"That ether, that +%%% that make your soul burn slow"

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

yo can someone post the videos where they premiered Ether and Takeover on hot97 %*+$ was epic.

nerd.gif
I would like for someone to post this...
nerd.gif

SMH y'all that young that y'all don't remember when it dropped & the poll & when Jay was on the radio??? Anyways Jaystruth>>>>>Nas roasts
*please don't quote me, I'm tired of this arguement & OP POSTS FAR TOO MUCH #STOPIT5 *

^No truths were spoken by the man that we didn't already know or were outright lame or exaggerated. How you gonna act like it wasn't all broken down inthe last thread?

Or were you tired then too and didn't bother to argue cuz there was no way you could prove you were right and you're just going off your opinion whichis no better than anyone else's?

Originally Posted by Master Zik

^No truths were spoken by the man that we didn't already know or were outright lame or exaggerated.

You talkin bout Ether right? Fat lips?, Roc $*!!?, Joe the Camel?

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

SMH y'all that young that y'all don't remember when it dropped & the poll & when Jay was on the radio??? Anyways Jays truth>>>>>Nas roasts
*please don't quote me, I'm tired of this arguement & OP POSTS FAR TOO MUCH #STOPIT5 *
I was 13 when that came out...please hop off.

Jay says something and everyone takes it as gosple says Ether was full of lies and even tho people break it down line for line and dispells this mytheverything is still lies... Same *%%* different day

The only question I have at this point is what people see in BP2 that says it actually did anything /held any wieght in this battle.

All I hear when I listen to it is him crying asking why people chose Nas over him. I mean in all actuality the song only contained about 6 bars about Nas. Itwas all about himself so I don't understand where people are coming from with that. Its almost like people need something to point to in Jay's favor.

Superugly was ill imo tho "Have _'s openin beer bottles off the boys chipped tooth".
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

^No truths were spoken by the camel that we didn't already know or were outright lame or exaggerated.
You talkin bout Ether right? Fat lips?, Roc $*!!?, Joe the Camel?
No.

Fixed*

laugh.gif
I forgot how salty your side was the last thread. Now yall got gifs and pics prepared.
Talk about salty....imagine how Nas must of fealt when he heard that line
roll.gif

image.php

roll.gif

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

laugh.gif
I forgot how salty your side was the last thread. Now yall got gifs and pics prepared.
Talk about salty....imagine how Nas must of fealt when he heard that line
roll.gif

image.php

roll.gif
As salty as you can feel about an erroneous hyperbolic statement.

Originally Posted by Pmighty

the real question is where would nas be right now w/o ether...a diss song at that
A little less known with a great "comeback" album in Stillmatic. As far as I'm concerned if you take out the whole battle with Jay, "I Made You Look" would've still had him where he is now.
"comeback" album speaks for itself
this n' never retired or no shh like that
laugh.gif

"They call me this misogynist, but they don't call me dude to take his dollars to give gifts at the projects. These dudes is all politics, depositingchecks they put in they pocket, all you get in return is a lo And y'all buy the +%#+, caught up in the hype. Cause the %!%## wear a coofie, it don'tmean that he bright. Cause you don't understand him, it don't mean that he nice. It just means you don't understand all the #%!#*$+* that he write.Is it "Oochie Wally Wally" or is it "One Mic"? Is it "Black Girl Lost" or shorty owe you for ice? I've been real all my life,they confuse it with deceit. Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat!"
/thread
pimp.gif

the real question is where would nas be right now w/o ether...a diss song at that
A little less known with a great "comeback" album in Stillmatic. As far as I'm concerned if you take out the whole battle with Jay, "I Made You Look" would've still had him where he is now.
"comeback" album speaks for itself
this n' never retired or no shh like that
laugh.gif
That's why I used quotation marks. Take out the beef with Jay nobody was checking for Nas after Nastradamus
laugh.gif
He came back with good music again.

o aiite
i dont agree with the last part of your statement but we on the same page for the most part

laugh.gif
@ the hova witnesses talking about a bunch of gossip. who really caresif jay smashed a jump who happened to nas's bm? she was a project skeezer looking for the limelight.. let's talk about the songs.

"takeover" ruined prodigy's career.. he was never the same after that summer jam screen. as for nas, it momentarily bamboozled the public intothinking nas's career was over.

...then nas came back from nastradamus and set off that napalm bomb. dudes talking about the lyrics are outright lies?

oh...so jay hasn't been a nas stan since day one? jay didn't sit at the studio waiting for nas to come through in 96 to spit on "can i live"only for nas to laugh and never show up? jay didn't sample nas's voice and separately namedrop him twice on one album?

now, let's revisit some of the lyrics on "Takeover":

"You been in it 10, I been in it 5" (2001)

here lies jay's attempt at revising history.. he tries to date nas's career back to his first verse on wax which was "live at the bbq" in1991...but then date his OWN career back to his debut album and not his own first verse, which was in 1988.

LIE

FACTS:
- Jay-Z does in fact resemble a camel
- Beanie Sigel did in fact outshine Jay-Z on a vast majority of their collaborations
- Eminem did indeed murder Jay-Z on his own @*!@
- Jay-Z went out of his way to degrade women on every song until he met Beyonce
- Jay-Z was rapping about taking Tae-Bo classes at 36 years old
- Jay-Z was performing cunnilingus on Foxy
- Jay-Z apologized to Jadakiss via 2-Way pagers, to which Jada laughed

"super ugly" is like when 2 dudes are arguing and Guy B is just losing the argument so bad that he just blurts out something like, "AT LEAST MYMAMA AIN'T FAT!" a couple people give him a pity laugh but it's really indicative of who won and lost that battle. i can't even listen to thatsong with a straight face.. straight trash.
laugh.gif

"blueprint 2" is a great song but it was a little too late for all that. nas made "last real n_ alive" and just deaded that entire beef insuch a calm manner while jay was still pouting in the corner, talking about "LET ME GET ANOTHER SHOT AT HIM!"

Those who are writing novels and *%%+ trying to sway someone whichever way, you're wasting your time. People will say Jay won and others will say NaS won.It's really no getting past that, so chill with the "Hov witnesses/NaS stans". You're not accomplishing a damn thing.

Btw- this is THEEEEE most talked about topic in music forum history. sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

I don't understand how Jay nut riders can look past this. How is this not him taking the L from ether? My dude's spirit was destroyed. His sidekick istelling you how it was a dark and sad day when ether dropped. What is your defense to this?

Nas won!

I enjoyed Ether. I'm a big Jay fan though. Does that make me a stan? lol
But anyways, this was that song not even Nas fans remembered around my way. N_s Ipods still got thousands of Gucci and Wayne tracks and OneNas track...Ether
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom