The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like, I'm sure Charles barkley played against players who were better than mchale, but if he says mchale gave him the most difficulty, then that can't be argued, that's something you have to believe :lol: especially considering McHale is an all time great anyway, but that's a moot point to this

Like how he's on record (many times) saying Michael Jordan is the greatest player of all time. The problem is Barkley had to actually guard McHale.

Barkley has said that many times and I'm pretty sure he means players he had to guard, not like Michael Jordan or whatever. I don't see what's so crazy about his answer.

Beverly 
roll.gif

Also

Michael Beasly shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Austin Rivers

Austin wasn't good at Duke, and OJ Mayo was like 20 years old in high school. :lol:

Beasley absolutely deserved the hype and to act like his bust status was some obvious thing is just revisionist history.

Don't mean to bring this back hours later but whatever.

I wasn't saying it was obvious Beas was gonna be a bust. But by his 2nd/3rd year in the L, you could see noticeable flaws in his game that just didn't translate to the NBA. I think too many times people don't admit that the scouting report was wrong and blame it on hard to see stuff like immaturity, mental issues, weed, off the court stuff, not loving the game, etc. Beasley tried really hard and really cared. He's just not who we thought he was. Outside of 3pt shooting, he had no plus NBA attributes. That's why he failed. Not because of off the court stuff.

mchale has the most post most of anybody ever and dwight still doing the same stuff he did in 06.

i hope the Rockets are down by 1 and miss a shot at the buzzer. Since the entire crowd is wearing "Clutch City" shirts

Don't mean to bring this back hours later but whatever.

I wasn't saying it was obvious Beas was gonna be a bust. But by his 2nd/3rd year in the L, you could see noticeable flaws in his game that just didn't translate to the NBA. I think too many times people don't admit that the scouting report was wrong and blame it on hard to see stuff like immaturity, mental issues, weed, off the court stuff, not loving the game, etc. Beasley tried really hard and really cared. He's just not who we thought he was. Outside of 3pt shooting, he had no plus NBA attributes. That's why he failed. Not because of off the court stuff.

This alludes to my point a few weeks back. No matter how hard players work out and practice, players plateau. Has nothing to do with off the court issues, work ethic, etc. players just plateau

Last edited:
You guys, watching this CU at Arizona game and Bill walton is on a roll :rofl: :rolln

"I want to present you with a cake for your birthday dave, and I would have brought candles but unlike colorado, they don't like to spark it up inside" :rofl: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom