The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

I believe that the ******** made a bold but wise move to trade up to get either (yes either) RGIII or Andrew Luck.

How is it either now? Are the Colts no longer a lock to take Luck? Wth did I miss?

laugh.gif

The vikings have the opportunity to pick the best non QB in the world this year, please don't mess it up. The fan in me wants Blackmon, the common sense in me wants Khalil.

Who the hell is that guy? Colt can be a good NFL QB, he just needs weapons around him and time to settle in to a system. His numbers through two years are pretty much identical to Bradford's without having a great RB to give the ball to.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

The vikings have the opportunity to pick the best non QB in the world this year, please don't mess it up. The fan in me wants Blackmon, the common sense in me wants Khalil.

You really think Kalil is THAT good?

Originally Posted by Buc Em

You really think Kalil is THAT good?
Doesn't matter. They already went ahead and made Ponder the future last year by drafting him so now they need to fully invest in that decision, so it only  makes sense to protect his blind side with a LT.

I definitely agree with that....but son just called Kalil the best non quarterback in the world. What the hell.

mychal kendricks is short but he's built solid, he has experience inside and outside in a 34, and his timed speed translates to the field. stat stuffer in college, very productive. good 2nd round grab

marvin jones: decently explosive against college comp, good hands, plays hard, was a stick figure before this year but he put on weight and looks ready for the league. i was wondering whether some of his production was because of the focus on keenan but that's not fair, marvin made a lot of plays. i'd wait til the 3rd or 4th round, depending on if there's a run on receivers

hard to square the criticism of burfict with my memories of him as a freshman looking like a man among boys. he can hit hard, but yeah he was invisible a lot this year

here's 3 teams that recently had 5 first round picks in 3 years like the rams are about to. for the niners and broncos it was two consecutive years of two picks each, so you can choose either bookend year to finish the set.
niners: (alex smith), vernon, lawson, willis, staley, (kentwan balmer)
jets: d'brickashaw, mangold, revis, gholston, keller
broncos: (clady), knowshon, ayers, bey-bey, god's son, (von miller)
nice to have those extra picks

*edit: credit to barnwell for this info, the one above-average grantland staff writer

For this years class, is he not?

I didn't know you were talking just draft prospects. But yeah I guess I'd say either him or Trent would be the top non qb

Saints having already traded their first round pick, now getting their 2nd ripped from them, AND a 2 next year. 
eek.gif
sick.gif

Now have 2 forfeited picks in the first couple rounds, 1 Oakland's and now the Saints.  May not seem like much, but that's added depth when you move up essentially 2 spots. 
smokin.gif

Next couple weeks gonna DRAG on.  I want the draft to be here already. 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Bengals give the 17 and 21 to the Bills...

Bengals get Richardson

Bills get extra picks

WIN/WIN

That wouldn't happen in a million years.. It doesn't even make sense in terms of trade value charts.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I definitely agree with that....but son just called Kalil the best non quarterback in the world. What the hell.

I agree as well. Kalil would be the best pick for vikings, if they dont trade down. Either Clariborne or Kailil are the best choices at 3

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Kendall Wright 4.43 at his pro day.
2nd run a 4.45

And he plays faster than that.....

He is Santonio Holmes 2.0

I am trying to break down Griffin this weekend and all I see is this dude Kendall destroying people out of his breaks.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Bengals give the 17 and 21 to the Bills...

Bengals get Richardson

Bills get extra picks

WIN/WIN
The only team that wins is the Bills.

Mike Brown doesn't even really get into trades so that is way out of the question.

I wouldn't mind giving up the 21st pick for a combination of players/picks. But then again there is a lot of talent available in those spots so it's probably best to hold tight.

Anyone know this Dale Moss kid outta South Dakota St? Dude is 6-3 ran a 4.3, like a 41 inch vert and some other crazy measurables. Scouts goin insane on Twitter about his Pro Day. Converted basketball player turned WR.

Back
Top Bottom