Texas Governor Rick Perry Decides to Run for President: Vol 2.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

To make the point, under the Constitution of the United States, a State has the right to succeed. As far as I'm concerned this is voluntary Union membership, it would be very difficult for a state to survive outside of the Union, but legally/morally/patriotically if you want to, you should be able to succeed from the Union. The Civil War was a blatant violation of States rights, for better or for worst, but thats another story.

You are an idiot.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by bboy1827

To make the point, under the Constitution of the United States, a State has the right to succeed. As far as I'm concerned this is voluntary Union membership, it would be very difficult for a state to survive outside of the Union, but legally/morally/patriotically if you want to, you should be able to succeed from the Union. The Civil War was a blatant violation of States rights, for better or for worst, but thats another story.

You are an idiot.

"When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation...."

....We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these united Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States, that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. — And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor."-Decleration of Independence

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union,establish Justice, insure domesticTranquility, provide for the common defence,promote the general Welfare, and secure theBlessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for theUnited States of America.
I want you to notice that "united" is not capitalized at all, that these "Free and Independent States" -Constitution

There is a huge point to be made that before the civil were it was "The united States Are." and after it was "The United States is" It may seem like a small slight in semantics but this difference is huge. The States are meant to be free and independent, they voluntarily came together in order to fight Great Britain. As such, they were under the impression that they could leave. In fact, they almost did break up once the Articles of Confederation broke down. There is nothing that says because you live on this Continent you have to be a part of the Union, liberty was taken by the end of a Gun, for whatever reasons.

We assume that our Country has always been what it is since it's founding, and that the way it is not going to change. When in fact our constitution is changing everyday and the way things are, may not be tomorrow. The choice that the federal government has the right to preserve the Union, even at the cost of "American/Confederate" citizens is a violation, not only of States rights but also our right to revolution as outlined in the Deceleration of Independence. It's all in interpretation, and I prefer to interpret on the side of Freedom, smaller government, and before people say "Oh you tea-partier" you should probably ask me what I believe instead of reading a couple of lines and making your judgment, that would be...idiotic.

http://sunsite.utk.edu/ci...s.html    -Notice the Language used, sounds eerily similar.

And I assume most people won't read half this post, yet still make a statement about it
laugh.gif
*ques own "Did not read"

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

rashi wrote:
Have you actually read the Executive Order where he MANDATES it? My guess is not. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the campaign contribution Perry received from MERCK (who makes Gardisil) for his campaign.

mandate
noun
1 they won a mandate to form the government: authority, approval, acceptance, ratification, endorsement, sanction, authorization.
2 a mandate from the UN: instruction, directive, decree, command, order, injunction, edict, charge, commission, bidding, ruling, fiat; formal ordinance.
Yes, I completely agree with what you're implying here (Hell just froze over as well). It is fairly reasonable to assume he mandated use of this drug, even with its side effects, as a vaccine because of his ties to the company. However it makes no sense whatsoever to compare an HPV vaccine to forced birth control. Possible side effect of the drug? Cervical cancer. Possible result of HPV? Cervical cancer. Most people are losing either way.

You are still not getting it, and you guys are missing the point. The whole cervical cancer and side effects was brought up because whiterails's ignorance and failed attempt to marginalize my argument, and didn't think there was a correlation between the two. That wasn't even the purpose of me stating that.

My whole thing is that he made a law demanding that girls receive a shot. A compulsory vaccination MANDATED by the governor.

"Missing the point."?

Because we attack the "facts" on which your argument is based, we're missing the point? 

Providing them with a medical treatment with potential side-effects and forcing birth control on teenagers.

Same thing right?  

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

How long should President Obama be exempt from having to take any blame for a wrecked economy? By this time in 2012, things are likely to still be bad, are three and half years and trillions in new spending not enough to make any improvements? If that is the case why should he still be President?
laugh.gif
You know it ain't that simple. Blaming Bush or Obama for the state of the economy is buffoonery. 
but Bush turned a country that had a surplus under Clinton into a country with a deficit 

Originally Posted by whiterails

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Yes, I completely agree with what you're implying here (Hell just froze over as well). It is fairly reasonable to assume he mandated use of this drug, even with its side effects, as a vaccine because of his ties to the company. However it makes no sense whatsoever to compare an HPV vaccine to forced birth control. Possible side effect of the drug? Cervical cancer. Possible result of HPV? Cervical cancer. Most people are losing either way.

You are still not getting it, and you guys are missing the point. The whole cervical cancer and side effects was brought up because whiterails's ignorance and failed attempt to marginalize my argument, and didn't think there was a correlation between the two. That wasn't even the purpose of me stating that.

My whole thing is that he made a law demanding that girls receive a shot. A compulsory vaccination MANDATED by the governor.

"Missing the point."?

Because we attack the "facts" on which your argument is based, we're missing the point? 

Providing them with a medical treatment with potential side-effects and forcing birth control on teenagers.

Same thing right?  

