The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliffs on what Simmons did please.
He made a comment about Lebron comparing him to Pujols. Said its still early in the season for Lebron but still liked him to Pujols going absent after being traded to Angels and getting paid.

Golic bashed him on Mike and Mike saying it was the most absurd comment in Sports History.

Simmons went on a twitter tirade bashing Mike and Mikes show, the end

Simmons said LeBron doesn't look the same on Cowherd's show, Mike Golic took it way outta context. Bill responded on Twitter.

http://thebiglead.com/2014/11/06/mi...-headline-which-is-something-i-know-he-loves/

Bill Simmons was a guest on The Herd  yesterday. Before talking about Ray Rice and Roger Goodell, he discussed LeBron’s early season struggles in Cleveland. Mike and Mike  played a snippet of the segment in which Simmons said it reminded him “a tiny bit” of when the Angels signed Albert Pujols, who was suddenly not nearly as formidable as he was in St. Louis.

“I think it’s one of the most ridiculous statements I’ve heard four games into a season in my life in any sport,” said Mike Golic. “That’s what I’ll say about Bill Simmons. So, you know, he grabbed a headline, which is something I know he loves — and that’s one of the most ridiculous lines I’ve ever heard in any sport in my life. Four games into a season. I don’t even … that’s ridiculous.”

“I put nothing — ZERO — on that,” Golic finished.

http://thebiglead.com/2014/11/06/bi...show-but-i-never-had-it/#sthash.UoNOWKrZ.uxfs

Clever with the "not serious" in black so it only showed up in the quote.

Senor you are one smart Rabbit man

Simmons knows where the bodies are buried.

Espn Better tread lightly. He got that Internet cult

Last edited:
Simmons knows where the bodies are buried.

Espn Better tread lightly. He got that Internet cult

Meh, if Dan Patrick, Keith Olberman and Craig Kilborn never seriously went after ESPN after they left, I doubt Simmons will either. He'll go somewhere else and talk **** about them, but it won't be anything real serious:

Pujols was in his prime when he went to Anaheim? Simmons you're a clown ***. LeBron is just as good as he's ever been and will continue to be for the next 10 years. This is why I can't stand Simmons. He's a hack.

Are the Cavs 1-3 and because of LeBron? No. How about Kevin Love shooting 2-10 last night? Simmons sit down and continue watching wrestling you little mark.

Simmons will always have animosity towards LeBron because he basically put an end to that Boston run and sent them into a rebuilding phase. Same way he takes shots at Miami all the time. He's just a biased homer that works for ESPN.

Last edited:
Simmons is the same dude that ran that article violating the privacy of that golf club inventor. I refuse to listen to this dude. He's part of the problem with today's media/journalism.

1st b2b for the Spurs and they put the 2nd game on TNT? Adam Silver's gotta be trolling. Everyone knows the Spurs rest all their guys on B2Bs.

cavs record last year without lebron and with mike brown as coach .408

cavs record this year with lebron .250

men lie, chris paul lies, numbers dont 

Uncalled for, bro. Uncalled for. You know what I'm talking about.

OK so we've only seen Bron play a few games so far this season, but it's fair to say that he has been underwhelming at the least. What we excused as first night jitters has turned into a few straight up bad games, leading one fellow redditor to liken his play to that of a potato.
So what is it? Nerves? Pressure? Injury? A gradual decline due to age? Tanking to get Cleveland another #1 draft pick?
I don't think it's any of these things. This off-season, we've seen LeBron drop a fair amount of weight that has been credited by some to a low-carb diet. But what if LeBron's weight loss and his resulting dip in form is the result of something far more cynical? What if he has stopped using performance enhancing drugs?
Stay with me. Adam Silver took over as commissioner following David Stern's 30 year tenure as Commissioner. Stern never led a full-out war on steroid use that we have seen in baseball or athletics over the past few years. It is very possible that he turned a blind eye to steroid usage in the NBA so as to provide a better spectacle, and a steroid scandal would have ruined his image as a Commissioner.
Adam Silver's short tenure has been marked by his strong and impressive responses to potentially image-harming scandals in the NBA. His legacy would only be enhanced if he lead a war on performance enhancing drugs from the early stages of his tenure. What if Silver informed the players of his determination to do this down the line? What if he specifically told LeBron, the league's marquee player, to make 100% sure he was clean as he was about to become the most tested athlete in sports, so as to avoid a scandal that could potentially eclipse both Barry Bonds and Lance Armstrongs' respective falls from grace?
What if I'm high and all this is *******t?
I'm 95% sure it's the latter, but I love me a good conspiracy theory. Pick apart my argument young bloods....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom