***THE 2011 NFL QUARTERBACK THREAD*** (QBRs through week 9 pg. 16)

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

I never said it was. Ben is not better than Troy period. Not as accurate and not as efficient. Ben can have a 3tds 340yrds game then have 2ints and 2 fumbles the next. I like Ben, dude is clutch and he's tough as nails but he's not better than or as good as Troy Aikman man.

Certainly agree he isn't as accurate, but Troy isn't as dangerous either.  Troy forever had the lead on teams, I can't think of too many games where Troy led a comeback to win.  They get a lead, run the ball all day killin clock, on to the next. 

Ben CAN bring his team back from behind, and he can make plays when things just aren't workin for them out there, and he's shown it over and over.  And he still has his prime years to come.  So while we ding him for not bein as safe and accurate as Troy, he must also be given credit for doing things that Troy could not. 

Wow, that Manning/Brady post
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

All this time I'm thinking Peyton is better than Brady, yea Brady is more successful, when actually Brady is both. Most
of my friends would probably shove me in front of a bus for saying Brady is better than Manning.

[table][tr][th=""]Rk[/th][th=""]Player[/th][th=""]Team[/th][th=""]Pos[/th][th=""]Comp[/th][th=""]Att[/th][th=""]Pct[/th][th=""]Att/G[/th][th=""]Yds[/th][th=""]Avg[/th][th=""]Yds/G[/th][th=""]TD[/th][th=""]Int[/th][th=""]1st[/th][th=""]1st%[/th][th=""]Lng[/th][th=""]20+[/th][th=""]40+[/th][th=""]Sck[/th][th=""]Rate[/th][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]Aaron Rodgers[/td][td]GB[/td][td]QB[/td][td]74[/td][td]103[/td][td]71.8[/td][td]34.3[/td][td]917[/td][td]8.9[/td][td]305.7[/td][td]8[/td][td]1[/td][td]40[/td][td]38.8[/td][td]84T[/td][td]9[/td][td]2[/td][td]5[/td][td]120.9[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]Tom Brady[/td][td]NE[/td][td]QB[/td][td]93[/td][td]133[/td][td]69.9[/td][td]44.3[/td][td]1,327[/td][td]10.0[/td][td]442.3[/td][td]11[/td][td]5[/td][td]64[/td][td]48.1[/td][td]99T[/td][td]22[/td][td]2[/td][td]3[/td][td]113.8[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]Matthew Stafford[/td][td]DET[/td][td]QB[/td][td]79[/td][td]118[/td][td]66.9[/td][td]39.3[/td][td]977[/td][td]8.3[/td][td]325.7[/td][td]9[/td][td]2[/td][td]44[/td][td]37.3[/td][td]60[/td][td]13[/td][td]3[/td][td]5[/td][td]110.7[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]Drew Brees[/td][td]NO[/td][td]QB[/td][td]89[/td][td]130[/td][td]68.5[/td][td]43.3[/td][td]1,059[/td][td]8.1[/td][td]353.0[/td][td]9[/td][td]2[/td][td]51[/td][td]39.2[/td][td]79T[/td][td]12[/td][td]2[/td][td]6[/td][td]109.7[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]Tony Romo[/td][td]DAL[/td][td]QB[/td][td]43[/td][td]69[/td][td]62.3[/td][td]34.5[/td][td]687[/td][td]10.0[/td][td]343.5[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]30[/td][td]43.5[/td][td]77[/td][td]11[/td][td]4[/td][td]5[/td][td]108.8[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td][td]Eli Manning[/td][td]NYG[/td][td]QB[/td][td]53[/td][td]85[/td][td]62.4[/td][td]28.3[/td][td]745[/td][td]8.8[/td][td]248.3[/td][td]6[/td][td]2[/td][td]26[/td][td]30.6[/td][td]74T[/td][td]11[/td][td]4[/td][td]10[/td][td]104.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td][td]Ryan Fitzpatrick[/td][td]BUF[/td][td]QB[/td][td]72[/td][td]111[/td][td]64.9[/td][td]37.0[/td][td]841[/td][td]7.6[/td][td]280.3[/td][td]9[/td][td]3[/td][td]46[/td][td]41.4[/td][td]48[/td][td]9[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]103.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td][td]Matt Hasselbeck[/td][td]TEN[/td][td]QB[/td][td]78[/td][td]112[/td][td]69.6[/td][td]37.3[/td][td]932[/td][td]8.3[/td][td]310.7[/td][td]5[/td][td]2[/td][td]41[/td][td]36.6[/td][td]80T[/td][td]11[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]102.2[/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td][td]Matt Schaub[/td][td]HOU[/td][td]QB[/td][td]60[/td][td]92[/td][td]65.2[/td][td]30.7[/td][td]823[/td][td]8.9[/td][td]274.3[/td][td]6[/td][td]3[/td][td]40[/td][td]43.5[/td][td]62[/td][td]14[/td][td]3[/td][td]6[/td][td]101.9[/td][/tr][/table]

