The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My starting lineup all time would have Hakeem at the five. Hakeem in terms of overall skillset is the GOAT. Post game was insane, had a mid range jumper, could take any center off the dribble, great rebounder and defender, He was just an athletic, highly skilled center.  He may not have the stats of Wilt or Kareem, but Hakeem would run circles around them guys IMO. 

Agreed.

I remember copying his moves as a kid.

Dream shake still works :pimp:

i take Hakeem anyday. He's def the best al around big man ever. Maybe even the best all around player.

Last edited:
I like smart people.

No I'm not, your reading comprehension just isn't all that great.

Here, I'll help you out: go back and start reading SLOWLY from post #26656 and it should all make sense to you.

Now I see, my mistake. It's late, I got thrown off by the quote. :tongue:

You don't gotta be a **** about the reading comprehension though, I'm sure you've misread a thing or two before :wink:

I must apologize for my rudeness, I tend to be a major douche from 3-6 AM.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Hakeem, Nigerian, great dude, but he really isn't in the discussion for all time great C's. Thats just how stacked the position is historically.

It's

Wilt
Russel
Kareem

Thats it thats the list.

Hakeems in the next tier with. Shaq, Walton, ect ect (Sabonis if he stayed healthy)

I love Hakeem, Nigerian, great dude, but he really isn't in the discussion for all time great C's. Thats just how stacked the position is historically.

It's

Wilt
Russel
Kareem

Thats it thats the list.

Hakeems in the next tier with. Shaq, Walton, ect ect (Sabonis if he stayed healthy)
I'm assuming you're going off achievements and not skillset. In that regard I agree. Yes, stats wise Hakeem  doesn't compare to Wilt, heck no player does for that matter, but Hakeem was the better player (skillset) than the one mentioned and it's not even close.

Last edited:
Disrespected shaq & hakeem for having bill walton in the same tier
mean.gif
laugh.gif

Dat dere comprehension.

Brian Siemen asked Mike Smith if he's ever seen a better PG than CP3.Mike Smith, the homer, said Magic was better but CP3 is the best PG he's seen since he started broadcasting. I think he's been broadcasting for like 10 years.

I hate Mike Smith as much as you guys but the reaching is outrageous on here.

Exactly. I'm the first to admit Mike Smith says a lot of dumb ****, but if you're going to criticize him, at least do it for stuff he actually says.

I'm assuming you're going off achievements and not skillset. In that regard I agree. Yes, stats wise Hakeem  doesn't compare to Wilt, heck no player does for that matter, But Hakeem was the better player (skillset) than the one mentioned and it's not even close.

I don't really even care about achievements im just talking about on court impact, wilt was the best player in the league for like 5 years, same for Russel and Kareem.

Hakeem was the best for maybe 1 year and a playoff run.

put shaq in that era, shaq DESTROYS WILT. the NBA wasnt nearly as competitive as nowadays. achievement doesnt mean everything, mj doesnt have the most rings but hes no doubt the GOAT.

Disrespected shaq & hakeem for having bill walton in the same tier :smh:

Bill Walton would have owon two championships had he not gotten hurt in the last year in Portland, they were destroying the league by a pretty gigantic margin, no one was really close. Bill Walton was an incredible basketball player when he played, so if you are ranking based off peak performance, Bill deserves to be mentioned.

Last edited:
I always find it funny people who doubt Wilt Chamberlain.

He was 7-1 260 pound Lebron James level athlete, he was a college sprinter, high jumper, he may be the most athletic physical specimen the human race has EVER produced. :lol:

How many of those are running around in todays NBA?

You think Wilt wouldn't be doing what Anthony Davis is doing right now? except Anthony is like 4 inches shorter and and 30 pounds lighter? :lol:

I'm a little upset that someone as knowledgeable as OKB just put Hakeem and Walton in the same sentence.

He was 7-1 260 pound Lebron James level athlete, he was a college sprinter, high jumper, he may be the most athletic physical specimen the human race has EVER produced.
laugh.gif

You think Wilt wouldn't be doing what Anthony Davis is doing right now? except Anthony is like 4 inches shorter and and 30 pounds lighter?
laugh.gif
i hate lebron but no doubt he is the best athlete ever. wilt was good yeah but he cant ******* shoot freethrow and too skinny. 

He was 7-1 260 pound Lebron James level athlete, he was a college sprinter, high jumper, he may be the most athletic physical specimen the human race has EVER produced. :lol:

You think Wilt wouldn't be doing what Anthony Davis is doing right now? except Anthony is like 4 inches shorter and and 30 pounds lighter? :lol:
Wilt wasnt as skilled as AD so i doubt he would be putting up the same #s

Wilt would probably be a little better than deandre jordan if he played today

He was 7-1 260 pound Lebron James level athlete, he was a college sprinter, high jumper, he may be the most athletic physical specimen the human race has EVER produced.
laugh.gif

You think Wilt wouldn't be doing what Anthony Davis is doing right now? except Anthony is like 4 inches shorter and and 30 pounds lighter?
laugh.gif
Wilt wouldn't be doing what AD is doing now. AD already has an a midrange jumper and can handle the ball at 21 yrs old for starters, a skill Wilt never had. 
laugh.gif

Wilt wasnt as skilled as AD so i doubt he would be putting up the same #s

Wilt would probably be a little better than Julius Randle if he played today

fixed

I don't think anyone doubts Wilt but his stats are most def inflated. Almost to the point where it's hard to take seriously. It was a different era. Wilt was a monster who belonged in the 90s or now.

Wilt would have got his *** crossed over too many times to leave the paint. Just different eras to say what some of the greats would play like now.

so...this is the point where kings become the kings again?

i like mike malone, hope he can get these boys back on track

I don't think anyone doubts Wilt but his stats are most def inflated. Almost to the point where it's hard to take seriously. It was a different era. Wilt was a monster who belonged in the 90s or now.
Seriously. He was a 7 foot mobile dude playing against 6'7 centers and mostly players who could barely dunk. Put 09 Ryan Hollins in that era and hes a star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom