Terrell Owens just released by the Dallas Cowboys!!! BREAKING NEWS

I just came in here to say that Jason Whitten is not the best TE in the league.

That is all.

happy.gif

The ******** have "no interest" in signing wide receiver Terrell Owens, executive vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato said.

Owens was released on Thursday by the Dallas Cowboys.

"[Owens's representatives] called us three years ago before he went to Dallas, and we didn't have interest then," Cerrato said. "Why would we have interest when he's three years older now? We have no interest."

Cerrato said the ******** remain committed to developing their young group of wide receivers, including 2008 second-round picks Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly.

Owens is a 13-year NFL veteran who has played for the San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys. He is 35 years old.

Owens has 951 career catches for 14,122 yards and 139 touchdowns in his career.

He carries with him plenty of baggage, though. He has been a distraction on and off the field in each of the cities he has played in. In 2005, he was suspended for four games by the Eagles for conduct detrimental to the team.

Cerrato was director of player personnel with San Francisco in 1996 when the 49ers selected Owens in the third round of the NFL Draft.

The Cerrato-Owens connection has led to speculation that the ******** would be interested in obtaining Owens. That is not the case, however.

Link

Originally Posted by TheGift23

The ******** have "no interest" in signing wide receiver Terrell Owens, executive vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato said.

"[Owens's representatives] called us three years ago before he went to Dallas, and we didn't have interest then," Cerrato said. "Why would we have interest when he's three years older now? We have no interest."

Cerrato said the ******** remain committed to developing their young group of wide receivers, including 2008 second-round picks Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly.

Owens is a 13-year NFL veteran who has played for the San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys. He is 35 years old.

He carries with him plenty of baggage, though. He has been a distraction on and off the field in each of the cities he has played in. In 2005, he was suspended for four games by the Eagles for conduct detrimental to the team.

Cerrato was director of player personnel with San Francisco in 1996 when the 49ers selected Owens in the third round of the NFL Draft.

The Cerrato-Owens connection has led to speculation that the ******** would be interested in obtaining Owens. That is not the case, however.

Originally Posted by dreClark

That is all.

happy.gif

Yeh you're right, because Jason Whitten isn't even an NFL Player. Jason Witten however, is the best TE in football.

The Jets will sign him, but only because he was a former Raven. Apparently that's what we do, sign former Ravens left and right
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

That is all.

happy.gif

Yeh you're right, because Jason Whitten isn't even an NFL Player. Jason Witten however, is the best TE in football.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I see the whole team being better

Why did the Cowboys release Tony Romo as well?? He's the reason this team has stunk it up for the past 2 years. The Cowboys actually had a shot to be a playoff team this upcoming with T.O. on the roster, but now they have completely flushed that dream down the toilet.

How well was Owens and the Cowboys doing with Drew Bledsoe before he got hurt?
indifferent.gif

SMH, cowboys didnt even have the diligence to do him like that, dude probably found out about it on espn

^^ Nope. They flew to South Florida (Stephen and Jerry) both had a meeting with Owens and Drew and told him face to face. Owens is still in shock I guess andisn't angry...not yet anyway.

And to the guy about the Drew Bledsoe *$%#, Owens broke his hand and played with a broken finger as well throughout the whole season. He had 5 TD's in 5games before Romo came in.

ESPN is so funny. They keep talking about 6 catches and 1 TD in two playoff games but fail to mention he played with a high ankle sprain. I guess they wereexpecting another 9 rec 122 yard playoff game while injured
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Funny because TO's last three years > Skins Wide Outs last three years...

My cousin Vinny FTL

Yes, Owens sucks as a teammate....but, why are people making him out to be the SOLE reason for the Cowboys struggles/failures? If anything, someone from eitherthe offensive/defensive side of the ball should have put homie in check. That is what leadership is for. Who are the leaders on the Cowboys? I guess people gotshook, and didn't want the Hugh Douglass treatment. There is more blame to go around than to just hang it all on T.O. What about Jerry Jones, WadePhillips, Romo, etc etc etc? T.O. makes for an easy scapegoat due to his reputation. He is a fierce competitor, and you can't ever question him NOT giving110%. He does want to win, but it seems like he is running out of chances....

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

That is all.

happy.gif
Yeah, you know what I mean ++* clown.

Regardless of spelling, Mr. Witten isn't the best TE in football either.

And so it begins:

Greg Ellis is o.d.in on the Cowboys organization for releasing Owens
laugh.gif

Jerry was smart to do it now because it least by the time June comes around, things should cool down.

come home TO. Come home Jeff. Finish what you guys started a few years back. Naw Jeff's to old and TO age is up there to but I would take TO on a 2yrcontract. I would love to pull my TO niners jersey back out of the closet. Yep still got it
357106440.jpg

Originally Posted by djkaos23

come home TO. Come home Jeff. Finish what you guys started a few years back. Naw Jeff's to old and TO age is up there to but I would take TO on a 2yr contract. I would love to pull my TO niners jersey back out of the closet. Yep still got it
By "finish what you started" you mean Super Bowl win, correct?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by KICKS OFF

I see the Giants taking that chance.

92d15e457760b2fd0de5ee838e269273a2ed611.jpg

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Yes, Owens sucks as a teammate....but, why are people making him out to be the SOLE reason for the Cowboys struggles/failures? If anything, someone from either the offensive/defensive side of the ball should have put homie in check. That is what leadership is for. Who are the leaders on the Cowboys? I guess people got shook, and didn't want the Hugh Douglass treatment. There is more blame to go around than to just hang it all on T.O. What about Jerry Jones, Wade Phillips, Romo, etc etc etc? T.O. makes for an easy scapegoat due to his reputation. He is a fierce competitor, and you can't ever question him NOT giving 110%. He does want to win, but it seems like he is running out of chances....
Let's face it, Cowboys stans are a joke. True T.O. caused some drama, but that squad need look no further than that clown that takes thesnaps.

Back
Top Bottom