The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Legend scores 52 to help Wolves snap 15-game skid

INDIANAPOLIS -- John Legend could sense what was happening and knew the Indiana Pacers couldn't stop it. He told them that, too.

"When you are in the zone, you don't know the magnitude of the game," Legend said. "I am glad to put on a show."  He put on the best one in the NBA this season.

Legend scored a career-high 52 points, most in the league this season, and the Minnesota Timberwolves snapped a 15-game losing streak with a 110-101 victory over the Pacers on Tuesday night.

Legend also broke the Timberwolves' franchise record.

"John was unbelievable," Minnesota coach Flip Saunders said. "I have been in the league 17 years and I have had some guys have hot games, but I don't think I have had anybody where he was at. He did everything."

Legend surpassed the 46 points scored this season by both Carmelo Anthony and Pau Gasol, which had been tops in the NBA.
He recorded the highest-scoring game by an opponent in Bankers Life Fieldhouse and told the Pacers there was nothing they could do about it.

"I was telling C.J. Watson during the game, I said, `There was nothing you are going to do today, don't even worry about it," Legend said.
Legend made six 3-pointers, including one that gave Minnesota a 102-96 lead.

Fell asleep too early last night and woke up to text messages saying Mo dropped 52 :lol:

I was literally confused whether I was still dreaming or not

Went to sleep after the Cavs game, looks like I missed some good finishes.

Probably needs to be posted on every page for the rest of the day

Checked the NBA site to see Mo Williams scoring 52. I'm thinking "Must be a typo, or they meant he had 52 shot attempts." He's gon be puttin that thing up from now on :lol:

I can't see the Bulls bowing down to the Wizards again

I wouldn't use the word bow. If I didn't respect the Bulls I wouldn't go at them like I do. They're our current NBA rival. Folks wanted it to be Cleveland again but that Bron/Arenas beef been cooked. Should be another tough matchup tonight for both teams.

i think eventually the WIz will be to the Cavs what the Pacers were to the Heat during Bron's *college* getaway. Unlike that rivalry, Wiz will probably get the better of the Cavs, PP is just a placeholder until KD comes right? :wink:

Going back to the whole Nets thing, didn't they move folks out of that neighborhood too? 
residences and businesses. it was a pretty terrible time for a lot of long time locals. plus the constructions and repairs as a result of accommodating barclays center is something that's still going on. it's really disrupted a lot of the neighboring communities

Mo has always been good

Going back to the whole Nets thing, didn't they move folks out of that neighborhood too? 

residences and businesses. it was a pretty terrible time for a lot of long time locals. plus the constructions and repairs as a result of accommodating barclays center is something that's still going on. it's really disrupted a lot of the neighboring communities

traffic there during the construction too was a pain in the ***.... you guys think they would move the team?

because...

View media item 1351419

Nice to see Kyrie dish out those 6 assists when he knew his shot wasn't falling.
laugh.gif

"One Shove on Blatt" 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom