The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad Stauskas actually looks like an NBA player finally, didn't understand how his shooting wasn't translating.

He's also in one of the worst situations possible for a rookie, we saw how Ben Mac struggled too.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....et-on-basketball-according-to-his-girlfriend/

334.gif

was wondering what the hell Timmy was thinking though

The Warriors thing is funny because for as many people who say they should win it all because of how they are running the table in the regular season, theres an equal amount of people saying that they wont have a chance. Its not a situation like Miami where everyone is locking them into the Finals from the jump. That being said I dont think they win it all this year.
it's hard to compare it to the Miami situation is different since they had the big 3, one who already won it almost single-handily, another who went to the finals single-handily and another premier AS who was putting up numbers, now playing the third option. They also played in the East.

The Warriors doesn't have any player with that kind of resume. I think we also have been trained to believe that a team can't win a championship by shooting jumpers and when people watch the Warriors play that's all they see. But when you break down the team, they do so much more. Most of the people who don't think the Warriors will do much in the playoffs, never mention anything about their elite defense or ball movement. They have 37 games out of 71 where they had at least 30 assists. It's not like the entire team is just pulling the 3s like someone like jamal crawford or agent zero.
I dont buy that whole jumpers thing, the last four championships were won by teams who relied on "jumpshots" the last two NBA Finals featured the #1 and #2 three point shooting teams in the league. These teams were manufacturing great wide open jumpshots and won titles doing so. 
so why do you think they won't win it?
I dont think they'll win it because theres a better team out there, the San Antonio Spurs. I'm sure it comes off as biased, but I still think theyre the team to beat in the West. The season hasnt been a high priority for the team. Even Pop said so, this skid was to be expected. Injuries, lack of continuity, and age have all played a factor, but at this point right now things are starting to come together. 

I dont have anything against GSW, I love watching them play. I I just think its our chance to repeat. Post TD retirement I'd have them as the team to beat in the East, especially since I forsee both KD and Russell walking when their times come.

That Warriors team is a force and will only get better as time goes on, as I think the core players are staying together. 

you think the spurs are better than the warriors? by a lot or a little? Enough to beat them in 7?

I dont think they'll win it because theres a better team out there, the San Antonio Spurs. I'm sure it comes off as biased, but I still think theyre the team to beat in the West. The season hasnt been a high priority for the team. Even Pop said so, this skid was to be expected. Injuries, lack of continuity, and age have all played a factor, but at this point right now things are starting to come together. 

I dont have anything against GSW, I love watching them play. I I just think its our chance to repeat. Post TD retirement I'd have them as the team to beat in the East, especially since I forsee both KD and Russell walking when their times come.

That Warriors team is a force and will only get better as time goes on, as I think the core players are staying together. 

I don't think the Warriors are a lock also but, I'm confident in them winning and they should if they play their game consistently. Spurs are great but, inconsistent, OKC has no KD and Westbrook can't do it every night, shut down Harden and Rockets are donezo, Griz can be a threat but, doesn't score enough often, and Clips and Blazers can run with us but, don't play as good.

ps I'm a Warriors fan.

Last edited:
hows there just 1 weak *** game today? **** a march madness
Seriously, its not even like I'm gonna watch.
you think the spurs are better than the warriors? by a lot or a little? Enough to beat them in 7?
Spurs are better by a sizeable amount. We have the size and speed to keep up with them on Offense and Defense and when it comes down to it, player for player I think we have a deeper and more talented roster. GSW is a deep team no doubt, but the drop off in ability between starter and reserve is much greater than ours. By the time the Spurs meet the Warriors in the playoffs, The core of the Warriors will have logged much more minutes than the Spurs. It all adds up.

If the Spurs wont win the West only team I see coming out is the Grizz honestly as long as injuries don't affect them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom