Tech Buyer's Guide...From 2000

eek.gif
laugh.gif
I remember this stuff

OP - Tech Buyer's Guide from 2000

500x_creative_nomad_jukebox.jpg

Creative's $500 Nomad Jukebox (pictured above), was not only "sleek"-at least when compared to a CD Walkman-but "can hold as much music as 150 CDs."

500x_samsung_nuon_extiva.jpg

The Extiva was a $350 DVD player from Samsung with the Nuon chip, so "you can also play videogames." Not sure which videogames we were referring to there.

500x_coolpix_990.jpg

Our pick for digital camera was Nikon's twisty CoolPix 990, 3 million pixels for 1 thousand dollars.

500x_gateway_solo_1150.jpg

Gateway laptop with 12.1-in. display, 550MHz chip and a year of free AOL was "a great deal" at $1300.

500x_moto_talkabout.jpg

Two-way pagers from Motorola, $180 each, let you send messages back and forth, and came in "four hot colors."

500x_lg_touchpoint_3000.jpg

LG's Touchpoint 3000 smartish phone cost $400, combined an address book and an organizer, and had one killer app: "Tap someone's name, and it dials for you."

500x_iomega_hipzip.jpg

The $300 Iomega HipZip took little PocketZip magnetic disks instead of flash memory so it was easier to "get with the MP3 revolution"-hooray for obscure proprietary formats that died within a year!

500x_cybiko.jpg

Cybiko was invented a decade ago but promised to do almost more than what the Peek does today-with wireless messaging and an MP3 "attachment."

I remember the motorola pager, but I even remember the commercials for the Cybiko. Crazy how quickly technology is advancing right during our lifetimes.

those motorola talkabouts were for the peeps that couldnt afford the timeport
laugh.gif

eek.gif
@ that price for that laptop.

time done flew by
laugh.gif

Technology hella changed, I was like ten when all of this was big.

The rate of the advancement of technology in our lifetimes is completely mind boggling.
9 years from now everything will be obsolete as well...

*%%# seem so primitive compared to the technology now, but even back then we knew that it was crap
laugh.gif
I wanted the talkabout until I seen Hov's Motorolaskytel, then I changed my mind since the small ones seemed so generic

In 10 years. Kids gonna laugh at our iphones/ps3/360s/etc. I cant even image with the next big thing is going to be after the iphone/ipod phase. Its going tobe crazy.

500x_iomega_hipzip.jpg

The $300 Iomega HipZip took little PocketZip magnetic disks instead of flash memory so it was easier to "get with the MP3 revolution"-hooray for obscure proprietary formats that died within a year!

Yoo I remember this
laugh.gif
that thing was the +#%@

Back
Top Bottom