The 2009 US Open - Grand Slam Tennis

I think James had the potential to be a top 5 player but he has had so much bad luck especially in 2004. In 2004 not only did he break his neck but that wasthe same year his father died and it was the same year he got the shingles.

^ yeah... he looked pretty good in 2006 too (how can we forget that memorable QF against Agassi?)... since then, he just hasn't been able to get ittogether. Damn shame... and now it's probably too late.

WTH? Both guys getting a medical time-out? I don't think I've seen that before...

I think you guys are giving Blake too much props. Physically he has just about all the tools. His biggest problem is mentally. The guy has one of the worstshot selection of any player on tour. It's baffling to see some of the shots he still hits to this day. You would expect this from someone 17, 18 years oldjust starting out on tour but this guy is damn near 30 still hitting the same shots when he started out on tour. To think he even went Havard makes it evenmore baffling. People have critized him endlessly through the years but he hasn't changed at all. It's like he's trying to prove everyone that hecan win his way but his time is basically up.

Originally Posted by YoungBuck

I think you guys are giving Blake too much props. Physically he has just about all the tools. His biggest problem is mentally. The guy has one of the worst shot selection of any player on tour. It's baffling to see some of the shots he still hits to this day. You would expect this from someone 17, 18 years old just starting out on tour but this guy is damn near 30 still hitting the same shots when he started out on tour. To think he even went Havard makes it even more baffling. People have critized him endlessly through the years but he hasn't changed at all. It's like he's trying to prove everyone that he can win his way but his time is basically up.
I agree with this, but tennis is a sport where it takes a very long time to break bad habits due to the lack of a real off season. For example,on the women's side, Elena Dementieva has had the worst serve on tour since she came on the scene but its taken her up until this year to get it right(notgreat but she isn't dropping in 20+ DFs a match). Keep in mind she's been playing on the tour for 11 years.

Taylor Dent(
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
), he's been my favorite American men's player of the "new generation" (all the American players since Courier, Chang, Agassi, and Sampras).
Hold up, are you joking about the godson part?

Either way good luck against Murray...what time's that match by the way??

His serve isn't as good as roddick's but his strokes off the ground are vastly superior and he's a much better defender.
Case in point against Robredo Blake's serve was mediocre at best. The announcer kept mentioning it too.

Imagine being a fan of both Roddick and Blake, which I am unfortunately
laugh.gif

Anyone else think how he would have been if he didn't crash into that net post?? If anything, props on him making a comeback from that.
I wonder the same thing but it's mere speculation ya know. Regardless '04 was a trying year to say the least for James Blake. Definitelyagree on giving him credit for bouncing back and putting his life together after the severe injury and his father's untimely death.

The guy has one of the worst shot selection of any player on tour. It's baffling to see some of the shots he still hits to this day. You would expect this from someone 17, 18 years old just starting out on tour but this guy is damn near 30 still hitting the same shots when he started out on tour. To think he even went Havard makes it even more baffling. People have critized him endlessly through the years but he hasn't changed at all. It's like he's trying to prove everyone that he can win his way but his time is basically up.
Yeah Blake left Harvard after two years for tennis. Tough decision to say the least.

It's hard to argue your points because most of it is truth - he shows flashes of brilliance but that's clouded by horrid decision-making at bad times.I don't know the guy personally but you get the impression he's hard headed and probably difficult to coach. At 30 years old James Blake's time isrunning thin, just hope he can make the most of it.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Taylor Dent(
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
), he's been my favorite American men's player of the "new generation" (all the American players since Courier, Chang, Agassi, and Sampras).
Hold up, are you joking about the godson part?

Either way good luck against Murray...what time's that match by the way??

His serve isn't as good as roddick's but his strokes off the ground are vastly superior and he's a much better defender.
Case in point against Robredo Blake's serve was mediocre at best. The announcer kept mentioning it too.

Imagine being a fan of both Roddick and Blake, which I am unfortunately
laugh.gif

Anyone else think how he would have been if he didn't crash into that net post?? If anything, props on him making a comeback from that.
I wonder the same thing but it's mere speculation ya know. Regardless '04 was a trying year to say the least for James Blake. Definitely agree on giving him credit for bouncing back and putting his life together after the severe injury and his father's untimely death.

The guy has one of the worst shot selection of any player on tour. It's baffling to see some of the shots he still hits to this day. You would expect this from someone 17, 18 years old just starting out on tour but this guy is damn near 30 still hitting the same shots when he started out on tour. To think he even went Havard makes it even more baffling. People have critized him endlessly through the years but he hasn't changed at all. It's like he's trying to prove everyone that he can win his way but his time is basically up.
Yeah Blake left Harvard after two years for tennis. Tough decision to say the least.

It's hard to argue your points because most of it is truth - he shows flashes of brilliance but that's clouded by horrid decision-making at bad times. I don't know the guy personally but you get the impression he's hard headed and probably difficult to coach. At 30 years old James Blake's time is running thin, just hope he can make the most of it.

Yeah I was joking about the godson part.

^ Lol... you had me fooled...

Anyway... good to see Rafa go through... just hope his ab strain isn't too severe...

I wonder why they put on some crap merengue music when Nadal wins. I don't hear it when any other tennis player wins their matches.

Surely the people who are making these decisions can't be that cliche and dumb, can they?

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

I wonder why they put on some crap merengue music when Nadal wins. I don't hear it when any other tennis player wins their matches.

Surely the people who are making these decisions can't be that cliche and dumb, can they?

Yes they can, after Serena won I for sure heard Lil Wayne.

I haven't heard Lil Wayne play, but that's kinda messed up if they're assuming things like that. Ridiculous.

Nadal is from Mallorca in the Mediterranean. LOL

Uh oh, Venus. Kim Clijsters is doin' work early!!

Yeah I was joking about the godson part.
Figured
laugh.gif
thought I'd double check anyway. So whattime's the Murray/Dent match?

Venus is not moving well enough to keep up. Her only shot is to get to the net ASAP.

This is what I like about Maria, Serena, Venus, and Kimmy is that they fight no matter the score.

This is gonna be a straight battle...Venus made it look easy
sick.gif

Clijsters is laboring a little bit but she's definitely got the will to win.

Back
Top Bottom