The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

Originally Posted by MDterps4

Originally Posted by theone2401

Welp there goes Blackmon' career
laugh.gif
skinsjersey.jpg

nerd.gif

I don't think RG III will be a bust but can't let a ******** fan disrespect the Jags like that.  I get enough of that from most of my family/friends.
laugh.gif
I cant argue with ya....

But one thing Mike Shanahan can do is develop quarterbacks so we will see.

At least we can see eye to eye on Sean Taylor
pimp.gif

Will say this about the Bruce Irvin pick...Pete Carroll and his staff will get the best out of him.

If Kirkpatrick comes on like he's supposed to, the Bengals had a nice draft. Picking up Kevin Zeitler on the back end of the first round to protech Dalton was great. Also if Harrison Smith can play safety in the NFL then I really like what the Vikes did in the draft with their 2 picks. Kahlil will proly be able to play in LA again soon.

Pats were the hands down winner. I love that Belichick traded up & stole Hightower from the ratbirds & then got Chandler Jones that should help the pass rush tremendously. Ozzie Newsome being from Bama had to be hearbroken (I love it). He loves drafting those Bama guys.

Hate to admit it but Dallas did a nice job trading up to get Claiborne. He & Carr are going to be a nice CB tandem.

I'm so happy with the Steelers picking up DeCastro. This was an absolute steal. He will be able to start right away & help protect Ben & also help the running game. All those trades helped with him dropping & we scooped him up.

I am excited about my vikings. I think Speliman is doing a great job as of right now. We got Matt Kalil and the best Zone FS in draft in Harrison Smith. We still got 10 picks left. Today needs to be even better.

LET"S GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VERY surprised with how aggressive New England was
Dallas made some shocking moves too
Happy with my Giants' pick, Wilson is a good RB but hopefully he'll be great.

Hoodie wants #4 and isn't waiting around for it anymore. Yikes, need someone to take them out of the playoffs so Pitt has a chance

give me any 2 out of this group and i'm happy (obviously i dont want 3 DTs with our first 3 picks, wouldn't mind having 2 though):

cordy glenn
coby fleener
kendall reyes
jerel worthy
bobby wagner
jonathan martin
brandon thompson
mike adams
devon still
lamar miller
trumaine johnson
alameda ta'amu
lavonte david
mychal kendericks

and i dont care what WRs the cardinals have..

their Oline doesn't give whoever their QB is enough time to get the ball out (they dont have a 2nd round pick either.. thanks guys)

- same applies for the rams.. they need to give bradford something to work with

suprised my guys picked a WR when we shouldve picked defense first. But hey, im not mad we got RGIII's favorite target
pimp.gif

Hass/Locker, CJ, Britt, Nate, D-Will and now Wright? hmmm i like
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Hoodie wants #4 and isn't waiting around for it anymore.
hoodie was waiting for the new wage scale
laugh.gif

the era of "value picks" in NE is over
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

The Browns moved up 1 spot and gave away 3 damn picks for it, and then take a RB which is PROVEN to be a position you can fill anywhere in the top 3-4 rounds.  Then, they take a damn near 30 year old rookie QB.  Meanwhile, the Ravens are in this division still, the Steelers add the best interior lineman in the draft to protect Ben, and the Bengals add a corner and a top interior lineman themselves, plus add an extra pick from NE.  The Browns are in trouble.
laugh.gif

What the **@$ are the Browns doing?  They could have moved up to 2, had they been willing to give up their extra 1st rounder this year and their first rounder next year.  But they take a 29 year old QB in Round 1
eek.gif
 Are you %$+*%#* kidding me????  And in today's NFL, taking a RB in the top-10 is moronic.  Just like you sai,d you can get value anywhere in the top 3-4 rounds. 

If I was a fan of this team, I'd be pissed at Holmgren for what he's doing.  

Oh yea....RIP justin Blackmon.  And screw what the analysts were saying....he was every bit as good or BETTER than Julio Jones coming out.  He's going to have a rougher transition due to the QB situation, but he's a damn good player. 

Saw the cowboys are shopping mike jenkins. Who on earth is going to take this lame? He & newman perfected the hands up +** shoulder shrug last season.

Loved the DeCastro pick for the Steelers. They had that pick in so damn fast too lol. As soon as Goodell left with the 23rd pick he came right back. I can't believe dude fell so far

Yo Wizard. Where you at? Looks like you have Vandy in your sig. If so, what's the word outside of what you can read online on CB Casey Hayward? I like what I've seen. Hoping the Steelers might get a shot at him in the second round but not sure if he'll last until then...

ESPN just reported the Browns are shopping Colt McCoy. Poor guy. I think he could be a decent QB.

Fifty years after Cleveland drafted Ernie Davis, they've traded up to No. 3 to draft another RB, Trent Richardson.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Weeden reach?

#Browns GM Heckert told ESPN's Bob Holtzman about 28-yr-old Brandon Weeden, "You don't take him if he's not going to start."

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Fifty years after Cleveland drafted Ernie Davis, they've traded up to No. 3 to draft another RB, Trent Richardson.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Weeden reach?

#Browns GM Heckert told ESPN's Bob Holtzman about 28-yr-old Brandon Weeden, "You don't take him if he's not going to start."
Well, he's turning 29 in Oct...u think they were gonna sit him for 2 years and turn him loose at 31? 
laugh.gif

As good as Richardson is, taking him at #3 was a reach also, IMO. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by CP1708

The Browns moved up 1 spot and gave away 3 damn picks for it, and then take a RB which is PROVEN to be a position you can fill anywhere in the top 3-4 rounds.  Then, they take a damn near 30 year old rookie QB.  Meanwhile, the Ravens are in this division still, the Steelers add the best interior lineman in the draft to protect Ben, and the Bengals add a corner and a top interior lineman themselves, plus add an extra pick from NE.  The Browns are in trouble.
laugh.gif

What the **@$ are the Browns doing?  They could have moved up to 2, had they been willing to give up their extra 1st rounder this year and their first rounder next year.  But they take a 29 year old QB in Round 1
eek.gif
 Are you %$+*%#* kidding me????  And in today's NFL, taking a RB in the top-10 is moronic.  Just like you sai,d you can get value anywhere in the top 3-4 rounds. 

If I was a fan of this team, I'd be pissed at Holmgren for what he's doing.  

Oh yea....RIP justin Blackmon.  And screw what the analysts were saying....he was every bit as good or BETTER than Julio Jones coming out.  He's going to have a rougher transition due to the QB situation, but he's a damn good player. 

Well they've been saying that if they didn't trade up, they thought someone else would leapfrog them and grab him.  They must really like him.

And yea, I saw it this morning I didn't get all that crap that Blackmon was getting.  I think I have more faith in Gabbert than most, dude was just thrown to the @$@*$$! wolves last year.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Weeden reach?

Well, he's turning 29 in Oct...u think they were gonna sit him for 2 years and turn him loose at 31? 
laugh.gif

As good as Richardson is, taking him at #3 was a reach also, IMO. 

Yeah it's a reach, but I wanna believe Holmgren sees something we dont. A rookie QB/RB/WR? to go with an already young receiving core.. The defense is up & coming (top 10-15)

Cowboys can only thank the ******** for that opportunity to move up with just a second.. Rams were comfortable enough to let us slide in for Claiborne.

Taking a RB with your high first round pick is by and large a waste of your time and it's shocking to me how veteran NFL minds who run these teams still do it.

I like Richardson, who doesn't. Guy could beast. But you just don't do it if you want to win actual games in this league and turn your team around. Holmgren should be embarrassed, especially because he spent additional picks to do so.

Back
Top Bottom