The 2009 US Open - Grand Slam Tennis

Guga! I thought he was the best clay courter... until Nadal showed up
pimp.gif

Making me nostalgic, fellas. Wish he still played age-wise considering 32 isn't all that old.

Just don't have the same affinity towards Raffy like I did for Guga.

You must be new to the Andy Roddick fan club. I've learned to mentally prepare myself for these letdowns.
laugh.gif

Being a fan of this kid is an emotional rollercoaster with a lot of heartbreak.

On another note, hope Blake can upset Robredo.

Damnit Andy. I only caught the last set, but Isner absolutely dominated the serve. I really thought Roddick was gonna come back and steal it after that ace tomake it 6-5. Been a real heartbreaking summer for Andy Roddick.

Damn, great match. Can't hate on Isner the kid kept his composure and pulled through. His second serve shots were on point throughout.

Andy, Andy, Andy. Can't say I'm surprised, I see he's trying to play at the net now but that part of his game isn't there yet clearly. Gottagive credit for fighting back in this match but he never should have put himself in an 0-2 hole.

Well it's Blake time!

andy's time is over. he had his chances, just never could come through in the really big matches.

Originally Posted by DA HEN

andy's time is over. he had his chances, just never could come through in the really big matches.
Naw I think Andy lost a lot of smaller matches compared to big ones. He's known for being ousted from new comers and no namers. Sucks for himI just wished he beat fed at Wimbeldon a couple months back

And there goes Dinara... can't really call it an "upset" since she's been soooo shakey all week... Looking that the womens' seeds thathave lost already
eek.gif

And Blake as well... he seems like a pretty decent dude, but tennis-wise, such an under-achiever...
ohwell.gif

Dent and Isner... the remaining hope for American tennis in the tourney...
laugh.gif

Safina is too mentally soft so I'm not surprised at all. In addition, Sharapova's loss was not a surprise because outside of Serena Williams the otherplayers can't serve worth anything. I hope Venus can win but her gimpy knee and her propensity to make errors will be her undoing.

Today is officially upset day. Sharapova, Roddick, Safina.

I feel for Andy. I wanted him to do well and win after his Wimbledon final. Stay up man.

With Blake gone too, I've got only Rafa and Dent to root for

cant believe blake lost. dude had the talent, just not mental toughness to back it up in his whole career.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Really looking forward to the Kimmy Clijsters/V. Williams match up.
Should be a great match. Hopefully V.Williams' gimpy knee won't limit what she can do out there.

I still insist that if it wasn't for the fan interference back in 2003 in that semi finals match against David Nalbandian Roddick would be slamless.

I still insist that if it wasn't for the fan interference back in 2003 in that semi finals match against David Nalbandian Roddick would be slamless.

Truth on that fan interference. Although, if it wasn't for that rain delay during that Wimbledon against Federer, Roddick could have had 2 slams.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

Truth on that fan interference. Although, if it wasn't for that rain delay during that Wimbledon against Federer, Roddick could have had 2 slams.
tongue.gif

Great call my dude.
pimp.gif

That rain delay did mess up his groove but do you think that he could keep that level up the entire match? If I recall correctly, he was unloading on everyshot. In fact, that was the most aggressive I think I've seen him play.

Aepps, who's your godson?

Blake just pisses me off sometimes, he has all the ability in the world but it seems like he's not mentally focused at times throughout the match. Hisdecision-making was definitely off against Robredo not to mention the ankle injury Blake seemed to suffer. Any updates on that??

I think JCF can pull it off against Simon, he's playing very smart.

Rafa doesn't look as sharp as he could be. He has his moments against Kiefer though. Don't feel there's an upset alert with Almagro.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Aepps, who's your godson?

Blake just pisses me off sometimes, he has all the ability in the world but it seems like he's not mentally focused at times throughout the match. His decision-making was definitely off against Robredo not to mention the ankle injury Blake seemed to suffer. Any updates on that??

I think JCF can pull it off against Simon, he's playing very smart.

Rafa doesn't look as sharp as he could be. He has his moments against Kiefer though. Don't feel there's an upset alert with Almagro.
Taylor Dent(
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
), he's been my favorite American men's player of the "newgeneration" (all the American players since Courier, Chang, Agassi, and Sampras).

I agree 100% on Blake, he has all the ability in the world( Incredibly fast, great forehand, much improved backhand) to be the best American player. His serveisn't as good as roddick's but his strokes off the ground are vastly superior and he's a much better defender.

Originally Posted by aepps20

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

tongue.gif
Great call my dude.
pimp.gif

That rain delay did mess up his groove but do you think that he could keep that level up the entire match? If I recall correctly, he was unloading on every shot. In fact, that was the most aggressive I think I've seen him play.

I think that was the best Roddick has ever played in his career. That delay gave Fed a chance to regroup and gather his thoughts before figuring out what waswrong with his game.

And I agree with Blake's mental toughness. He shows so much potential, but just doesn't capitalize on it. Anyone else think how he would have been ifhe didn't crash into that net post?? If anything, props on him making a comeback from that.

Back
Top Bottom