Ten Yrs Ago -- 11/1/1997 xiii appreciation

i heard when they retroed the Black/Reds some areas there were fights breaking out and stuff... anyone have any stories about this?
(|TEAM JAYS|)
A.J. Burnett--Roy Halladay--Troy Glaus--Aaron Hill--Lyle Overbay--Alex Rios--Vernon Wells--Frank Thomas​

dont remind me. I was in 6th grade and I made the mistake of passing on the playoff and the bred. >:
mad.gif
I copped up the flint 13 when they came back out in 2005. But, after all these year I'm still missing my holy grail. Damn I want my playoff 13. :x
sick.gif

very nice all time favorite 13 jayhawk player exclusive
WANTED!!!
EVERY JORDAN 6 HIGH ICY AND DS!!!
((FOUNDER))
T E A M I C E
I got kicks for sale sizes 5-7.5

i would def. misss haloween for those
(Founder)
T E A M I C E

*WANTED ALL SZ. 11.5 OR 12*
Spacejams
Sport Blue VI
White Infra VI
Pure V

:wow:
eek.gif
tek9pnda
I Shine Cause I Grindtheres a full court pressure, im just goin for the two, if im open for the three, imma take it in a second, even if theres one second and imma make it its nothin​

^^^nah homes back in elem. school i was in love with the shoe because of the way it looked...i never owned a pair of jordans till my senior year in high school so back then i used to watch everybody's feet that had 13's on with envy. till this day i still haven't owned a pair of 13's but the upcoming pack will make up for it (even though my favorite colorway are the breds).
Where were you 8/29/07 ?

TEAMKINGKOOPA

funny thing is that the xiii came out when i was junior as well.
Quote:
Nah man...hype would be waiting in line for a week to buy a unicorn eyelash x Wonderbread x leprechaun hair x famous skate shop, design by a obscure graffiti artist Dunk Mid SB from [insert your local skate shop] for 3x retail...

Quote:
here's to my favorite air jordan ever.

Likewise, but mine is the flint grey.

Quote:
Very comfortable shoes. The laces kind of sucked cause they keep getting undone. Otherwise 10/10!/
For all my OG yay area folks, did ya'll remember when Nordstroms in Valley Fair priced these at $55 on Black Friday??? They even extended the sale 'till the weekend. I clearly recall coming back on Sunday afternoon and they had plenty of small sizes left and copped me two more of size 8.

i remember (sort of) getting these for my birthday in the 6th grade, i had been bragging about getting them all week. my mom had a deal for expensive sneakers; i'd have to get good grades and pay for half.
hail to the victors, baby.myspacelast.fmflickr

mks33, its nothing i just wanted to correct you on the date because i had a flashback of what i was doing 10 years ago on that exact morning Nov 1st 1997.

I got up out of bed very early that morning and started counting change :lol:
laugh.gif
ed questioning me later on in the day but i was just telling him that i do not know about it and i have not seen it. I did not spend it right then, I waited for close to one full month, I managed to save $30 more dollars however i needed around like $28 or $29 more bucks that i could not obtain whatsoever. So, i went to Imperial Sports (I miss yall Imperial Sports!) and settled for the latest grant hills at that time which were the fila grant hill iv's in white/blue color scheme along with a navy blue fubu shirt long sleeve with red lettering going across.

Still had a little bit of money left and i was happy but i really wanted the jordans that i could not seem to get. Im pretty sure that my parents were suspicious from time to time. In conclusion i did Not get any of the colorways in the AJ 13 model at all, none of them. The closest that i got was trying a friends pair on and trying a few colorways out at the stores and that was it! I guess that i did not deserve them for what i did. That IS karma, i hope that none of you do this. It may take awhile just to realize that the parents put clothing on you even though it may not be what you really want at least you are getting something that you need. The roof over your head along with the food to eat and enjoy! I was young so i did not think about all of these things and instead i ended up taking away from the hand that fed me. That is why i did not receive any of those AJ 13 models for the 97-98 season.

The following years in junior high and high school for me were at an all time high as far as getting most of the things that i wanted but it came along with doing good things as well as saving up alot of my money and doing different chores, school hustles and etc.

I made up for it when the AJ 13 retros dropped in 05, I purchased 2 pairs of the Flints which are my favorite colorway in that particular model along with most of the retro AJ 13 colorways. The AJ 13 is definitely appreciated! I remember when SLAM had them in their magazine a few months before they were released and i did not like them at all but when i saw them in the display case at one of the shoestores i fell in love with them, that is why i stopped doubting jordans especially from pictures alone as the pic may not do your eyes any type of justice.

Im sorry yall, im venting right now with the memories and all, i just had to do it :lol:
laugh.gif

I remember when Bill Bellamy was hosting an MTV music program and he would always have the colorways of the 13's on early. I would be staring like, "Yo cameraman, give me a closeup shot of them joints!"
I am 100% legitimate seller.
References:
yungmatt

does any body have the kansas jay hawk player exclusive i wannt a pic there :pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAMICE
I got kicks for sale sizes 5-7.5

I was a freshman wen these dropped. These r my favorite Jordans. The black/blue lows were my only jordans n i am still lookin for them
TEAM CARIBBEAN​
Dance Hall Crew​
WeGetDubs​

XIII were my first pair of jordans ever

always appreciated
I be killin' ya'll on that lyrical sh--
Mayonnaise colored benz I push miracle whip !

Not OG but i really love this shoe, one of my favorites anyway this is my semi-beat pair..

277496598.jpg

277496600.jpg

277496602.jpg

I got one of my grails again:
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S
TEAM [Scrubs]

Real Recognize Real​

Release Dates of OG XIII's.

White/Black/Red- November 1, 1997
White/Red/Black- January 9?, 1998
White/Flint Grey/Blue- February 14, 1998
Black/White/Red (Playoffs)- April 24?, 1998
Black/Red- June 6, 1998
Black/Blue Low- July 22, 1998
Black/Chuntney- August 4, 1998.
Team CLEVELAND OG Member # 1
Team AM FamTeam Vintage: Vintage Heat Since 1980!
GO LAKERS!!!
New Myspace:myspace.com/stillshortycsince94

Back
Top Bottom