Dude, just stop. I provided you with information that you assumed didn't exist, and that even the FDA said is harmful. Perry mandated forced vaccination that has been linked to numerous disorders. You are trying to shape the argument so it fits your view. Whether it increased (which it could and clearly shows on the PDF on the FDA link) the chances of obtaining a life threatening illness or it doesn't, is not the point of my argument. It's the fact that by LAW, you had to have it.

Welfare is provided. Medicaid is provided. They are provided to people who need government help. The Executive Order was MANDATED. COMPULSORY.

Do you understand that?

Entiendes?

Comprenez-vous ?

Verstehen Sie?

Point out to me where I was disputing the fact that it was mandated.   I never once mentioned that fact.   I'm not even talking about that.
I was calling you out for falsely stating that he imposed mandatory birth control on teenagers.   Which is a twisted distortion of the facts, at best.

You're trying to justify your sensationalist claims that he forced birth control on teenagers by falsely stating that HPV = birth control.

Is that you, Fox News?

Originally Posted by whiterails

"Missing the point."?

Same thing right?  

So let me get this straight... a proven vaccination to stop the sexual transmission of HPV is doing the opposite of what is suppose to do and actually causing cervical cancer which according to him is a form of birth control?  
laugh.gif
  Talk about your run on sentences. 
confused-man-in-suit.jpg

Dude, just stop. I provided you with information that you assumed didn't exist, and that even the FDA said is harmful. Perry mandated forced vaccination that has been linked to numerous disorders. You are trying to shape the argument so it fits your view. Whether it increased (which it could and clearly shows on the PDF on the FDA link) the chances of obtaining a life threatening illness or it doesn't, is not the point of my argument. It's the fact that by LAW, you had to have it.

Welfare is provided. Medicaid is provided. They are provided to people who need government help. The Executive Order was MANDATED. COMPULSORY.

Do you understand that?

Entiendes?

Comprenez-vous ?

Verstehen Sie?

Speaking of� Presidents, you know who was big on anti-depressants?

FDR

I was bringing up the irony that that is one of the side effects... Which is ironic...

Other than that Anti-Depressants have helped a lot of people

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

It gets worse.....This dude is scary

illustration by Mario Zucca

Listen to Forrest Wilder speak with KUT's Jennifer Stayton about this story.

On September 28, 2009, at 1:40 p.m., God’s messengers visited Rick Perry.

On this day, the Lord’s messengers arrived in the form of two Texas pastors, Tom Schlueter of Arlington and Bob Long of San Marcos, who called on Perry in the governor’s office inside the state Capitol. Schlueter and Long both oversee small congregations, but they are more than just pastors. They consider themselves modern-day apostles and prophets, blessed with the same gifts as Old Testament prophets or New Testament apostles.

The pastors told Perry of God’s grand plan for Texas. A chain of powerful prophecies had proclaimed that Texas was “The Prophet State,

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif
You know it ain't that simple. Blaming Bush or Obama for the state of the economy is buffoonery. 
but Bush turned a country that had a surplus under Clinton into a country with a deficit 
tired.gif
I can't really agree that Bush wasted all the surplus (Obama is continuing) and Clinton got us the surplus. One man alone does not have that much power. His administration or congress or the U.S. govt too. %#$ happened and "responses" were made. Both good and bad came with these "responses." A necessary evil.  

perry and bachmann both harbor some pretty disturbing views... i hope neither gets the nomination.

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

perry and bachmann both harbor some pretty disturbing views... i hope neither gets the nomination.
They are no different than Mitt....  Just they don't run like a little girl from what they believe in...

So in that case I'd rather Bachman or Perry get the nomination just makes it that more easy of a blow out...

And as much as Obama turned out to be a Center Right president.. He is hell of a lot better than all these !@* clowns and !@* hats

They are no different than Mitt....  Just they don't run like a little girl from what they believe in...

So in that case I'd rather Bachman or Perry get the nomination just makes it that more easy of a blow out...

And as much as Obama turned out to be a Center Right president.. He is hell of a lot better than all these !@* clowns and !@* hats

That isn't saying much at all sadly.

Originally Posted by MHT214

"....and not a single A was given..."

Rick Perry is an idiot. This man has planned to be President since the day GW Bush took the WhiteHouse. 

I ask the American people to; before even considering this man for President--and hearing his love for education.--To look at the Texas education system--look at how the kids are getting a horrible education, dropout rates, and poorly paid teachers---he has done nothing--and will continue to do nothing.

Texas has a lower HS dropout rate than California.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by MHT214

"....and not a single A was given..."

Rick Perry is an idiot. This man has planned to be President since the day GW Bush took the WhiteHouse. 

I ask the American people to; before even considering this man for President--and hearing his love for education.--To look at the Texas education system--look at how the kids are getting a horrible education, dropout rates, and poorly paid teachers---he has done nothing--and will continue to do nothing.

Texas has a lower HS dropout rate than California.
but a higher percentage of the population lives in poverty.  Anyway, this is taken from Rick Perry, himself, when asked about the federal reserve chairman printing more money.

“If this guy prints more money between now and the election, I dunno what y’all would do to him in Iowa but we would treat him pretty ugly down in Texas. Printing more money to play politics at this particular time in American history is almost treasonous in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom