Teen arrested for using thousands wrongly deposited into his account

One of my boys had an extra couple of thousand dollars deposited in his account a couple of years ago, and he was sooo hype.

I told him not to touch it before they catch him slipping :lol:
18 isn't a kid, shoulda known better.
Teller deserves to get it too

Stupid thread tho

18 is a senior in highschool, he was just thinking about flexing on the gram.

It's no where close to the same thing. Also I'm not looking for good samaritan, pc answers. I want to know how exactly they defined this as theft? My guess is they could only classify it as such because he confessed
If you say so. It's classified as theft because it wasn't his money.

so why isnt it theft when the bank takes out our money and plays the market in the middle of the night with our money

so why isnt it theft when the bank takes out our money and plays the market in the middle of the night with our money
You agreed to that when you opened the account and they give it back when you ask for it. Now if they went to the dealership and copped a new ride it would be a problem.

Last edited:
You agreed to that when you opened the account and they give it back when you ask for it. Now if they went to the dealership and copped a new ride it would be a problem.
man stop making so much sense
and let us voice our displeasure in a broken system
in which we have no control over :lol:

How exactly is this theft?
Because someone parks their Benz in your driveway does not mean it's yours.
It's no where close to the same thing. Also I'm not looking for good samaritan, pc answers. I want to know how exactly they defined this as theft? My guess is they could only classify it as such because he confessed

EDIT: The car comparisons are no where close to money transfers rules and laws ... it's a bit more simplified ... a bit more black and white (the car examples)

The problem is the the 25k amount is too eye popping for you guys. But say the kid was a millionaire had 200k in his account and emptied it. While the amount they're claiming is 10k. How exactly do they prove that he stole the 10k? How can they define this as him knowingly committing theft?

Like I said before most likely he confessed, but if as soon as they contacted him he got a lawyer ...........

Anyways nevermind guys .... Either way I don't see any bankers getting charged with theft for the millions they misappropriated

To jump in on nawghty's point ... What about when a bank goes bust ... after its CEOs have already jettisoned with their millions

All I would like to know is for all the loopholes available to bankers, how without the kid confessing this is clearly defined as theft?
In your repeated attempts to sound smarter you've only made yourself appear more and more ignorant. Stop while you're behind.

Kid is an idiot. Should have never touched that money.
This. If it was the other way around i.e. an error removed a good sum of cash from your account you would wANT the cash refunded.

But if I was siphoning a penny, half a penny or a quarter of a penny ... would you want it back? Would you even know it's gone? How would you prove it's gone? Now, I do that to every one that opens an account in my bank then what?

Give me a car analogy to that

PS. I fully understand how and why they charged him for theft, but i'm not going to jump on the bandwagon calling him or anyone else that would do the same thing an idiot.

Last edited:
Kid is an idiot. Should have never touched that money.
This. If it was the other way around i.e. an error removed a good sum of cash from your account you would wANT the cash refunded.

But if I was siphoning a penny, half a penny or a quarter of a penny ... would you want it back? Would you even know it's gone? How would you prove it's gone? Now, I do that to every one that opens an account in my bank then what?

Give me a car analogy to that

PS. I fully understand how and why they charged him for theft, but i'm not going to jump on the bandwagon calling him or anyone else that would do the same thing an idiot.

The guy spent $25k of money he knew was not his, not $25 or even $250. Maybe theft isn't the best word to use but fraud would be a good one. They're only pressing charges because he said he can't pay it back.

I would've bought a whole bunch of stuff being sure to spend most of the 31k, close my account and then move to a non-extraditable country.

If you guys don't see how doing this can land you in jail you're dumber than I thought. This aint the first story about a bank mix up.

Last edited:
I'm saying, what if he would've just gave the money back???

If he did it before they realized he'd probably be straight. At least at the bank I worked at, everyone was lazy as hell. We'd see he spent it, but if he returned every dollar assuming higher ups didn't probe we'd just hit the Kanye shrug and go home.

If higher ups did ask questions, they could hand him the L if they pleased.

Last edited:
Thank you for your insults tough guy, you've added so much to this thread. May your seed be bountiful and spread far

Last edited:
If I found money in my account imma spend it too. And they ain't getting it back neither. I'd just play dumb.
Me too. I would flip it first of all or buy something that would make me even more money, At least i could then pay the bank back

Or hid it and took out 5k for a lawyer to protect me
It amazes me that people get held liabke legally... the only people that should be liablw are the bank that made the mistake...
Exactly. Account holder could had thought somebody gave him a gift,refund,surprise,won giveaway.. Who knows. If it is in his account really it is legally his
The number of dummies on this site who are proud to be dummies never ceases to amaze me.
Reported

EDIT: The car comparisons are no where close to money transfers rules and laws ... it's a bit more simplified ... a bit more black and white (the car examples)

The problem is the the 25k amount is too eye popping for you guys. But say the kid was a millionaire had 200k in his account and emptied it. While the amount they're claiming is 10k. How exactly do they prove that he stole the 10k? How can they define this as him knowingly committing theft?

Like I said before most likely he confessed, but if as soon as they contacted him he got a lawyer ...........

Anyways nevermind guys .... Either way I don't see any bankers getting charged with theft for the millions they misappropriated

To jump in on nawghty's point ... What about when a bank goes bust ... after its CEOs have already jettisoned with their millions

All I would like to know is for all the loopholes available to bankers, how without the kid confessing this is clearly defined as theft?
He had to snitch on himself..... He can beat this charge , all he have to  do is get a family friend to say I told him I was going to deposit some money for him as a gift during the same week he got the money.. Case dismissed
The guy spent $25k of money he knew was not his, not $25 or even $250. Maybe theft isn't the best word to use but fraud would be a good one. They're only pressing charges because he said he can't pay it back.
How the heck he know it wasnt his? It is what you can prove not what you know,.,.,.. For all he knew , a family member told him there were going to deposit some money for him as a graduation gift

I keep telling people, police, DA ,judges they work for the rich and make sure they see their best interest...

Back
Top Bottom