Led Zep

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

J1GOKU -- you should post pics of the vinyl. its one of the things that represent a bands art to me. interesting stuff.
currently all i got is my blackberry camera which sucks and since its a hologram cover it'd be hard to get a good picture of it. if i had thedough i would of copped one of each color but i ended up just getting the red/black splatter vinyl.

only 666 made with hologram cover and was only available through preorder. 333 on red/black and 333 on black/yellow

it has this effect
l_48868735720f40a89f8540ac64850370.gif

here another pic but you have to see it in person to really "see" it
A389-030.jpg

Back
Top Bottom