The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

Originally Posted by psk2310

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

What happens if Gabbert takes huge steps this season?
I think a lot of guys in the league would flinch when you consider that o line.
Actually, the Jag o-line is ok. The only thing they really need is a new L OT. Although Kalil is out of their reach (don't see them trading up to get him), they may be able to get someone like Stanford's Jonathan Martin in the second round. They will probably target another WR though...

It will be interesting to see what Mike Mularkey will be able to do with Gabbert. He's a solid OC & not sure he would've taken the job (leaving a solid team on the rise like the Falcons) if he didn't think he could improve Gabbert (at least I think). So seeing what Gabbert can do in 2012 will be interesting to see.

No it isnt at pass blocking esp combined with those skill players.

The Jaguars also hired Greg Olsen as Gabbert's QB coach........you do not know how %+@+%$% awful he is unless you're a Bucs fan.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

The Jaguars also hired Greg Olsen as Gabbert's QB coach........you do not know how %+@+%$% awful he is unless you're a Bucs fan.

Oh I know Gabbert is bunz, but to be fair NT is the only place I remember who put him in the second round of a mock

i was watching dan patrick show the other day and peter king was on.

he said RGIII will have the 'skins winning 10 games this year.

what do u guys think?

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

what do u guys think?
If RGIII is as smart as people talk about & seems, he should do alright but I'm not the biggest believer in the Shannahans. I liked seeing Marriuci have him recall one of the west coast offense plays by memory & he drew up the play from memory exactly as it was designed.

Bruce Allen spent some of Snyder's dough to get him some weapons but I'm not sold on Josh Morgan (still kind of unproven) & Pierre Garcon (product of system?). Helps they have a decent defense too.

So many compelling stories in the NFL for the upcoming season, can't wait...

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Does anyone else feel like this years draft is disappointing relative to the 2011 NFL Draft?

I mean last year, we had hot players like Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert..

this year we have Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III...
sick.gif
Are you referring to Gabbert being good looking when you say hot? Because he was one of the worst QBs I've ever seen play. In addition, I've never seen a QB that afraid to take a hit. Dude has no business playing in the NFL. Good thing the NFL has a rookie wage scale now to lessen the blow in making horrible first round draft decisions. Jacksonville GM gene smith just can't admit he made a mistake by sticking with this nitwit...I feel for MJD. He's been a great RB the last several years on some very bad teams. Steve Jackson in St. Louis too, but they might be on the rise somewhat. 

Yeah Blaine looks scared out there in the few times I saw him. He wouldnt step into his throws like 75 pct of time.  I dont know how you improve pocket toughness besides having a hard as coach like Bill Parcells to call you out on it repeatedly but I dont know if a coach like that would keep him.

Does anyone else feel like this years draft is disappointing relative to the 2011 NFL Draft?

I mean last year, we had hot players like Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert..

this year we have Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III...
sick.gif
Are you referring to Gabbert being good looking when you say hot? Because he was one of the worst QBs I've ever seen play. In addition, I've never seen a QB that afraid to take a hit. Dude has no business playing in the NFL. Good thing the NFL has a rookie wage scale now to lessen the blow in making horrible first round draft decisions. Jacksonville GM gene smith just can't admit he made a mistake by sticking with this nitwit...I feel for MJD. He's been a great RB the last several years on some very bad teams. Steve Jackson in St. Louis too, but they might be on the rise somewhat. 

Yeah Blaine looks scared out there in the few times I saw him. He wouldnt step into his throws like 75 pct of time.  I dont know how you improve pocket toughness besides having a hard as coach like Bill Parcells to call you out on it repeatedly but I dont know if a coach like that would keep him.

Ahhh....that's what you meant when you were comparing their looks.  Makes sense now.  Thanks for clearing it up. 

jay glazer is reporting that the eagles and falcons are discussing a trade for asante..

please baby jesus let this go down before the draft AND we get something in this draft.. actually hell, i just hope we get something

^ ha ha ha itsabouthalftime...Seems like the iggles have been trying to trade Asante since he got there (really after the first year). Can't wait until Thursday....I wouldn't trust any of the info coming out this week, teams, agents, & others are putting out so much misinformation to push their agendas...

I'd like to smack the person that put out the recent RGIII info. I highly doubt any scout said those things. I think it was some moron so-called journalist making %@* up to grab a headline.

I'd like to smack the person that put out the recent RGIII info.

when i saw that foolishness.. man.. all i could do was
30t6p3b.gif

i seriously think the only chance this dude has of failing is because of synder and co.. and i'm not being an eagles' homer when i say that.. i think they have already started off on a bad foot overpaying for those WRs

Yea, those WRs seem way overrated even unproven to me especially Josh Morgan. I'm rooting for Garcon, especially since he's from the West Indies-Haiti (I grew up with tons of West Indian folks) but I think he might be a product of the Colts system. Hope he proves me wrong though. I'm also not the biggest fan of the shannahans. Their just too rigid in their coaching & don't adjust well to the talent they have, actually too many coaches are too rigid. We'll see though...

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

what do u guys think?

I really don't see a ******** team with a rookie QB no matter how good winning 10 games in the NFC East in their first year. Simply put I'm not scared of the ******** yet, lack of running game, and the WR they have aren't making O-Coordinators game plan specifically for them.

Yea, those WRs seem way overrated even unproven to me especially Josh Morgan. I'm rooting for Garcon, especially since he's from the West Indies-Haiti (I grew up with tons of West Indian folks) but I think he might be a product of the Colts system. Hope he proves me wrong though. I'm also not the biggest fan of the shannahans. Their just too rigid in their coaching & don't adjust well to the talent they have, actually too many coaches are too rigid. We'll see though...

I think his production last year proves that he's a good player and you can make an argument that he's NOT just a product of the Colts system.

He's getting big $ and we'll see if he can be a #1 WR.  He can stretch the field and it's going to be an asset if he can develop good chemistry w. RGIII

Originally Posted by dreClark

Have y'all seen Pierre Garçon's routes?
Yes & that's why I think he might be a product of the Colts system. He's very inconsistent with his route running. Sometimes he looks like Jerry Rice running tight & perfectly timed routes & other times he looks like garbage. He also drops catchable balls a little too often. He also had the benefit of having Reggie Wayne at the other end and Dallas Clark which opened a lot of things up for him (not to mention having one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game in PM). He's not going to have those guys to pull coverage away like that.

BTW, I hate most sports writers but Peter King is one I do like. Here's a link to his one minute drills for each of the teams if anyone's interested.

How does inconsistent route running lead to a player being a product of a system? To me it just suggests he has room to improve as a player.

Dallas Clark didn't do *%*% last year and he damn near had 1,000 yards with no Peyton Manning, no running game and no "surprise" factor anymore.

How does inconsistent route running lead to a player being a product of a system? To me it just suggests he has room to improve as a player.

Dallas Clark didn't do *%*% last year and he damn near had 1,000 yards with no Peyton Manning, no running game and no "surprise" factor anymore.

Dre...lemme ask you. 

If RGIII and Garcon play a full 16, what do you think PG's #'s will look like? 

You asked about his route running so I answered you with my observation. You're right, Dallas Clark missed a lot of time last year, but the offense in general during the time PG played there (with all of it's weapons) enabled PG to shine. He doesn't have anything proven coming over to the Skins. If you don't see that, then there's nothing more I can say. You're right though, he has room for improvement & he has the rep of being a good team guy & hard worker so I wish him the best.

Smokescreen's are killin me. 
laugh.gif

People sellin that Gilmore is gonna be a top 10 pick and go before Dre does. 
ohwell.gif

Kalil may not go at 3 (which would be absurd) 

And now after all this Miami/Tannehill/Osweiler flirting and talk, smoke signals out that we're going to take Weeden blind.  (without working him out or even meeting with him) 

I hate smokescreens. 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Smokescreen's are killin me. 
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

Kalil may not go at 3 (which would be absurd) 

And now after all this Miami/Tannehill/Osweiler flirting and talk, smoke signals out that we're going to take Weeden blind.  (without working him out or even meeting with him) 

I hate smokescreens. 
sick.gif
laugh.gif
I'm not a huge NFL draft guy and you seem that you're more in tune with what's going on than most, but do you think they are smokescreens or that the media and bloggers are finally getting note of what the real NFL big boards are actually looking like? 

Originally Posted by CP1708

ohwell.gif
i really think this happens though.. some teams view dre as a safety (he does have the height.. but would need to put on weight)

but just looking at the highlights, dre doesn't seem as natural at the position as gilmore does.. but then again, that's just watching their highlights (since i hardly watch college football anymore)

Originally Posted by joegolfdad

I'm not a huge NFL draft guy and you seem that you're more in tune with what's going on than most, but do you think they are smokescreens or that the media and bloggers are finally getting note of what the real NFL big boards are actually looking like? 

It's everything, bloggers talkin out their @$*, leaks from sources, media guys that get tips that either are, or aren't true (for the purpose of smokescreens
laugh.gif
)

Just no way to know who to trust, or what's what at this point.  Teams obviously set up their draft boards and run their reports dependant on needs/BPA/strength of positions/premiums (like if you need a safety, this year will have a premium as there are not many good ones to choose from, whereas there are 35+viable wide receivers to select over the course of 7 rounds.) 

Add it all up and everything that seems so clear a month ago becomes muddy as hell right now. 

What in the world are the Vikes going to do? They need a CB really bad & an LT. They could also use a WR since Harvin seems to be so fragile. Any Vike fans wanna chime in to say what you'd like them to see what they do with their pick?

Back
Top Bottom