TENNIS: OFFICIAL US OPEN 2011 THREAD! hawt.

Yeah, don't see how they can fix that in a short period of time. Def. gonna have to move it to another court, but it might also ruin the rest of the matches on Armstrong... more problems.

Yeah, don't see how they can fix that in a short period of time. Def. gonna have to move it to another court, but it might also ruin the rest of the matches on Armstrong... more problems.

Originally Posted by jumpmantwenty3

it's water rising up from underneath the court, resulting in a bubble and now a crack

match might be moved to another court
jesus. the ground is absolutely saturated with all the rain we've had over the last month in ny.

nearly, if not 20 inches of rain in like 30 days

Originally Posted by jumpmantwenty3

it's water rising up from underneath the court, resulting in a bubble and now a crack

match might be moved to another court
jesus. the ground is absolutely saturated with all the rain we've had over the last month in ny.

nearly, if not 20 inches of rain in like 30 days

According to Killer Cahill...
"Armstrong snake bitten. 2 hairline cracks in the court & the surrounding area soft & seeping moisture. Sun is drawing it up. Blowers no good"
And anyone watching Rafa/Muller?  Poor job from the ushers... letting folks in, to their seats in between points?  Come on...
30t6p3b.gif

According to Killer Cahill...
"Armstrong snake bitten. 2 hairline cracks in the court & the surrounding area soft & seeping moisture. Sun is drawing it up. Blowers no good"
And anyone watching Rafa/Muller?  Poor job from the ushers... letting folks in, to their seats in between points?  Come on...
30t6p3b.gif

The court where Roddick and Ferrer were playing had a spot on the baseline which wasn't even. I guess the moisture made the surface pop up a little bit. Roddick just acted like a complete **** to the official. They're in the process of moving the match to a different court.

The court where Roddick and Ferrer were playing had a spot on the baseline which wasn't even. I guess the moisture made the surface pop up a little bit. Roddick just acted like a complete **** to the official. They're in the process of moving the match to a different court.

^ yes, I've been following the seeping-water issue on Armstrong, but wasn't aware of Roddick chewing out the official...

Reading some updated quotes now... and I don't blame him for being upset. It's a ridiculous situation. Not saying he should have acted the way he did, but if water was coming out of the court-surface, there was no way they could have played on it. Moving it to another court was their only option. They're already 2-days behind, no point in prolonging it anymore.
Also, no TV coverage and no Hawk-eye on court 13 for Roddick/Ferrer.  
laugh.gif
this'll be interesting.  Roddick will go nuts...

^ yes, I've been following the seeping-water issue on Armstrong, but wasn't aware of Roddick chewing out the official...

Reading some updated quotes now... and I don't blame him for being upset. It's a ridiculous situation. Not saying he should have acted the way he did, but if water was coming out of the court-surface, there was no way they could have played on it. Moving it to another court was their only option. They're already 2-days behind, no point in prolonging it anymore.
Also, no TV coverage and no Hawk-eye on court 13 for Roddick/Ferrer.  
laugh.gif
this'll be interesting.  Roddick will go nuts...

Why the hell are they still doing pre-match interviews? Pointless.
"I'm gonna go out there, try my best, have fun and hopefully will play well-enough to win the match..."... 
eyes.gif

Why the hell are they still doing pre-match interviews? Pointless.
"I'm gonna go out there, try my best, have fun and hopefully will play well-enough to win the match..."... 
eyes.gif

yeah the whole pre-match and even post-match interviews are so pointless

the post-match interviews in particular during the first bunch of preliminary rounds is just annoying. no one really cares

i'm sure the players don't want to have to answer stupid questions right after their first few games either

yeah the whole pre-match and even post-match interviews are so pointless

the post-match interviews in particular during the first bunch of preliminary rounds is just annoying. no one really cares

i'm sure the players don't want to have to answer stupid questions right after their first few games either

I can understand the post-match interviews cuz the interviewer might want to immediately ask certain questions pertaining to specific points during the game, but pre-match is just dumb. Same old generic answers from players who just want to focus on the task at-hand.

Anyway, Serena vs Caro/Petko semis, while the bottom-half of the draw looks ridiculous. I don't see how Stosur won't be able to make the final.

I can understand the post-match interviews cuz the interviewer might want to immediately ask certain questions pertaining to specific points during the game, but pre-match is just dumb. Same old generic answers from players who just want to focus on the task at-hand.

Anyway, Serena vs Caro/Petko semis, while the bottom-half of the draw looks ridiculous. I don't see how Stosur won't be able to make the final.

Back
Top Bottom