The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Nick Foles crappy self will be the third QB drafted. 
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

716e6aa915c7c2d1d755e4373f02c893.jpg

Foles has better footwork than Flacco already, even though Joe has improved in that area somewhat. Foles just doesn't have quite the arm strength that Flacco does, but can still make all the throws.

Still think Foles will be a surprise to the team that gets him.

Originally Posted by dreClark

I have no doubt that Sean Spence is going to be an animal in the L.

i agree.. i think he ends up being better than zach brown.. if the eagles didn't have like 500 weakside LBs would love to get this guy.. hell if we could get him with our 2nd 2nd rounder or 3rd, i would still be down for the eagles getting him

russy is only 5'10...

better get back in that batting cage
im kinda mad nfldc featured bobby waggner from utah st.

he's been my sleeper OLB for 2 years.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

im kinda mad nfldc featured bobby waggner from utah st.

he's been my sleeper OLB for 2 years.
I had the Utah St bowl game to cover mostly for Turbin, and Wagner was all over the joint.  I remember being impressed with him.  Not sure what his measurables are and all that, but he looked like a player to me. 

Turbin btw looks like Michael Turners son or some @#$% 

im not a big turbin fan. he benefits from spread just like LaMike.

i'd take LaMike all day over him.

eek.gif
Kellen Moore's arm is actually worse than I thought. jesusssss

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Foles has better footwork than Flacco already, even though Joe has improved in that area somewhat. Foles just doesn't have quite the arm strength that Flacco does, but can still make all the throws.

Still think Foles will be a surprise to the team that gets him.

Really? I see no upside in him. I much rather take a chance and try to develop Brock Osweiler/Ryan Tannehill. I guess it depends on your needs but Foles looks like a career back up to me.

The 2012 NFL Draft may be three months away, but the evaluation process is already in full swing. NFL draft guru Mike Mayock provides his early prospect rankings at each position. These rankings will be regularly updated in the coming months, but here is where things stand on the week of the Senior Bowl:
[h4]Quarterback[/h4]
1. Andrew Luck, Stanford
2. Robert Griffin III, Baylor
3. Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M

It's far too early in the process to apply rankings after the top three quarterbacks, but there are plenty of other signal-callers to keep an eye on. Some will be easier to evaluate than others:

Trust the process:

Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State
Nick Foles, Arizona
Brock Osweiler, Arizona State
Kirk Cousins, Michigan State
Ryan Lindley, San Diego State

Figure them out:

Russell Wilson, Wisconsin
Kellen Moore, Boise State
[h4]Running Back[/h4]
1. Trent Richardson, Alabama
2. David Wilson, Virginia Tech
3. Lamar Miller, Miami (FL)
4. Doug Martin, Boise State
5. LaMichael James, Oregon
[h4]Wide Receiver[/h4]
1. Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State
2. Michael Floyd, Notre Dame
3. Kendall Wright, Baylor
4. Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina
5. Chris Givens, Wake Forest
[h4]Tight End[/h4]
1. Dwayne Allen, Clemson
2. Coby Fleener, Stanford
3. Orson Charles, Georgia
4. Ladarius Green, Louisiana-Lafayette
5. Michael Egnew, Missouri
[h4]Tackle[/h4]
1. Riley Reiff, Iowa
2. Matt Kalil, USC
3. Jonathan Martin, Stanford
4. Mike Adams, Ohio State
T-5. James Brown, Troy
T-5. Zebrie Sanders, Florida State
[h4]Interior Offensive Lineman[/h4]
1. David DeCastro, Stanford
2. Peter Konz, Wisconsin
3. Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin
4. Cordy Glenn, Georgia
5. Kelechi Osemele, Iowa State
[h4]Defensive End[/h4]
1. Quinton Coples, North Carolina
2. Melvin Ingram, South Carolina
3. Whitney Mercilus, Illinois
4. Nick Perry, USC
T-5. Chandler Jones, Syracuse
T-5. Andre Branch, Clemson
[h4]Defensive Tackle[/h4]
1. Devon Still, Penn State
2. Jerel Worthy, Michigan State
3. Michael Brockers, LSU
4. Brandon Thompson, Clemson
T-5. Fletcher Cox, Mississippi State
T-5. Dontari Poe, Memphis
[h4]Linebacker[/h4]
1. Courtney Upshaw, Alabama
2. Luke Kuechly, Boston College
3. Dont'a Hightower, Alabama
4. Zach Brown, North Carolina
5. Vontaze Burfict, Arizona State
[h4]Cornerback[/h4]
1. Morris Claiborne, LSU
2. Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama
3. Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska
4. Leonard Johnson, Iowa State
5. Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama
[h4]Safety[/h4]
1. Mark Barron, Alabama
2. Harrison Smith, Notre Dame
3. George Iloka, Boise State
4. Markelle Martin, Oklahoma State
T-5. Janzen Jackson, McNeese State
T-5. Antonio Allen, South Carolina

link: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0900...ings-for-2012-nfl-draft?campaign=Twitter_news

Melvin Ingram is unbelievable.

he can be n all.pro at DT, DE or OLB.

i cant wait to see him at the combine doing LB drills at 6'2 280

Originally Posted by HankMoody

From WF:
eaglesb_logo.gif
 Philadelphia Eagles: Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame 
NotreDame_logo.gif

DeSean Jackson was criticized all year for dropping too many passes and not giving his all, but he had a strong finish to the 2011 season, which prompted Andy Reid to praise him during the Week 17 post-game press conference. There's now a chance that Jackson could be back, but I still have my doubts. Reid could have been talking him up for a potential tag-and-trade scheme, so I'm 70-30 on Jackson not returning. 

If Jackson isn't retained, the Eagles will need a new receiver, and Michael Floyd is the top prospect on the board who currently makes sense for Philadelphia (the top player available besides Melvin Ingram). If the Eagles re-sign Jackson, then I'll obviously change this pick. 

Would be a good fit but I'm hoping he falls to the Bears.  Alshon Jeffery mocked at 26 to the Texans.  
man i hope he falls to us and we get vjax in free agency  

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Reportedly the Dolphins are going to switch from a 3-4 to a 4-3.... not sure how i feel about tinkering with a Good, could be great, defense.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]if that's the case they will be looking at: Melvin Ingram, [/color][color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Quinton Coples, [/color][color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Courtney Upshaw who is a monster, or Michael Brockers.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]either way... if they draft first on defense, have a defensive draft. we'll see.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]source...[/color]
Spoiler [+]

Originally Posted by im that one

Reportedly the Dolphins are going to switch from a 3-4 to a 4-3.... not sure how i feel about tinkering with a Good, could be great, defense.

if that's the case they will be looking at: Melvin Ingram, Quinton Coples, Courtney Upshaw who is a monster, or Michael Brockers.
aren't these 2 mainly 3-4 guys?

even coples might be a 3-4 DE, with his size and he's shown the ability to hold up as a DT in a regular 4-3 front.. but dude is a beast, so he can fit any scheme

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]which is my main thing about looking or drafting either player. but looking at LB converting from a 3-4 to a 4-3 (a good comparison of athleticism, football IQ, playing style, speed, strength, etc.) would be Von Miller. I remember seeing a Lot of doubt in last years draft thread (me included, more so because of the defense) and look at what happened. The dolphins front 7 is good. But with JT retiring, the only good pass rush threat is Cam Wake. He needs help opposite, also need help at safety. Melvin is 6-2 and is a little heavier at 275 (or so)... Upshaw 6-2 265... but these are the guys. It'll also depend if Cam play OLB or put his hand on the ground, which is what i think he'll do. If that's the case... Coples could be the target.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]but I really like Courtney and Coples... so we'll see.[/color]

^
Per a bunch of dudes on Twitter, the Dolphins are heavily following around Coples.  Take that for what it's worth. 

DeCastro, Coples, Upshaw, either way, we should be getting a very nice value player.  And we need to start being right for a change on picks.  No more Ginn's. 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
Per a bunch of dudes on Twitter, the Dolphins are heavily following around Coples.  Take that for what it's worth. 

DeCastro, Coples, Upshaw, either way, we should be getting a very nice value player.  And we need to start being right for a change on picks.  No more Ginn's. 
30t6p3b.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]or Jamar Fletcher's, Jason Allen's, Randal Hill's, Yatil Green's, John Beck's, or Pat White's! [/color]
mad.gif
30t6p3b.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]things that just infuriate me... Stupid 1st round selections and going into the second round with need and you get Crap! Value is a very good word to use.[/color]

Originally Posted by im that one

Originally Posted by CP1708

^

30t6p3b.gif
or Jamar Fletcher's, Jason Allen's, Randal Hill's, Yatil Green's, John Beck's, or Pat White's!
mad.gif
30t6p3b.gif

things that just infuriate me... Stupid 1st round selections and going into the second round with need and you get Crap! Value is a very good word to use.

You don't gotta tell me bro, one of the first things I did when I started on that site was go back and look at all we've failed on. 

It's BAD. 

This is part of what I wrote a few months back.

However, before anyone builds their hopes up too high, perhaps we should delve into the history of the Miami Dolphins and see how they have handled the draft previously.  I should warn you, if you have a weak stomach, this may not be the read you’re looking for.  Starting from 1995, Don Shula’s final year, let’s examine how the Dolphins have fared and the multitude of mistakes that have been made, such as:

1995 Selecting O lineman Billy Milner ahead of LB Derrick Brooks

1996 Selecting DT Daryl Gardener ahead of MLB Ray Lewis, trading away their second round pick, a round that produced WR Eric Moulds, FB Mike Alstott, Safety Lawyer Milloy, WR Amani Toomer, and Safety Brian Dawkins

1997 Selecting WR Yatil Green ahead of QB Jake Plummer or RB Tiki Barber

1998 Jimmy Johnson had his eye on a player at 19, but thought there was no way that player would drop that far, so when Green Bay called and asked to trade up, Jimmy said yes so he could add an extra pick or two.  Then as pick number 19 came and went, that player was still sitting there……….Randy Moss was that player.  He would do well selecting Patrick Surtain in round 2, in round 3 however, he would miss again, this time passing on QB Brian Griese or WR Hines Ward in favor of LB Brad Jackson.

1999 Miami had no first round pick in a LOADED draft that produced 5 QB’s (though most of them failed) RB Edgerrin James, Ricky Williams, WR Tory Holt, CB Champ Bailey, and DE Javon Kearse. 

2000 Maybe the cruelest of all ironies, the Dolphins had the #1 pick in the sixth round, the next selection was QB Marc Bulger, and toward the end of the round, pick #199, Tom Brady

2001 Taking Jamar Fletcher ahead of WR Reggie Wayne and having no #2 pick in a round that had QB Drew Brees, and WR Chad Johnson.  (Now, in fairness they would have had no shot at Brees as he was the first pick of the round, I’m merely lamenting the fact of the franchise not having a pick in the second round, a round that continually produces talent to help teams win games each year.  This will turn into an ugly pattern as the years go by)

2002 The first pick moved in the Ricky Williams deal, had they waited, they could have selected RB Clinton Portis, from Miami, who had just won the National Championship.  Taking Seth McKinney in the 3[sup]rd[/sup] round just 1 pick before RB Brian Westbrook only made it worse, either would have been great running backs to have as well as other picks they would not have been forced to give up. 

2003 The Ricky Williams deal takes this #1 pick as well, with running backs Willis McGahee and Larry Johnson being picked late in the round as well as TE Dallas Clark and CB Nnamdi Asomugha.  Taking OLB Eddie Moore over WR Anquan Boldin, DE Osi Umenyiora, or TE Jason Witten.  CB Asante Samuel is taken 1 pick after the Dolphins traded pick in round 4. 

2004 Selecting Guard Vernon Carey ahead of DT Vince Wilfork, or RB Steven Jackson, and this pick was made with no second or third round pick for depth.  QB Matt Schaub goes in round 3, as does DT Darnell Dockett

2005 At #2, the Dolphins choose Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers, also passing on Demarcus Ware, with Matt Roth being selected ahead of WR Vincent Jackson or RB Frank Gore in round three.  The fact that the Dolphins could have chosen Rodgers at 2, and Gore in round 3 will haunt me for eternity. 