9 Players with QB Ratings over 100 to this point... (Romo going tonight obv so that may get better or worse.)

Some of the YPA and yardage from QBs this year.
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Thoughts after Week 3:

- Hasselbeck
pimp.gif
It's such a joy watching him right now. I knew he could still spin it, given protection and some weapons, but he still looks even better than I was imagining. Britt will hurt, but Hasselbeck has done more with less.

- Eli and the Giants are so much under the radar right now. Hate Eli's demeanor, but the guy is a Manning and you see it from time to time. Just can't count him out no matter what. He and the Giants are sneaky good.

- Tarvaris is not playing bad, guys. I mean, bias aside, he's NOT playing bad. The problem is he's too tenative. Makes very few mistakes when it comes to ball security. Always keeps his team within doable ranges of first downs by throwing away or scrambling for a few, but I feel he's scared to take shots. Still has the tools, just not the tenacity. I'm a fan, but even I know

- I still don't even know who Josh Freeman is. For whatever reason, he's the only Q I can't get a good read on. He's a competitor, I know that.

- Jason Campbell is a low key guy and an average QB, but he is capable of managing a team to a successful season. I just don't understand his take on dropping it off to checkdowns. More than once, he put his RB doing the checkdown route in bad situations that netted the team a loss of yards and were overall high risk, low reward plays. Coach needs to tell him the checkdown isn't just an automatic dumpoff when he can't go downfield. You can still throw it away Campbell. Quit being crazy.

Rodgers can get to a CAREER Passer rating of 100.0+ with a roughly 110.00+ game this weekend vs the Broncos.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Whoa whoa whoa. I'm a looong time Steeler fan (since '79). I would never put Ben in the same category as Aikman. Aikman had solid mechanics & fundamentals (after having worked hard). Despite the super bowl rings & pro bowls, Ben is still horrible mechanically & has horrible fundementals (Steeler OC coordinator Arians is culpable for part/a lot of this). He holds onto the ball way too long, doesn't know how to throw it away, & still throws too much off of his back foot. I just don't see the him having the work ethic of elite QBs with Ben. If he did, he wouldn't be making some of the same tired mistakes over & over. 

Jason Campbell is a low key guy and an average QB, but he is capable of managing a team to a successful season. I just don't understand his take on dropping it off to checkdowns. More than once, he put his RB doing the checkdown route in bad situations that netted the team a loss of yards and were overall high risk, low reward plays. Coach needs to tell him the checkdown isn't just an automatic dumpoff when he can't go downfield. You can still throw it away Campbell. Quit being crazy.

I agree about his checkdowns being an issue, but he seems to have improved on his "fear" of throwing the deep ball. The Raiders philosophy is to bomb it and he's buying in. Also, don't look now, but he's playing the BEST out of all the QB's in the AFC West. That says a lot right now.

Peyton is better than tom brady ...

whether yall wanna talk about QB ratings, tds, yards ... whatever ... even this new QBR statistic said so ... this dude has put this team on his back forever ... it's really sad ... even w/ all the "Pieces" he has on offense ... this team is terrible ... i'll give the naysayers the fact that he should have beat the saints ... even though my counter will be pierre garcon dropped a big 3rd down pass when the colts were killing in the first half and that onside kick
30t6p3b.gif

QBR Leaders: 2008-10
Over the three years that were charted to create the QBR, one name rises to the top, with Peyton Manning recording the best seasons.

RankSeasonQBTeamAction PlaysQBR
12009Peyton ManningIND66082.3
22008Peyton ManningIND64979.7
32009Drew BreesNO61377.2
42010Tom BradyNE60776.0
52008Matt RyanATL57072.6
62008Chad PenningtonMIA57772.3
72009Philip RiversSD60271.8
82008Jay CutlerDEN74171.3
92009Matt SchaubHOU69471.0
102009Aaron RodgersGB71769.7
112010Peyton ManningIND77969.5
122009Vince YoungTEN34769.2
132008Matt SchaubHOU47469.2
142008Philip RiversSD59069.1
152010Matt RyanATL70968.6
162010Aaron RodgersGB62767.9
172009Ben RoethlisbergerPIT65267.3
182010Michael VickPHI54766.6
192008Kurt WarnerARI70266.5
202010Drew BreesNO76065.9

Ben Roethlisberger and Tony Romo are rapidly descending down the QB rankings.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by cantgetright

Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the league right now
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Meet me in the Week in Review thread tomorrow... Well tell em.
i don't think anyone will argue at this point...

if you had to take a qb for the rest of this season+playoffs would you all take rodgers? i would, but its hard picking against brady whos been playing at an elite level for years now.

its just nuts how quickly rodgers ascended this high, a year ago to this day nobody would have picked him in their top 3.

I would take Rodgers.

It's hard to pick against Brady but he hasn't won a Super Bowl in a while.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

if you had to take a qb for the rest of this season+playoffs would you all take rodgers? i would, but its hard picking against brady whos been playing at an elite level for years now.

its just nuts how quickly rodgers ascended this high, a year ago to this day nobody would have picked him in their top 3.

I wouldn't say 'nobody'....

At the beginning of last year, I had him in my top 5 behind Manning, Brady, Brees, and Rivers....I see him twice a year just from lion games alone and prior to last year, he showed flashes of what he eventually turned out to be

Aaron Rodgers is the best quarterback in the league and I envy the Green Bay Packers for having someone who doesn't throw the game away.

"Actually, this is about a 31-year-old, nine-year veteran making the same dumb decisions season after season. There's no reason, if we're honest, to think it'll ever stop."

I dont know when im ready yo say Rodgers is clearly better than Brady but I will say this. The main thing to me personally that would make Rodgers better than Brady is his running, escape ability, and being able to throw on the run. Brady just sits there for an eternity and waits for someone to become wide open. Rodgers on the other hand, my god...I have never seen someone so accurate rolling out either to their left and right. We saw it a million times against Atlanta in the playoffs last year. Its 3rd and 10 for the 13th time and this dude is rolling out to his left, throwing across his body, to the players BACK shoulder at the marker. He did this probably 13 times. The pass is impossible to guard to begin with, but he's making this pass running opposite of his throwing arm. I have never seen Tom Brady do this once. Rodgers does it consistently.

Quoted from WIR thread...

Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the game right now.

Yesterday - 29/38 408 yards, 4 passing TD's, 2 rushing TD's, QB rating of 134.5

Season - 73% completion, 12 TD's, 2 INT's (1 bad read on Urlacher and 2nd was WR butterfingers word to 2010 Eli), 2 rushing TD's and QB rating 124.6

Hes been improving more and more every year, last year arguably was in MVP race (at least with those behind brady...) This year will be a Rodgers/Brady and possibly Brees race to the MVP.

He's by far the most accurate QB on the run, only Brees comes close and arguably the most accurate overall.  Escapes the pocket when it collapses better than anyone except MAYBE Romo and Vick but takes much less punishment than both.

Dude throws the ball on a rope from any position and makes plays you wouldnt see Brady dream of making every week.  And I'd love to see what it'd be like if the 2 of them switched pocket's that they throw from for a game...

Rodgers is now the best QB in the NFL.

I'm now confident in these statements. And frankly now im regretting not gassing him up sooner.
laugh.gif

Question...I'm pretty young at 20 so there are alot of Quarterbacks careers that I havent seen start to finish.

Has there ever been a quarterback that has been developed by an organization as well as Rodgers? Im talking get drafted, sit and learn, go through the process, get a year or two for experience, then voila top tier QB.

All the top tier QB's i see now were either prodigies to begin with or were stars out of no where.

Manning was a prodigy coming out of college and started his rookie year.
Brady was a miracle along with Favre
Brees? I feel like he just sat there forever in San Diego, played a year and showed he had talent, got shipped off and excelled w/ the saints. For the simple fact that he switched teams I dont think he can relate the process Rodgers went through.

Yall get what im saying though? Everyone is just throwing their QB in first year or just hoping they're ready when they need them. The Packers though had a plan and executed it perfectly. Its the main reason Favre was told not to come back...Because Rodgers was ready. The Packers created a Superstar.

Back
Top Bottom