TENNIS: OFFICIAL US OPEN 2011 THREAD! hawt.

dislike roddick so much. such an underachiever and yet still gets billing like he's some superstar.

has to be only because he's american. there's no other reason why this douche gets so much attention

dislike roddick so much. such an underachiever and yet still gets billing like he's some superstar.

has to be only because he's american. there's no other reason why this douche gets so much attention

Imagine, if he hadn't beaten Nalbandian in the '03 USO semi's he'd have zero grand slam titles. In his GS losses, he did play very well against Federer though.
In many ways, I believe his talent to achievement ratio on par, considering he is a very one-dimensional tennis player.

Imagine, if he hadn't beaten Nalbandian in the '03 USO semi's he'd have zero grand slam titles. In his GS losses, he did play very well against Federer though.
In many ways, I believe his talent to achievement ratio on par, considering he is a very one-dimensional tennis player.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

well said. i think that's a fair assessment

on a different note, i totally forgot sharapova was so young still. she's been in the game for a long time (10 yrs as a pro). would like to see her do well, but that's not happening probably.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

well said. i think that's a fair assessment

on a different note, i totally forgot sharapova was so young still. she's been in the game for a long time (10 yrs as a pro). would like to see her do well, but that's not happening probably.

Gotta
laugh.gif
at his quotes though...
http://tennis.si.com/2011...ther-remarkable-presser/

^
Well i'm sure some opponents would get annoyed of their opponent always breaking their racquet and having to stop and grab new ones.  It only takes a few seconds so it's not a big deal.  What I do find odd and weird is the need for players to towel off after every rally?  Like when did this start?  Just wipe your hands on your shirt or shorts.  People in other sports just keep playing on while drenched in sweat.

But I do agree that they should let players throw a short tantrum then move on.  Roddick does seem to make too big of a deal out of getting a warning from the chair.

^
Well i'm sure some opponents would get annoyed of their opponent always breaking their racquet and having to stop and grab new ones.  It only takes a few seconds so it's not a big deal.  What I do find odd and weird is the need for players to towel off after every rally?  Like when did this start?  Just wipe your hands on your shirt or shorts.  People in other sports just keep playing on while drenched in sweat.

But I do agree that they should let players throw a short tantrum then move on.  Roddick does seem to make too big of a deal out of getting a warning from the chair.

wish they would've shown the entire monfils/ferrer game today on tv instead of the boring federer match. way more exciting.

it deserved to be played at arthur ashe stadium as the headline day game too

still going

monfils up two sets to one

wish they would've shown the entire monfils/ferrer game today on tv instead of the boring federer match. way more exciting.

it deserved to be played at arthur ashe stadium as the headline day game too

still going

monfils up two sets to one

I was able t o turn on the TV Once for like 2 minutes and i happened to see Monfils sick Jumping return ahhahaah he lost the point but it was still insane .

Still hate the guy
30t6p3b.gif

I was able t o turn on the TV Once for like 2 minutes and i happened to see Monfils sick Jumping return ahhahaah he lost the point but it was still insane .

Still hate the guy
30t6p3b.gif

Ferrero had a chance to go up three games to none in the fifth set (up 40-0), and blew it. 
30t6p3b.gif

Monfils looked like he was sleepwalking through the game, too.

Ferrero had a chance to go up three games to none in the fifth set (up 40-0), and blew it. 
30t6p3b.gif

Monfils looked like he was sleepwalking through the game, too.

Just when you thought Monfails was gonna tank the 5th, he stops showing any effort and... holds.
30t6p3b.gif

Just when you thought Monfails was gonna tank the 5th, he stops showing any effort and... holds.
30t6p3b.gif

This whole set has been an exercise in futility. Neither one of them look like they care at all.

I know they're tired, but damn.

This whole set has been an exercise in futility. Neither one of them look like they care at all.

I know they're tired, but damn.

*!+ is with espns #%%%%%+% coverage of the ferrero match. you've been showing a match that goes 5 sets and instead show the end of the tsonga match where you already know the outcome. and then you show a @+%+%$ serena williams interview instead of the end of the 4 hour+ 5 set match SMFH

and this scrambled coverage too........

Back
Top Bottom