2006 Safety Jason Allen, another SEC alum that Saban liked, over CB Antonio Cromartie, WR Santonio Holmes, RB DeAngelo Williams, or Center Nick Mangold.  The 2[sup]nd[/sup] round pick was moved for QB Daunte Culpepper and cost them a shot at Greg Jennings.  In the 4[sup]th[/sup] round, the Dolphins take OT Joe Toledo, and 5 picks later WR Brandon Marshall is selected, DE Elvis Dumerville a few picks after that.  The Denver Broncos had a better 4[sup]th[/sup] round of the draft than Miami has had almost the entire decade up to this point.  All in the name of Joe Toledo. 

2007 Sitting at #9, the Dolphins take WR Ted Ginn Jr, picks number 11, and 14 are Patrick Willis and Darrelle Revis respectively.  In the second round, the Phins take QB John Beck.

2008 Jake Long was taken before another franchise QB in Matt Ryan, with the second round even more puzzling, DE Phil Merling being taken ahead of RB Matt Forte, RB Ray Rice, RB Shonn Greene, or WR DeSean Jackson.  In round three Kendall Langford is selected ahead of RB Jamaal Charles or TE Jermichael Finley.  QB Chad Henne is also selected with an extra second rounder. 

2009  CB Vontae Davis is selected just one pick ahead of LB Clay Mathews, with WR’s Hakeem Nicks and Kenny Britt right after.  All of which would have fit in on Miami’s roster.  In the second round they take QB Pat White ahead of RB LeSean McCoy.  Those of you scoring at home, that’s four consecutive years the Dolphins have used a second round pick on a QB.

2010 The Dolphins do something wise for a change, trading down a few spots, adding a second rounder since they had traded theirs away already for WR Brandon Marshall, and with the pick select LB Koa Misi, 2 pick ahead of Rob Gronkowski, TE for the Patriots.  If they didn’t like Gronkowski, they could have at least taken TE Aaron Hernandez, who was also scooped up by the Patriots.  The Dolphins held the 12[sup]th[/sup] pick and could simply have selected the younger, equally as talented Dez Bryant instead of trading a 2 second rounders away for Marshall.

The names in bold have all played in a Super Bowl with their respective teams, the names not in bold have at least gone on to have pro bowl caliber careers.  These are players who COULD have been Dolphins, and in some cases should have been.  Now, I understand that hindsight is 20/20 and by no means do I mean to say that the Dolphins could have ALL of these players.  Certainly there was no need to draft Jake Plummer, Marc Bulger, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Matt Schaub, Aaron Rodgers, or Matt Ryan year after year.  If they would have had the vision to select ONE of these quarterbacks, it would have spared Dolphin fans the cruel reality of rooting for Joey Harrington, Cleo Lemon, John Beck, Pat White, Chad Henne, Tyler Thigpen, Matt Moore as quarterbacks these past few years.  No fanbase deserves that.  And while we’re here, Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings, Clay Mathews, and Jermichael Finley, all passed up by Miami, all end up on Green Bay, who just won the Super Bowl.  I feel like the Dolphins should at least get a thank you card or some flowers or something from the Packers, right? 

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]^ yep... i've read all that before.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I remember vividly yelling "WHY DIDN'T YOU GET RAY LEWIS" being a U fan. I was pissed.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]lol... i remember vividly yelling a lot of times during Dolphins drafts.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]i like BM, but this is the first thing said.[/color]
2010 The Dolphins do something wise for a change, trading down a few spots, adding a second rounder since they had traded theirs away already for WR Brandon Marshall, and with the pick select LB Koa Misi, 2 pick ahead of Rob Gronkowski, TE for the Patriots.  If they didn’t like Gronkowski, they could have at least taken TE Aaron Hernandez, who was also scooped up by the Patriots.  The Dolphins held the 12[sup]th[/sup] pick and could simply have selected the younger, equally as talented Dez Bryant instead of trading a 2 second rounders away for Marshall.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]although come to find out he is dumb as a brick, doesn't understand the playbook, and is constantly in trouble. so i'm glad i was wrong for once.[/color]

I don't even yell, for me it's more like picking up a bunch of papers at once, lookin underneath, and lookin around the room, trying to figure out "who'd they just take?" 
ohwell.gif

Quite depressing. 
laugh.gif

Melvin Ingram can play whatever position you need him to play. He is not a scheme dependent guy. 3-Tech, 5-Tech, DE, OLB, 3-4, 4-3 don't matter.

Back
Top Bottom