The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm not going all in on this team either. Anything less than a WCF appearance would be a failure if you guys bombastic statements and proclamations about them are anywhere close to being true.
"Bombastic statements and proclamations"
laugh.gif
 What's so bombastic, saying they're contenders? They are.

You said they weren't even gonna make the playoffs, so I'm pretty sure none of the pro-Warriors statements could possibly end up looking as silly as that. 
laugh.gif
 Then a couple months into the season, after it became apparent how good they were, you still insisted they weren't contenders and compared them to last year's Blazers.

You're just being extra stubborn because you don't want to admit how good they are.

Last edited:
the WEST is WIDELY open,,anybody(Houston,Spurs,Clips,OKC,Warriors,Blazers,Mavs,Suns) can go to the FINALS EXCEPT for the Lakers and i am a PROUD Laker fan 'til death :smokin

So some Laker fans are too good for Carmelo now? :lol:

The Lakers would be miserable even if they somehow added Melo to this mess. It's not that fans are too good for him, it's that its clear Melo wouldn't fix a thing even though he'd be the best player on the roster

Last edited:
"Bombastic statements and proclamations" :lol:  What's so bombastic, saying they're contenders? They are.

You said they weren't even gonna make the playoffs, so I'm pretty sure none of the pro-Warriors statements could possibly end up looking as silly as that. :lol:  Then a couple months into the season, after it became apparent how good they were, you still insisted they weren't contenders and compared them to last year's Blazers.

You're just being extra stubborn because you don't want to admit how good they are.

Eh they won 51 games last year and we're still just 3 games from missing the playoffs. Didn't think it was that outlandish seeing the circumstances of another team coming up and hiring a coach with no experience. And the presumption of the West being even tougher than last year.

Y'all got it if they're a contender they better make it to the WCF then. I don't believe they're good enough to do it therefore I don't have them in that category. Shrugs. And if they don't I'll bring every single quote back up, bank on it.

And if I'm wrong in wrong. I don't take these Internet predictions to seriously.

Last edited:
1) The Tank is now in full effect, as if it wasn't before the trade :smokin

2) It created more cap room, now up to I think $31 mil this summer

3) JR & Iman weren't part of the future plans

Unless Waiters gets traded again, he likely means that Reggie Jackson is gone after this season.

There was some wiggle room to keep Reggie, but simple math, and an inability to be a tax team for multiple years will destroy the Thunder.

Reggie Jackson RFA in 2015.
KD FA, Waiters RFA in 2016.
Westbrook, Ibaka FA, Steven Adams RFA in 2017.

If teams go hard after Reggie that will cost the Thunder over $10mil. Likely a team tries to pull a Chandler Parsons on the Thunder, especially with $14mil only being about 20% of the cap in '15-16.
KD & Westbrook MAX deals will start at around $24mil+
Ibaka will get over $15mil, but less than $20mil. Although a bad team in a small market may try to go higher.
Waiters will get over $5mil, just on the premise of bench scoring, even if he hates being a bench player.
Steven Adams is pulling 7.5 & 7.5 in his 2nd year, 2 more years he could be a 10& 10. That's worth $10mil to some team.

They may have to let Reggie go if a team bids high, may even let him go if a team goes over $10mil, just because future money won't allow it.

If that happens, KD has to seriously consider leaving because letting Reggie go does not open up new moves. And even the hint that Westbrook or Ibaka may leave in the year after has to give him some pause.

Last edited:
Knick fans, just remember, Lakers had tons of cap room plus a top 7 pick this past off season, we saw how that went.

Not saying Phil isn't making the right moves but we'll see if he can land some legit talent to put around Melo.

So Thunder kept Reggie?

mean.gif

Either they think they should use him this year and just let him walk or, he's still on the block eh? (they won't pay tax to keep him, not him)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom