The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree too. I think if u sign an athletic scholarship to play Bball in the NCAA it should be 3 years minimum to stay.

I think 2 years is good enough. Especially with the way the NCAA system is set up. :x

Hopefully more of the top prospects take the Mudiaye route

To be fair, Mudiay only took that route because he was likely going to be ineligible this season. Had that not come up, he would've been at SMU.

I don't mind players going overseas out of high school, just prefer them to sign with a good team like B.Jennings did. Mudiay is playing against cupcakes.

NCAA bball is a joke because of the one and done BS. Make players start staying 3-4 years and developing their skills and fundamentals while getting an education. If kids wanna jump straight from HS let em do it. But one and done is a joke and bad for the college game and pro game in my opinion.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons  
For MVP: I still have Harden 1st so far. Thinks he means more to his team, game to game, than any elite player means to a good playoff team.

I hate the one and done rule and the NCAA in general

No reason you shouldn't be able to go pro out of high school, they just want to pimp these kids.

You shouldn't be forced to go to school for any amount of time, GM's don't like it too bad do your job better.

I think 2 years is good enough. Especially with the way the NCAA system is set up. :x
To be fair, Mudiay only took that route because he was likely going to be ineligible this season. Had that not come up, he would've been at SMU.

I don't mind players going overseas out of high school, just prefer them to sign with a good team like B.Jennings did. Mudiay is playing against cupcakes.
I wouldn't mind 2. I'd prefer 3. But 2 is obviously much better than 1. U do a lot of growing into a man from a boy in those 18-21 years. Physically and mentally.

Last edited:
Mudiay made $2.2 Mby skipping out on SMU and his draft stock wasn't effected.

There's no way I'd step foot on a college campus if I'm Ben Simmons

Last edited:
No amount of time will change just how different a brand of basketball is played in college as opposed to the NBA. If you stay 4 years, 3yrs, 2, 1 and done it doesn't matter. As long as you're an elite level prospect, college is essentially useless for you.

Different / bad rules, teammates / opponents who wont sniff the league, over emphasis on coaching, all around bad. Then when they take the players money out of their pockets by....nvm

I think it's a mixed bag with going overseas. I don't think the NCAA is perfect at all, but at the same time I don't think going overseas is automatically better than staying in America. All depends on the kid and his personality, where he grew up, how he grew up and his mindset for the future

These are kids, kids who may or may not be resilient enough to travel across the world away from their friends and family, away from their ideas of normal. These kids will NOT be pampered and will from day 1 be thrown in with grown men

Ideally, yes, this should be a great thing for prospects hoping to play professionally, but there are other factors that come in to play

Last edited:
High school / AAU basketball is closer to NBA style basketball than college is.
AAU is the reason for half of the nonsense going on. Those coaches aren't any better either. High School isn't NCAA ball. Playing against 16 year olds is completely different than playing against 20 year olds.

Last edited:
I think it's a mixed bag with going overseas. I don't think the NCAA is perfect at all, but at the same time I don't think going overseas is automatically better than staying in America. All depends on the kid and his personality, where he grew up, how he grew up and his mindset for the future

These are kids, kids who may or may not be resilient enough to travel across the world away from their friends and family, away from their ideas of normal. These kids will NOT be pampered and will from day 1 be thrown in with grown men

Ideally, yes, this should be a great thing for prospects hoping to play professionally, but there are other factors that come in to play
Very well said. Agreed.

And I agree. College would still be an option for those kids.

QKN5KCL.gif

I'd like it if they modified the NCAA game

Invest in the D-League? It's hard when there isn't a monetary return.
This.

Plus I don't think it should take 3-4 years to develop into a good NBA player. Especially if you went top 5 in the draft. 

That speaks volumes about the NCAA imo. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom