++++++TEAM VINTAGE HEAT THREAD++++++

Just found this thread - the vast majority of my shoes are from 1993-1997, I'll definitely start posting in here a bit more now

A couple of the Air Streaks
3430259788_6216114c65.jpg
3430242114_8c5e0eb84a.jpg

3429427555_49a1ba756f.jpg
3430238410_fbd1131c6a.jpg

3429625587_0f80a51560.jpg

check this thread regularly and always some great stuff, those 180's are amazing!
thought i should contribute some recent pickups

Originally Posted by Hotthobo

Vintage Heads: A quick question. I just picked up a pair of DS Air Max 2s from '94, seriously one of my holy grails, and I'd like to be able to wear them. The bubbles are clear and firm, there is some yellowing on the sole but no cracks, and they are otherwise pristine.

I was wondering if you guys know any tests or additional things to look for to see if this pair can be worn. Obviously its kind of a gamble either way, but there may be some simple tricks to try before blindly wearing them out.

Bonus pic: Here is a different pair of wearable Air Max 2 Lights I have that I originally got DS, which have held up fine
very nice pair!!
i did wrote something about how to find out if they are wearable:
http://vintageheatt.blogs...ey-exist-and-how-do.html

at firsdt look, they will likely hold

Originally Posted by Hotthobo

Here are the pics pertaining to the last post

I have a pair of 96 TWs i and they have exacty the same kind of sole and they hold up just fine. But then again, yours are a few years older and my TWs hadalready been worn by the previous owner, which strengthens the sole. When you press your finger against the sole, does it feel dangerously spongy and does theindentation from your finger stay on the sole? If so, they're probably not wearable. Oh, and nwt:
eek.gif
eek.gif

kapepper and lex, thanks for the info. The midsoles seem fine, aka the sole doesn't feel dangerously spongy and the indentation doesn't stay. Air unitsare clear and firm. I'm gonna give em a go, and hope for the best. I think these may be my best pair at the moment. The materials, fit, colors and printson these Max2s are f-ing amazing.

Hotthobo: try them on first in the house... walking gently with them for a moment.... just to make them flexibe..
i have worn DS shoes from 93, and no problem at all....

als, before i forget:
Chops: great pairs of vintage nike
Originally Posted by chops900

check this thread regularly and always some great stuff, those 180's are amazing!
thought i should contribute some recent pickups

Originally Posted by nwt

Just found this thread - the vast majority of my shoes are from 1993-1997, I'll definitely start posting in here a bit more now

A couple of the Air Streaks

3429625587_0f80a51560.jpg
^
pimp.gif

Those OG Air Structures look great. I kinda like the underside of the tongue being black on the retros but the OG tongue looks like it has more padding?

hotthobo, those are amazing. I was drooling over that auction too. liked 'em so much I even saved the auction pictures. glad to know somebody here gotthem. good stuff, I hope they hold up for you. beautiful sneaker! wish I had some am2s or am 2 lights.

Awesome stuff guys
pimp.gif

Thought I'd share some of my vintage stuff I've picked up over the last month or so.

53216c464004d303784ffc6ced0276d9ee2a3222.pjpg

Air Max Triax '96 -- I have cleaned these up since the picture. Mesh came pretty white, now in the process of stripping/repainting themidsoles.

98c26b14d34a1043dea06d74b646280695ce65ef.pjpg

Air Icarus ('91) -- Got these on the cheap, but the uppers are pretty discolored
eyes.gif
. Thinking about dying them or something (unless somebody knows how to clean thefelty material?).

d4d16a464a01db0e77bcecc4a0493bc9e4c603d9.pjpg

Air Diamond Fury MCS -- these were worn once.

89636bac42a94ba500f1d73a03e77e068ee75a8c.pjpg

Diamond Fury (Griffey CW) -- VNDS

And just got this today:

ea5262f4e245f0b0d3b00b7d766c08a9cc5f181a.pjpg

46f362e54f6a45440300d04f081173acb49b45d9.pjpg

Walter McCarty home UK denim jersey ('96).

Thanks nwt. Oh wow, those are
eek.gif
. Mine are size 11 too.

I just lucked into them, the auction was mislisted terribly and I couldn't tell much about them from the picture. I love the colorway, almost infrared (doyou know the official CW description?). That's why I hate that they're so discolored
frown.gif

^ nice diamond furys, im missing the white/red highs and one mysterious low pair to complete the whole set.

anywho... got some doubles, selling one.

Originally Posted by lboiczo

^ nice diamond furys, im missing the white/red highs and one mysterious low pair to complete the whole set.

anywho... got some doubles, selling one.
Thanks, I've got the black/white pro model cleats at a mom and pop back home that have been sitting there since '94 that I'll pick upeventually. Do you have pics of all your furys?

2e6eblf.jpg

i dont have any updated pics of most of my stuff but heres an old pic from 2 years ago. when i'm done with school this summer i'll get around to takingnew pics.

good stuff Kam
looking out for some new pictures of your collection!!

abiout the dirty icarus:
throw them in the washer.. i am almost certian that won't be a problem, and they are gonna look almost like new

^^^^ no karl! dont give it in the washer!!

i already did it it with my pair of the same Icarus and now the swoosh is white!! all the red parts are are gone!

i post pics later.....

peace

What settings on the washing machine are best to use? Any other tips on cleaning shoes in the washing machine?

Back
Top Bottom